Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Red Rocket Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Thunderbird93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Rocket Hobbies

Anyone ever deal with a place called Red Rocket Hobbies. I need a part and they have the lowest price I can find. Just wondering how they were about shipping quickness and all. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:43 PM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Red Rocket Hobbies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75JYJUSpp4g
Old 07-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Thunderbird93

Cute, but if I wanted to watch South Park I'd turn on my TV...lol
Old 07-15-2008, 12:23 PM
tire smoke

Yeah I ordered some plane parts from them a while back before I was really into this hobby, the shipping was good and, I had no complaints.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:05 PM
sloppyG

I would never order anything from them because their name is umm, well have you ever watched south park?
Old 07-15-2008, 07:42 PM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

I would never order anything from them because their name is umm, well have you ever watched south park?

hahah, yes!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:27 AM
Thunderbird93

LOL....UGH
Old 01-03-2012, 03:37 PM
SalemRich
Banned

Personally, based on my experiences with Red Rocket Hobbies and their owner Matt, I would never buy anything from them again. Their customer service is, in my opinion, actually customer NO service. I also believe their business practices are deceptive.

Red Rocket Hobbies offer "Reward Points" as an inducement to obtain business. Prior to Christmas buying I requested information on how many of Reward Points I had and how to retrieve them. Even with repeated requests, over a several day period, I was never told how many would qualify for an order I intended to place prior. All of the responses told me how to obtain that information, but then, just as today, their on online system was either down or inaccessible due to them not having the proper Internet Explorer certification. After repeated attempts, I went ahead and (against the warning given by Microsoft) and got the information on the number of qualifying points that were available to me and how to apply them to my order which I made on January 2, 2012.

However, the following day Matt who Identified himself as the owner of the company called to say he was holding up the order until he could get a suitable explanation as to why I had, in my frustration, threatened to not do business with them unless the information was forthcoming. Evidently my explanation was not satisfactory because he cancelled the order and kept the $10 worth of Reward Points to which I am entitled.

While I don't want to purchase from them in the future, I do want the $10 that previous purchases earned and which are guaranteed on their web site as an inducement to order product from them. One other thing. On a previous order for an RTF heli the TX was DOA. When I asked customer NO service at Red Rocket Hobbies if I should send everything or just the TX back I was told to contact Horizon Hobbies. NOT GOOD!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:00 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt shop someplace where its named after a part of a dog.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:22 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Red rocket Sparky, red rocket! Come one Sparky! Red rocket!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Thunderbird93

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

i wouldnt shop someplace where its named after a part of a dog.
Sick...Funny, but sick...
Old 01-04-2012, 11:47 AM
redrockethobbies

We regret that we were not able to meet the needs of SalemRich

This customer cancelled his own order after sending 4 separate emails that contained personal and insulting attacks. The emails were in reply to our company simply trying to figure out why he could not access his rewards points. After calling the customer he became hostile on the phone and hung up after we tried to help him. He actually cancelled his own order and told us he did not want to shop with us anymore. We fully understand that customers have the freedom to shop where they please and where the expectations they have are met. However, personal attacks and posting false information in newsgroups is not going to help anyone.

Since that order cancellation SalemRich has continued to send us harassing emails and personal attacks on staff via our customer service system, which is disappointing.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:42 PM
SalemRich
Banned

This is a total and complete fabrication of what actually happened. The long and short of it is that after repeated attempts to get a Rewards Count from RRH customer service that would be applied to my order, in frustration I did write I wouldn't do business with them in the future if that info was not forthcoming.

It was Matt (the owner), after finally accepting my order and crediting it with the $10 worth of reward points who called to say he was not accept it after all. The reader can draw their own conclusion as to the reason Red Rocket Hobbies refused to ship the heli after accepting the order and charging my credit card. My take is that the $10 meant more to them than fulfilling an offer to credit me with the Reward Points I had earned on previous orders.

Incidentally, on the previous order the TX was DOA and their response was for me to contact Horizon Hobby which should have been enough reason for me to make the most current order elsewhere. Oh Well - Live and learn.

I have made a report to the BBB about this matter and sent a copy of it to RRH. Perhaps this is what is meant by me harassing them. Incidentally, as to that harassing charge, just try to sign on to Red Rocket Hobbies' web site and see for your self how impossible this is. Their web site has been down for the past two days. Wow - what a way to run a business.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:03 PM
redrockethobbies

Once again we regret that we could not meet the expectations that SalemRich had in his mind when he placed his order.

The root cause of this incident is a refusal of help from our staff and the fact that he became hostile both in email and on the phone when we tried to help him. We did everything we could to keep his business, and when we called to attempt to patch things up we were instructed to cancel the order and he would take his business elsewhere. After that statement he hung up on us while we were still attempting to help him. If a customer refuses help from a place where they do business we feel good in knowing that nothing more could have been done. After he instructed us he would no longer order from us (both in email and on the phone) he continues to send harassing emails (that contain personal attacks) to our customer service support center.

