Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Found a BUG in DX8

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:37 PM
petya
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a BUG in DX8

Dear Friends :

I think i found a bug .

1 - Turn on the radio .
2 - "Click the selector" to enter the "mix options"
3 - Click on ail > rud to enter the option of selecting the mix
4 - Roll to mix 1 and click to select
5 - Roll to mix 1 and click again
6 - Roll to mix 6 and back to ail>rud ... the radio resets by itself .

Sorry my poor english , i'm from Brazil .

My DX8 is up to date in version 2.04 .

Hard to thrust in a radio with Bugs ..., my JR 10X still my number 1 .
Old 01-05-2012, 08:25 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Found a BUG in DX8

Petya,

It is a known issue that will be corrected in the next update. It has been there since before version 1.00 but was only found recently.

The DX7s does NOT have this issue; it was detected and corrected before it was released (they share the same code).

Andy
Old 01-05-2012, 03:29 PM
petya
My Feedback: (13)

Good to know . Tks

Is it possible to include "snap roll" in the list of available resources ?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Franco2fly

Hey Andy,
Might want to just email me an answer, and it might be "Tough Luck"  You said I found a bug, and gave me a work around.  To refresh your memory, I have ailerons driven by 2 servo's and Flaperon selected.  Problem was that I wanted to use the L Trim button to bring em down.  I got the assignment to the L Trim   per your instructions ie Flaps to INH L Trim to Flp Trm R trun as INH

In flap system changed to L Trim

Sure enough the l trim works...  Backwards... arghhhh   pulling the L trim button back makes ailerons go up and pushing forward makes the flaps come down.  I played with reversing the ailerons, but that doesn't work and in the servo set up there's no reverse for flaps, just Aux 2 and 3....

May want to upgrade that bug report.  Does it matter which servo is plugged into which port?  I haven't played with that.

Here's my e-mail   [email protected]

Thanks

KKKKFL

Old 01-12-2012, 01:06 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Franco2fly

Hey Andy,
Might want to just email me an answer, and it might be ''Tough Luck'' You said I found a bug, and gave me a work around. To refresh your memory, I have ailerons driven by 2 servo's and Flaperon selected. Problem was that I wanted to use the L Trim button to bring em down. I got the assignment to the L Trim per your instructions ie Flaps to INH L Trim to Flp Trm R trun as INH

In flap system changed to L Trim

Sure enough the l trim works... Backwards... arghhhh pulling the L trim button back makes ailerons go up and pushing forward makes the flaps come down. I played with reversing the ailerons, but that doesn't work and in the servo set up there's no reverse for flaps, just Aux 2 and 3....

May want to upgrade that bug report. Does it matter which servo is plugged into which port? I haven't played with that.

Here's my e-mail [email protected]

Thanks

KKKKFL

Franco - I do not see any other post by you in this thread so I am guessing the Bug you reported is in another thread.

With most JR/Spektrum radios, when you select Flapperon mixing (or in this case Flapperon Wing Type, the Right Aileron servo is connected to the Aileron channel and the Left Aileron servo is connected to the Flap channel. Usually, you choose the Flapperon Wing Type because you want to use the Ailerons as Flaps and you do not have a separate set of Flaps. In the case of the DX8, the Right Aileron servo is connected to Ch2 and the Left Aileron servo is connected to Ch6. Ch2 is automatically renamed Right Aileron and Ch6 is renamed Left Aileron. If you go to the Monitor screen, you will see the list of all the channels and you can see how each channel moves when you move the Stick or Switch. If you are not planning on using the Ailerons as Flaps, and you just want to mix the Aileron channel with another channel, you would not choose the Flapperon Wing Type, but instead choose Dual Aileron Wing Type.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:37 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Franco,

Thanks for that info. I'll put it in as a bug and let them sort it out if it really is or not. They might want it to work that way. There isn't an input reversing function in the DX8.

Andy