Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Old 01-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Trek1771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Hello
This happened to me when I got my E-Firestorm Flux Waterproof. The issue for me was that the car was delivered with it preprogrammed to run on Lipos and I am using NiMH batteries. The usermanual has the directions on how to use the transmitter to reprogram the car if you are using any other battery than Lipos. When it is set to Lipos, the low voltage Kick off kicks in and interferes. Your batteries may be fine, if you are not using lipos. Just reprogram the car using the manual. Worked for me!
ORIGINAL: XxINLINExX

First time posting on these forums <n00b></n00b>

Finally received my E-Firestorm yesterday ::woohoo:

Charged the battery over night (6 hours per manual). Brought it to work today since we have a huge parking lot to have some fun with it. But seem to be getting interference [&:] on a stand the truck accl/rev fine but when it's on the ground she travel's a couple feet then stops....regains signal travel another couple feet then stops....aaargh!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:21 AM
EnglishSamuraii

Whoops, sorry I meant 'Simply recharge'
Old 01-06-2012, 09:08 AM
XxINLINExX

ORIGINAL: EnglishSamuraii

This happened to me. And I discovered it happens when thelow voltagecut off kicks in. In otherwords thereisn't enough power left in the battery to be able to cope with the friction on the ground So simple recharge the batteries andit willbe fine. Irecommend investing in a decent charger. As otherwise you'll be waiting a long time for the batteries to charge.Also you may need to re program the battery settings with the esc it should be in the manual at how to do this

ORIGINAL: Trek1771

Hello
This happened to me when I got my E-Firestorm Flux Waterproof. The issue for me was that the car was delivered with it preprogrammed to run on Lipos and I am using NiMH batteries. The usermanual has the directions on how to use the transmitter to reprogram the car if you are using any other battery than Lipos. When it is set to Lipos, the low voltage Kick off kicks in and interferes. Your batteries may be fine, if you are not using lipos. Just reprogram the car using the manual. Worked for me!

First time posting on these forums <n00b></n00b>

Finally received my E-Firestorm yesterday ::woohoo:

Charged the battery over night (6 hours per manual). Brought it to work today since we have a huge parking lot to have some fun with it. But seem to be getting interference [&:] on a stand the truck accl/rev fine but when it's on the ground she travel's a couple feet then stops....regains signal travel another couple feet then stops....aaargh!
Thanks guys! I will make sure to try this during my lunch break. I dont have the actual manual with me at work, would you guys happen to know what to do off the top of your head?

Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 AM
XxINLINExX

Never mind i found the Manual online on HPI's website and got it working [8D].....can't wait to try it out!!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:22 AM
nitro-rob

Welcome inline, enjoy the storm.  Hope you hang around here.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:10 AM
XxINLINExX

Not going anywhere lol.... I just went out and bought an Onyx peak charger. I would love a better one but it's all I can afford for now . Made my fist run with it and i love it, though battery died fairly quick.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:12 AM
NoPancakemix

UUUGGGHHHHH.... When Im just wishing and looking for Storm Rollers they are all in my face but when i can actually buy one they arent any where to be found under 100 bucks.... i think im just gonna buy a new one and make it my street car
Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 AM
nitro-rob

I sold one for 100 last week with a brushed setup and radio in it.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:19 AM
NoPancakemix

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

I sold one for 100 last week with a brushed setup and radio in it.
CRAP!!!>____< should have PM'd you first lol

Old 01-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Trek1771

Hey XxINLINExX. I am new to this Forum as well and to the RC car scene. I am glad to hear it worked. I took mine into RC Car Kings, here in Minnesota (Great Store!), and they were able to tell me why it was doing it. One of the employees there was familiar with the HPI product. Strange though that the E-Firestorm RTR is delivered with a NiMH Battery and the car is preset to run on Lipos. -

Not going anywhere lol.... I just went out and bought an Onyx peak charger. I would love a better one but it's all I can afford for now . Made my fist run with it and i love it, though battery died fairly quick.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:41 PM
XxINLINExX

ORIGINAL: Trek1771

Hey XxINLINExX. I am new to this Forum as well and to the RC car scene. I am glad to hear it worked. I took mine into RC Car Kings, here in Minnesota (Great Store!), and they were able to tell me why it was doing it. One of the employees there was familiar with the HPI product. Strange though that the E-Firestorm RTR is delivered with a NiMH Battery and the car is preset to run on Lipos. -

Alright two n00bs!! lol

Yea it doesnt make sense that they do that but I guess the majority of their customers purchase a LiPo batt seperate from the RTR kit in order to achieve that 50+mph rating on the box.

Kind of like a Bait and Switch deal. They they say it can do 50+ but they just include a decent batt just so you get the truck running.

But glad to hear your LHS helped you out, I have two stores near me that are very decent in pricing but they seem clueless as far as having vast knowledge (at least the employees i talked to). Luckily the nice folk here at RCuniverse directed me into the right direction

Old 01-06-2012, 01:09 PM
EnglishSamuraii

No worries Inline. I only got mine around a week ago, im really happy with it at the minute, Im sure you'll love it Although investing in new batteries is a must
Old 01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
XxINLINExX

ORIGINAL: EnglishSamuraii

No worries Inline. I only got mine around a week ago, im really happy with it at the minute, Im sure you'll love it Although investing in new batteries is a must
I can see that already lol I havent owned one in about 12 years so this is like starting a new for me.

