Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Why Is 3D Hated?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Why Is 3D Hated?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:48 AM
carddfann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Is 3D Hated?

I'd say most people don't hate it, but there's probably some people who can't do it and get jealous at those who can. For me, my opinion is this. I can't do it myself, don't have the right planes, and don't care to learn. I fly more traditional sport planes, vintage planes, and scale (I'm old skool). I like to be wowed be a good 3D routine and I'm impressed. But here's the kicker. I get tired of seeing planes only hover all the time. That's the only thing some of the guys in our club do. They go out and hover then land. It gets visually old real quick and becomes boring to watch all the time, but I don't say anything to them and I leave them alone. Also, I get tired of seeing the same sort of ARF planes from one end of the pit area to the other where they are all Edges, Yaks, or Extras. I like to see some different stuff once in a while. It just visually gets old to see the same thing all the time, don't confuse that with hate. I'd like more variety to keep it interesting. We had a guy show up late last year with a giant Aeromaster with smoke and put on one heck of a show (and yes he did some hovering) that I enjoyed and I don't have skills anywhere near his.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:17 AM
brycesteenburg
My Feedback: (40)

Pick any subject, its tradition to complain about others style. Ya know, the my daddy did it and his daddy did it and by golly I'm gonna did it too!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:34 AM
TakeshiSkunk

ORIGINAL: carddfann
Also, I get tired of seeing the same sort of ARF planes from one end of the pit area to the other where they are all Edges, Yaks, or Extras. I like to see some different stuff once in a while.
If I could have any plane I would want a fully 3D capable Decathalon...but I'm afraid it just can't work
Old 01-05-2012, 10:37 AM
brycesteenburg

ORIGINAL: TakeshiSkunk

ORIGINAL: carddfann
Also, I get tired of seeing the same sort of ARF planes from one end of the pit area to the other where they are all Edges, Yaks, or Extras. I like to see some different stuff once in a while.
If I could have any plane I would want a fully 3D capable Decathalon...but I'm afraid it just can't work
Oh I don't know!!! Check out Bill Hemples stuff!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:02 AM
tomlee
My Feedback: (1)

I feel some of you are missing the point, the ill feelings come from a lact of respect for us "old timers" who have spent 30 yrs and some $500,000 in building a flying facility only to have a stranger come on to your field fly his type of 3d all over the field then tells you he will fly as he damn well pleases and the the field rules are "bogus". This kind of a pilot has caused clubs to modify their rules along with the enforcing authority in order to have those very rude and disrectful pilots fly somewhere else. Personally, I have been called a damn liar after I have attempted to explain the history of the field, and repeatdly told the rules were BS or his term was "bogus" and he was going to fly as he damned well pleased. Hate 3d. NO, it's the lack of respect being shown to us who have spent many years in building and maintaining a flying site, along with maintaing a good relationship with the property owner.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

I don't hate 3D but I have no interest in it. I recognize the skills it takes to do it but it looks like a cat tossed in the air
Old 01-05-2012, 12:16 PM
brycesteenburg

ORIGINAL: tomlee

I feel some of you are missing the point, the ill feelings come from a lact of respect for us ''old timers'' who have spent 30 yrs and some $500,000 in building a flying facility only to have a stranger come on to your field fly his type of 3d all over the field then tells you he will fly as he damn well pleases and the the field rules are ''bogus''. This kind of a pilot has caused clubs to modify their rules along with the enforcing authority in order to have those very rude and disrectful pilots fly somewhere else. Personally, I have been called a damn liar after I have attempted to explain the history of the field, and repeatdly told the rules were BS or his term was ''bogus'' and he was going to fly as he damned well pleased. Hate 3d. NO, it's the lack of respect being shown to us who have spent many years in building and maintaining a flying site, along with maintaing a good relationship with the property owner.
No disrespect but one bad apple does not spoil the whole bunch.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Flexnbeef
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Hill202

I don't hate 3D but I have no interest in it. I recognize the skills it takes to do it but it looks like a cat tossed in the air
Lets all have a mass cat tossing....
Old 01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Flexnbeef

ORIGINAL: tomlee

I feel some of you are missing the point, the ill feelings come from a lact of respect for us ''old timers'' who have spent 30 yrs and some $500,000 in building a flying facility only to have a stranger come on to your field fly his type of 3d all over the field then tells you he will fly as he damn well pleases and the the field rules are ''bogus''. This kind of a pilot has caused clubs to modify their rules along with the enforcing authority in order to have those very rude and disrectful pilots fly somewhere else. Personally, I have been called a damn liar after I have attempted to explain the history of the field, and repeatdly told the rules were BS or his term was ''bogus'' and he was going to fly as he damned well pleased. Hate 3d. NO, it's the lack of respect being shown to us who have spent many years in building and maintaining a flying site, along with maintaing a good relationship with the property owner.
I know alot of 3D guys and have yet to meet one such as the one your describing. Most of us are the first ones to lend a hand to a fellow pilot with building, maintaining and repairing his or her aircraft. sorry your experience has made you bitter toward the group as a whole. We have some old timers at our field that get a kick out of seeing us "throw our cats in the air" and then we have some that sit there stone face and will never change their attitude towards our style of expression. To each their own, defending ourselves and our flying is not intended to disrepect anyone else.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:22 PM
jchorak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beef, Bigg, come up for air. They're baiting you..........
jc
Old 01-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right On JC. Suppose it could be called ...Trolling? Sucka born every day, oh wait, I posted in this thread already, huh. LOL
Old 01-05-2012, 03:17 PM
DenverJayhawk

