Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What's with this weather???

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What's with this weather???

Old 01-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What's with this weather???

So far there has been no rain, no big winds, no big cold, only two freeze warnings all season??? Today I had to pull my van around to the other side of the markets parking lot while I was out waiting for my wife, it got too hot sitting in the sun!!! I had to pull into the shade. All the early snow we got up at the ski area has melted. Been perfect flying weather for weeks!! Irish isn't even snowed in yet. This is nuts!! It was 68 today and it's supposed to be nice all week??
Old 01-01-2012, 06:07 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What's with this weather???

Heck, GB.. thank your lucky stars. We, here on the east coast, have had a pretty mild season so far. Compared to last year, when we battled snow drifts for two months, we thank the powers up in the sky that we are in a mild winter... so far.

CGr.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Stick 40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The weather all around the world has been weird, I was told its the fact that all the planets about us are coming into alignment. I guess that is causing changes, makes scene, as everything affects everything.

This happens every 26000 years and we are so lucky, I guess.

Right or wrong , that's what I was told.

sticks
Old 01-01-2012, 06:56 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

But there's no such thing as climate change
Old 01-01-2012, 07:08 PM
grimmy55

Hey Can we come and live with you people its going from bad to worser here earthquakes all night shakin all over first one 1.30 am 5.4 cracked all my terrace god knows what its like up in the roof but my planes are all O>K must give hobby king a hammering later this week hope the visa can stand a shock went to order a plane from tower and the frieght was more than the plane 99 for the plane 109 for frieght Stuff them I take my money else where ,,,,,,,,anyway hope you all had a great new year and are looking forward to it being better year than the last ,,,
Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Gray Beard

Global Warming, didn't Al Gore discover that too??? My daughter has a resort on Drummond Island MI.. She keeps it open all year long. Had a great hunting season this year but had crap for her snowmobile season the last few years. It was just starting to snow there Xmas morning and the lake hadn't frozen enough to trust for ice fishing. This time of year she usually has her belly wrapped around the pot belly stove.
I have no complaints at all. It's just strange for us not to be freezing out on the lake bed. It's usually in the 20s in the morning out there, I don't go out until early noon these days. Mid 60s??? No wind?? This time of year Gene is usually posting photos of his frozen in drive. I'm usually being a smartass posting photos of the sunny lake bed telling you how warm it is. This season I can do it without even spreading the BS too thick!! Very strange.[:-]
Old 01-01-2012, 07:20 PM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Windy as heck here last night, today and supposedly into tomorrow. I check once today and the wind was 38 MPH with a gust to 56MHP. Good thing the snow didn't show up!!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Campgems

It's been kind of wierd here on the central coast also. We had a cold December and no rain to speak of. Winds were off and on. Yesterday, it was really windy early then topped out at 78. The winds were down today and it was in the mid 70 until about 4pm when the fog started to come in and the temp droped like a rock. The forecast here is for high 60 to mid 70 for the next week, maybe longer.

Minnflyer the climate is not changing, It's just that the ground is moving to another climate. How bout that.

Don
Old 01-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Campgems

Grimmy, you guys have ben getting hammered havn't you. I've been down there a couple times, and really liked it.

Every time I hear of another quake down there, I keep thinking what a terror it would be, being in the tunnel going out to Milford sound and have one hit. I know its quite a ways from you, and they may not be feeling your quakes, but you still couldn't get me in that tunnel again. Good luck and hang in there.

Don
Old 01-02-2012, 12:22 AM
grimmy55

Cheers mate I,m an ex fireman 25 yrs as professional firefighter retired 14yrs at 54 I was then and it was my shift that got the big one boy in many ways I was pleased not to be there but in other ways I pity what a lot of the newer guys had to put up with , because how do you train for something like this ,I know I,ve attended most accident and fire scenarios and believe me I could tell some yarns some not so pretty but hey that was part of the job ,,but how do you get used to something like this thats sprung upon you ,how do you blame this on Global warming or what ever you care to name it ,its still someones life on the line and you always loose, some its only material assets others its almost their sanity that theyve lost ,they just stand there utterly rung out mentally and phsyically and they never ever fully recover ,,take a look around you at some of the forest fire victims in Aussie and Calefornia etc etc anyway enough of my ranting and lets get on with life and help others where we can
Old 01-02-2012, 07:23 AM
MetallicaJunkie

there are weather patterns..... they happen in cycles

yes i have noticed the weather this year has been a little more strange than it has in the past.....we had almost 7 weeks staright of wet or blown out weekends.... the last day of the year was beautiful for flying

