Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

BeastX Flybarless System and 5-Blade Main Rotor heads?

Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

BeastX Flybarless System and 5-Blade Main Rotor heads?

Old 11-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Rush!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BeastX Flybarless System and 5-Blade Main Rotor heads?

Hi Guys...

Looking to get some good advice on equipment i am looking at for a Scale Hughes NH500E project that i am starting. I have been reading up on scale builds but a little confused with "Phasing'.

However, i have come across some comments on the use of Flybarless Gyros/Stabilization Systems that take the work out programming/mechanical adjustments for multi blade heads.

Which leads to my question on the use of the BeastX Gyro. Can it be used with 5-Blade systems?

I intend to put this on both (1) a 600 size CNC 5-Blade main rotor head as well as a (2) 500 size CNC 5-Blade rotor head that i saw on the RC_Aerodyne website. I am also planning to use the semi symmetrical 500 and 600 scale rotor blades that are flat bottomed.

Appreciate any help i can get to clarify the above. Thanks!

Regarsd

Rush
Old 01-01-2012, 06:45 AM
E Squared
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BeastX Flybarless System and 5-Blade Main Rotor heads?

I have the Micro BeastX in my scale MD500D with a five bladed head. It works great. You have to program the phasing on the computer but once you have it dialed in no problems. I programmed and test flew my heli in pod and boom to make sure that it flew well before spending the time and money to install it into a scale fuselage. To make sure you have the correct phasing position one blade directly over the tail and adjust the electronic phasing until that blade no longer changes pitch when giving forward and backward cyclic inputs.

I have the RC Aerodyne 500 size MD500D with Gaui Hurricane mechanics installed.