ORIGINAL: Hill202

I've heard this saying before and it's always funny. This guy is one of the best (pro) and the routine looks nothing like a cat in the air. Incredible precision and 3D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8Ml8zmXR7MA

Point is 3D done well is one of the most impressive things i've ever seen.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:28 PM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

Guys like Daniel, Andrew Jesky, Gernot Bruckman, et al, that combine precision and 3D, are incredible. That has it's origins in IMAC freestyle, I believe, and you can tell. Most 3D'ers aren't that good, but lots of us aspire to be!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Flexnbeef

You know me John, I don't care if anybody likes the way I fly or not. Just doing my part to stir the pot .LOL!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:31 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good times, jc, good times! Just havin' fun with some of the people that usually hang out in the AMA forum. They got tired of causing truouble there and came over here.........
Old 01-05-2012, 03:33 PM
airborne2.4

This young man is awesome
Old 01-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Flexnbeef

and they said that Fokker wouldn't 3D...
Old 01-05-2012, 03:36 PM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

Here's another guy who's 3D skills are incredible: [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZC9TdsjZhc&feature=related]McDDD/Sabre 47[/link]

Might looked like a tossed cat to some, but there are some serious plane handling talents there!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Flexnbeef

ORIGINAL: wyo69cowboy

Here's another guy who's 3D skills are incredible: [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZC9TdsjZhc&feature=related]McDDD/Sabre 47[/link]

Might looked like a tossed cat to some, but there are some serious plane handling talents there!
SWEEEEEET.....
Old 01-05-2012, 04:37 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is one of my favorites from him-[link]http://youtu.be/gCda-xLW-Pw[/link]
Old 01-05-2012, 04:55 PM
go vertical
My Feedback: (1)

I started a thred on this subject about 5 years ago the 3d flyers wanted to tar & fether me so bad they (RCU) locked and stoped all posts you 3d flyers have growen up a little
Old 01-05-2012, 05:09 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have seen a lot of back and fourth , the pros and cons of 3D . i personally don't care for that type of flying , that's just me. can i do it? sure with practice ,but that's not my gig . I fly turbines ,warbirds,trainners ect. The only thing that bothers be about 3d and the only thing is it's hard to fly together because you never where they are. some years ago the AMA safety code stated that an aircraft most maintain a pattern and forward direction in that pattern. now with the advent of 3D ,that is no longer in the code . it was changed several years ago. here's an example what happened to me in 2000 at the D.O.G.S. show at dayton. i was trying to fly my byron corsair after i took off 3 cardens came right out in front of me hovering . these things were big . if i had to guess i'd say 8' plus wingspans, closer to 10. well i was trying to fly the pattern i had to keep flying around these guys . not only that i couldn't hear my engine and was distracted because they were about 20' in front of me. i asked the CD if he would put and end to it. that lasted about 1/2 and hour. i gave up and spent 3 days visiting the museum because i didn't want to fly with them. My point is , i don't fly among them and i don't want them flying with me , it's called sharing.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Flexnbeef

ORIGINAL: go vertical

I started a thred on this subject about 5 years ago the 3d flyers wanted to tar & fether me so bad they (RCU) locked and stoped all posts you 3d flyers have growen up a little
Not me, When I grow up I want to be a CIRCLE SALLY...
Old 01-05-2012, 05:18 PM
ES CONTROL

I love to 3D. However I like A rip snortin,, snarling,, earth pounding,, 200Mph. Galloping Ghost  P51 with that gas 3cyl. 4 stroke too. 
Have you all seen the u tube clip?  I watch it over and over .  love it!!

U see, we 3 D guys our not bias.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Freddy!

I live in Tenn.,and I'm 66 yrs young. I learned to do 3D flying 5 yrs ago. I have a 40, and a48'' edge, also a 38'' juka. I fly mode 3, and plug in my head set, for old time rock & roll music and  fly,like an drunken old man, but when i land the boys all applaude, and that makes me feel good. That is the fun of it. Remember you can't fly well if your airplane and transmitter are not set up right. I went thru a few planes but it was well worth it. I only wish they had this type of flying when I was young. Keep practiceing, don't give up.It's just fun. DAVe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.