We have also noted that SalemRich is now on a smear campaign attempting to tarnish our online reputation. The comments being left are false statements. We could post copies of the emails we received from him but will remain professional in this matter and opt for the high road.

I suppose it is what it is. Nuff said.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:04 PM
SalemRich
Banned

As for who cancelled the order: The following is copy of the emailed odor acceptance after RRH charged my credit card. Note the $10 Rewards deduction (referred to as a gift certificate). After the order was accepted Matt called and emailed (also shown below) to inform me that the order was not being accepted after all. The reader can be the judge as to who is telling the truth. And, if the owner of a company can't be trusted, who can blame me for saying I won't do business with them in the future. Would you?

Order Details:

Code

Item

Qty

Price

Grand Total

EFLH1250

E-Flite Blade CX 2 RTF Elec Coaxial Heli

$179.99

$179.99

Subtotal:

$179.99

Tax:

$0.00

Shipping Cost:

$0.00

Gift Certificate:

-$10.00

Grand Total:

$169.99

Hi Richard,

You will need to call our office and speak with me directly before your order will be released. I can be reached at the number provided below at the bottom of this email.

Thanks,

Matt
Red Rocket Hobbies

www.redrockethobbies.com
1-541-205-6610

Old 01-04-2012, 01:07 PM
redrockethobbies

"Incidentally, on the previous order the TX was DOA and their response was for me to contact Horizon Hobby which should have been enough reason for me to make the most current order elsewhere. Oh Well - Live and learn."

Just a quick note on this, we take care of all of our customers the best we can. All of the manufacturers we currently deal with expect dealers to send customers to their warranty support. Also about 90% of our customers tech issues can quickly be resolved via the phone by trained manufacturer technicians and this saves our customers time waiting for a replacement product to be shipped out. No warranty issue is exactly the same and we accommodate our customers the best we can within the directives of the manufacturers.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:21 PM
SalemRich
Banned

The real regret should be that the owner of RRH's Matt Gross) is taking his time and effort to justify poor customer service and the fact that after accepting an order and charging my credit card, in an effort to save $10, he refused to ship because he evidently felt his customer service dept. had been unfairly criticized. It was also, no doubt convenient for him to keep the $10 worth of reward points after I said I would no longer do business with RRD. Hummm.... business must be very bad if 10 bucks means that much to him.

Here's a suggestion: Rather than taking all this time with the back and forth, why not focus on the fact that your web site has been down for the past two days and after you finally get that fixed how about getting the proper Microsoft Internet Explorer certificate to make it possible for your customers to obtain Reward Point information on theirown. That waythey won't have to contact your customer NO sevricedept.which may tend to hurt your feelings when you don't believe they are getting the proper respect.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: SalemRich

Personally, based on my experiences with Red Rocket Hobbies and their owner Matt , I would never buy anything from them again. Their customer service is, in my opinion, actually customer NO service. I also believe their business practices are deceptive.

Red Rocket Hobbies offer ''Reward Points'' as an inducement to obtain business. Prior to Christmas buying I requested information on how many of Reward Points I had and how to retrieve them. Even with repeated requests, over a several day period, I was never told how many would qualify for an order I intended to place prior. All of the responses told me how to obtain that information, but then, just as today, their on online system was either down or inaccessible due to them not having the proper Internet Explorer certification. After repeated attempts, I went ahead and (against the warning given by Microsoft) and got the information on the number of qualifying points that were available to me and how to apply them to my order which I made on January 2, 2012.

However, the following day Matt who Identified himself as the owner of the company called to say he was holding up the order until he could get a suitable explanation as to why I had, in my frustration, threatened to not do business with them unless the information was forthcoming. Evidently my explanation was not satisfactory because he cancelled the order and kept the $10 worth of Reward Points to which I am entitled.

While I don't want to purchase from them in the future, I do want the $10 that previous purchases earned and which are guaranteed on their web site as an inducement to order product from them. One other thing. On a previous order for an RTF heli the TX was DOA. When I asked customer NO service at Red Rocket Hobbies if I should send everything or just the TX back I was told to contact Horizon Hobbies. NOT GOOD!

That is Horizon's policy, and in order to maintain their contract with Horizon, they are required to have you contact them for warranty concerns, even if something is DOA. That is not the fault of the hobby shop, regardless of what shop it may be.

And not everybody uses Internet Explorer. The most common internet browser now, at least among us gearheads, is Firefox. So, you may want to try manning up and stop slamming a company if you're getting annoyed over certain things that may or may not have happened.

More to the point, 99% of Horizon's "DOA" transmitters are due to a customer not knowing how to operate the equipment, so what would be so bad about spending 5 minutes on the phone with Horizon's tech support rather than publicly blasting a well known and respected retailer for something that isn't even their fault?

The way it sounds, even from your end, is that you were an unreasonable customer and you opted to take the moral low road rather than go through the proper channels. ThunderbirdJunkie doesn't blame RRH one bit for canceling your order. You'd have a reason to be upset if they canceled your order and kept your money, which in your mind they did, but it doesn't sound like they charged you for your most recent order.

