Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

rc18b2 are you all liking the belts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc18b2 are you all liking the belts?

I am trying to get back intot he mini scene and was wondering how you all like the belt drive system in the new rc18xx2's? I never would have thought that belts would come back. Are they reliable? Tough? Holding up to BL power? Talk to me. Sitting next to me is a 1988 Optima mid special pro with a belt drive that is in good working order after all these years. Hoping these will prove the same. What issues are you finding?

Kevin
Old 01-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: rc18b2 are you all liking the belts?

If you don't mind going WELL above and beyond the call of duty to solve the out of the box issues (of which the belts are just one), then it can become a great car. Out of the box it is shoddy design, plain and simple. There are tons of documented things you have to do to it. If you dont't mind, more power to ya, I sold mine in disgust back to the shop where I bought it for 1/3rd the price and bought an Xray M18T pro, which is absolutely epic.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:47 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought one thinking it would be great too, then once i started hearing horror stories, and after talking to the company that seems to not care, i brought it back in the box.

i can deal with bugs, but whats the point if nothing is right from the start?
Old 01-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys. Kind of what I was wondering. I have 2 of the older ones (the first run of B's and an older T) and love them. They are tough as nails. I thought maybe the belts were an improvement. Guessed wrong... I also have a Xray M18T pro. It was ran twice then the track closed. Never took it outside. It looks too pretty. Anyone need one? I would rather use the rc18XX for bashing which is all I do anymore and the M18T is too much truck for bacsing IMO.

Kevin