Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

need a bit of help....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

need a bit of help....

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Pyrotechnic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a bit of help....

so i bought a blade sr, limited experience with helis, but got a good deal on this so picked it up. tried flying it today and couldnt get it to stop spinning counter clockwise on the ground. went through trim and had it all the way to the right, which would make it push more air, and well played with the sticks while it was running and couldnt figure it out. any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated. and im sure its been asked before so if its in a recent thread please point me in that direction!

thanks a lot
Old 01-05-2012, 05:51 AM
olefart

Default RE: need a bit of help....

Just a guess, but check to see if the tail motor is spinning the tail blades. If the tail rotor can't compensate for the torque of the main rotor the heli will spin counter clockwise... you may need to purchase and install a new tail motor. Good luck!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Pyrotechnic

The tail rotor is spinning, jut not fast enough. Even with the trim set to the max. I'm Gunna play with it a bit tonight and see if I can figure something out.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:08 PM
olefart

my guess is you need a new tail motor. When they start wearing down you get a slow speed. They are fairly cheap... around $10 plus shipping
ORIGINAL: Pyrotechnic

The tail rotor is spinning, jut not fast enough. Even with the trim set to the max. I'm Gunna play with it a bit tonight and see if I can figure something out.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Pyrotechnic

I figured it out! Tail rotor was loose and the motor was just spinning inside it. Hovered for about 10 secs before getting to close to the wall! Stoked! Haha