Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Ipad Apps. Universal remote control?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 06:50 PM
millzee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipad Apps. Universal remote control?????

Has anyone come across an app that can be a remote for your entertainment system? or an app that could make someone rich could be an app that turns your ipad into a touch screen remote control for any of your toy's, think about it, they could sell high powered receivers that can be put in all types of models, boats, cars, planes ect. The software would always be upgradable, you should be able to have a multitude of channel options, screen/controller layout options, on screen telementry and data logging and so forth, it's endless what could be customized. A fully programable remote control app that could opperate all your toy's and home entertainment needs, I want it. This kind of app would make a meal of companies like logitech and other home based remote manufactures not to mention the rc based like specktrum and fubata.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:31 PM
NOVAMEGA

Default RE: Ipad Apps. Universal remote control?????

I can use my iPad to change ch. On my cable box (time warner in Cincinnati Ohio) and it works with hbo go ...but the other stuff well idk ...lol
Old 12-30-2011, 09:06 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This app would require extensive hardware put in everything including the ipad... So unless the ipad has nanobots built in it that an app can program to go modify stuff its basically impossible.
Honestly what I would want less in life is something that says ipad compatible, actually that would make me NEVER buy the product.

As for novamegas channel changing thing I'm guessing it connects to the cable companies site over the internet, and it sends a signal to change the channel that way (only way I can imagine it working). I know direct TV can change your channel remotely cause when I was having issues with a receiver they were changing channels on it as a test.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:08 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

When I was looking at getting a new tv I was told by the guy at the store that if I got a samsung tv I could use my galaxy S as a remote, it sounded kinda cool but it's nothing more then a gimmick... As far as using one device to control them all, I would rather some kind of voice recognition for my home entertainment like what xbox kinect has to offer.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:41 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be possible, like with the Parrot AR Drone... but range would not be all that great. The technology is already built into the iPad. Class 1 Bluetooth is basically the same 2.4ghz used in radio systems. I have actually been expecting someone to start producing a Bluetooth universal receiver. There is the [link=http://www.pabr.org/pxarc/doc/pxarc.en.html]ChRoMicro [/link], which can be bound with an xbox or ps3 controller, but I think the dude abandoned the project.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:01 PM
FrostByte25

I can control my DirecTv receiver and BluRay player through my iPad and GalaxyS if i connect them thru my wifi network. I belive Denon makes audio recivers wifi compatible so you can do the same. 
Some info i just searched and came across.
You would have to buy this hardware to put a ir transmitter on the device...looks simple though just plug and play
For Andoid Devices http://www.irdroid.com/

Also i have came across some toy grade bluetooth cars controlled by an iPad range is poor though (20-30ft)
http://store.apple.com/us/product/H7537LL/A   <-link to the Silverlit Bluetooth RC Car.

FrostY
Old 01-01-2012, 05:04 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LAME, i guess if you wanted to look like some lame-o pre-teen, justin bieber loving, ambrocrombie wearing brain dead reject kid it would be cool.

laggy, clunky and numb.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:23 AM
millzee

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

LAME, i guess if you wanted to look like some lame-o pre-teen, justin bieber loving, ambrocrombie wearing brain dead reject kid it would be cool.

laggy, clunky and numb.

What's your issue numb nut's, ya had your dick in a fish for too long?? It was more of a brain fart rather than a question of how can I do it.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:29 AM
steed2-inactive

ORIGINAL: millzee

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

laggy, clunky and numb.

What's your issue numb nut's, ya had your dick in a fish for too long?? It was more of a brain fart rather than a question of how can I do it.
ha....^^ i was thinking the same thing millzee.....too funny!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:50 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cleaned up and moved to Off Topic. Let's be nice shall we, folks? Hm?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:05 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I" got cleaned up?

in short i think its a horrible idea.