ThunderbirdJunkie has had to deal with BBB letters like yours. The most recent one was passed around the shop and laughed at, by employees and regular customers alike.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:57 PM
SalemRich
Banned

Hey Junkie - your opinion is duly noted. Opinions are just like .............. Everyone has one and in your case it would appear that both of yours are pretty much the same.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM
HeliBender
Banned

Any chance you may be a bit full of yourself.What's with the Fire Fox endorsement? I read SalemRich's beef and out of curosity tried to log onto Red Rocket Hobbies. It didn't come up on either FF or IE. My take is that the Salem dude got screwed out of his reward points and red rocket cares more about keeping their employees protected from a little blow back (boo whoo) than doing business. Those people, especially theowner, needs to man up. If they can't takea little criticism they shouldtake more meds.

Truth be told I appreciate hearing about that kind of stuff having been screwed around by xheli.com. Personally I do business with Tower whenever possible. They are the best when it comes to price and customer service. For E-flite and Blade product I buy from Horizon. To me it's just plain nuts to buyBlade or Eflitefrom anyone else because if you have a problem Horizon is going to end up taking care of it anyway so why go to a secondary source. Duh!!.

IF YOUCAN FLY IT, DON'T BUY IT
Old 01-04-2012, 06:30 PM
NW Newbee
Banned

So.....Junkie are you sure you're not a shill for Red Rocket Hobbies? Hard to believe with all the negative info on the net about them that there isn't a little bit of fire with all that smoke. Actually I hada similar experience like the one you bad mouthed.Eventhough we are only a couple of hundred miles apart it took forever to get the parts I ordered from red rocket because they only ship FedEx which is a problem because if you're not home to get the packagethe horror storybegins and they won't ship any other way. I got the feeling from trying to get them to use UPS or Priority that every thing they do is based on "my way or the highway".

My other beef is also with their Rewards system. They say your orders earn a dollar for every fifty you spend, but they don't award the points for 30 days. What's up with that! In my case it took almost 2 months to get them and since I never used them (and won't) it was just a lot of BS. I think they are just trying to get you to buy from them with a gimic. That sucks. I agree with Rich. How stupid do you have to be to buy Blade or Eflite parts from anyone other than Horizon when everything comes from them anyway.

Junkie, that Fire Fox comment of yours is totally bogus. IE has the vast majority of the browser market, even you should know that.Personally, I don't think you are as big a stiff asyou appear to be, but I've been known to be wrong.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: NW Newbee

Junkie, that Fire Fox comment of yours is totally bogus. IE has the vast majority of the browser market, even you should know that. Personally, I don't think you are as big a stiff as you appear to be, but I've been known to be wrong.
maybe in 2008 as of november 2011 according to http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp firefox is 38.1% IE is 21.2%
but lets face it every browser market study site has different stats, an a few I went to don't work in firefox so seeing they don't use standards to let you view their site their stats are probably way off

Also seeing how you made 3 new accounts just to pretend to be different people, I kinda think the RRH owner probably is right in what you are doing.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:22 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awww[] i got modded...[&o]

hint-k-9
Old 01-05-2012, 12:12 PM
redrockethobbies

ORIGINAL: NW Newbee

So.....Junkie are you sure you're not a shill for Red Rocket Hobbies? Hard to believe with all the negative info on the net about them that there isn't a little bit of fire with all that smoke. Actually I hada similar experience like the one you bad mouthed.Eventhough we are only a couple of hundred miles apart it took forever to get the parts I ordered from red rocket because they only ship FedEx which is a problem because if you're not home to get the packagethe horror storybegins and they won't ship any other way. I got the feeling from trying to get them to use UPS or Priority that every thing they do is based on "my way or the highway".

My other beef is also with their Rewards system. They say your orders earn a dollar for every fifty you spend, but they don't award the points for 30 days. What's up with that! In my case it took almost 2 months to get them and since I never used them (and won't) it was just a lot of BS. I think they are just trying to get you to buy from them with a gimic. That sucks. I agree with Rich. How stupid do you have to be to buy Blade or Eflite parts from anyone other than Horizon when everything comes from them anyway.

Junkie, that Fire Fox comment of yours is totally bogus. IE has the vast majority of the browser market, even you should know that.Personally, I don't think you are as big a stiff asyou appear to be, but I've been known to be wrong.
It's very easy to determine that these 3 users are actually all the same person. That person's real name is Dick.

NW Newbee
HeliBender
SalemRich

Dick is pretending to be 3 different people in an effort to try and make up the minds of folks who use this website for them. The statement in this post is 100% false, and this is not one of our customers, it's Dick. The statement about making an order and having a similiar experience is just a made up story that never occured.

This post is a good example of defamation and slander. There is case law on this as well.Dick should look it up and educate himself about it.

The people who use this forum can make up thier own minds, and we fully respect the rights of customers to vent or rant about what they believe is a bad experience with a company. But when you make up lies and post them you not only cross the line, you expose yourself to civil liability which is foolish.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Radiner

Busted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.