Old 01-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Pilotsmoe

We had a pretty warm 2011. Only 4" of snow, and 10 days over 100
Old 01-03-2012, 08:33 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Campgems

Minnflyer the climate is not changing, It's just that the ground is moving to another climate. How bout that. [img][/img]

Don
Good, I hope Minnesota winds up where southern California is now
Old 01-03-2012, 08:36 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
Last two years we had lots of snow here in Sweden, especially last year (2010) when the first snowfall started early, on one of the last days of november. But the record was when it came 35cm snow a week before Christmas! Had difficuilties just getting my car out on the main street on that day when snow had fallen all night!

This december however has been the warmest ever here in Sweden since the measuring started in the middle of the 18th century and we have had no snow here in the stockholm area. +11 degrees Celius on one of the days after Christmas is a record.

But the storms are piling up! We have had several storms this last month and the next storm is expected in a couple of days! This is very unusual as we don't usually get storms with hurricane force this time of year.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:12 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

8* this morning!  But this week we are expecting to be in the 40's by Friday.   I blame Al Gore, if he didn't use so much energy for his house, the weather would be normal.  
Old 01-03-2012, 10:05 AM
kiwibob72

ORIGINAL: grimmy55

Hey Can we come and live with you people its going from bad to worser here earthquakes all night shakin all over first one 1.30 am 5.4 cracked all my terrace god knows what its like up in the roof but my planes are all O>K must give hobby king a hammering later this week hope the visa can stand a shock went to order a plane from tower and the frieght was more than the plane 99 for the plane 109 for frieght Stuff them I take my money else where ,,,,,,,,anyway hope you all had a great new year and are looking forward to it being better year than the last ,,,
Yep, out in Parklands, I have felt two between when I got up and the time it took to finish making my breakfast this morning (first day back at work today .... grrrrrr) ...... the Dec 6.0 lost me my .61 powered trainer plane (book shelf landed on it), and two tv's (which had been solid as a rock ever since the first 7.1 quake back in September 2010 - FYI for those who don't live down here, we have had over 9000 tremors since then).
Luck for me, the trainer 'softened' the bookshelf, as my trainer was sitting on top of my new Hangar 9 P51 box - no damage to that thank god!

Felt like flying a few days since the Xmas holidays started, but the thought of loosing my nitro heli as I couldn't keep my hands in control if a good one hit didn't enthrall me with confidence.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 AM
Claire.Alley

Over here in the UK it has also been unseasonably mild! We have had stronger winds over the last month or so, but i have been lucky in that my pre-organised flying days have been ok.....!
Last years winter had snow on the ground for 6-10 weeks for most of the UK, so I think I have chosen a good one to start, when we haven't even had a proper frost yet! [8D]

Old 01-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Gray Beard

I just saw on the news that this has been the warmest winter in history so I guess that answers my question. It isn't just here in Vegas. I have no problems with warm at all. It's the reason I moved here, the old body feels so much better when it's hot and dry. I just noticed it though because this time of year it's usually really cold and windy. I have only worn a heavy jacket once this winter. My wife and I have only worn our over coats once. Out where she works it was in the 20s several times but nothing at all like past years.
I just found it a bit odd and no one has been posting about being snowed in or out of power for days like last year.
No complaint, I'm going flying in a little while.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:36 AM
kenh3497

We only have to hold out until December 21st or so. The world will be coming to an end..... Again

Ken
Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 AM
VKGT

I'm sure going to miss this weather here in Las Vegas when I move to North Carolina! Heck, I used to live in the UK when I was learning how to fly helicopters. I dare say that it made me a better heli pilot learning to fly in all that wind..lol
Old 01-06-2012, 08:08 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Going to be near 50* today. But, so far, no records have been broken, so it isn't the warmest winter here, yet.  8* on Monday, 50* on Friday, crazy!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Gray Beard

It was so warm at the field today I had to move my chair into the shade of the truck. It was wonderful. It could stay like this until the end of the world and I would be happy!!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Pilotsmoe

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

Heck, GB.. thank your lucky stars. We, here on the east coast, have had a pretty mild season so far. Compared to last year, when we battled snow drifts for two months, we thank the powers up in the sky that we are in a mild winter... so far.

CGr.
Snow drifts for to months, what state are you in?[:-] That darn earthquake must of shook you up a little, lol