Any Recommendations on a battery with a longer Runtime?

Old 01-06-2012, 03:10 PM
nitro-rob

A 5000 mAh lipo will give you 20-30 minute run times and make the truck a rocket.  The range is wide, Turnigy, Zippy and GensAce are affordable.  Thunderpower is a good brand and their stuff is top knotch.  It depends on what you want to spend.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:18 PM
EnglishSamuraii

Zippy and turnigy I've heard are good value for money, but for the Zippy's you will need to solder on yourself the relevant wire for your esc, I am unsure of this on the turnigy batteries. But in the Usa it seems the rc 'stuff' is a lot cheaper and better value for money than over here in the UK, so I don't know any other batteries to recommend for you guys in the Us.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Trek1771

My brother has a maxamps lipo he really likes and it provides about 45 minuets of run time.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:42 PM
nitro-rob

I had a problem with a pair of turnigy packs and now I use thunderpower G6 batteries and I also have a G4.    They cost more but I wouldn't want any others.  $75 CAD shipped for a 2s 5400 mah 35C hard pack battery.  I think the 3s is about 30 more.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:05 PM
XxINLINExX

I'll def look into those battery options when i can.

Right now i have to purchase a new rim, wheel, front end ball set..... she got run over on her third voyage
Old 01-08-2012, 06:36 PM
nitro-rob

Hit by what?  If the damage is good its customary to post a photo.....

I finally got my hitec X4 charger running.  I made a power supply from a computer ATX power supply and it works really well.  The charger is just four B6 chargers in one fancy case with high quality connectors.  They are identical in look, feel and operation to my chinese single charger versions.  I assume this is a common set of guts that Hitec has lisenced from someone and that it was cloned and that hitec didn't clone someone else.   I assume these guts are in more than one legitimate charger.  

It warmed and dried up and there is good driving weather again.  I have mothballed the storm for now and am driving my flux HP.  Its weight makes it easier to control than 1/10 vehicles on the cold asphalt   I finally got rims to mount my 2.8 inch road rage (summer only for those although I will likely run 2.2 road rage and save the 2.8s for the savage XS).  Photos to come.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:35 AM
XxINLINExX

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Hit by what? If the damage is good its customary to post a photo.....
I finally got my hitec X4 charger running. I made a power supply from a computer ATX power supply and it works really well. The charger is just four B6 chargers in one fancy case with high quality connectors. They are identical in look, feel and operation to my chinese single charger versions. I assume this is a common set of guts that Hitec has lisenced from someone and that it was cloned and that hitec didn't clone someone else. I assume these guts are in more than one legitimate charger.
It warmed and dried up and there is good driving weather again. I have mothballed the storm for now and am driving my flux HP. Its weight makes it easier to control than 1/10 vehicles on the cold asphalt I finally got rims to mount my 2.8 inch road rage (summer only for those although I will likely run 2.2 road rage and save the 2.8s for the savage XS). Photos to come.
I 'll get a photo up tonight soon as i get home. it was run over by a Mini Van ....Edge of the rim was smashed, tire was slashed and the ball joint arm has a slight bend in it making it lean over to the right when trying to drive straight. From now on im not taking it out unless i go to a park with a wide open area and no cars LOL

Rob, how'd you end up making your power supply? Something happened to the one it came with?

Old 01-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Jbare

I need your guys help! I own a firestorm & have done many hop ups to it.
I would like to know if anyone knows how to make the firestorm look like a class 1 buggy, sort of like the HPI Apache. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:32 PM
nitro-rob

Welcome, JBare, I have no idea, what you are asking isn't a very common topic.

The charger didn't come with a power supply, its just the controller unit.  Its easy to do, just cut every wire out except for the yellow (+12V), black (ground) and green (on/off).  Bunch the green in with the ground and put all those wires into one connector and bunch the yellow together and thats about it.  I used bullet connectors since thats what my charger has.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 PM
mercerbeef

ORIGINAL: Jbare

I need your guys help! I own a firestorm & have done many hop ups to it.
I would like to know if anyone knows how to make the firestorm look like a class 1 buggy, sort of like the HPI Apache. Thanks for your help!
Your best bet would be to find out if the Losi version of that buggy's body and cage will fit on your storm. you may need a blitz chassis.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodID=LOSB0107
Old 01-11-2012, 05:20 AM
nitro-rob

I would doubt that body would fit, I had one of those and they are quite narrow compared to SC trucks or stadium trucks.  Its going to be difficult to match up a body that will work.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Trek1771

Good Morning
If you are talking about the LOSI XXX-SCB, it is very narrow. My son has one and it would not come close to fitting the Firestorm or the Blitz. The speed controler, battery, and steering servo are all in a line with the reciever tucked in a very narrow channel on the side of the chassis. That is one of the reasons the XXX-SCB is so long. Good luck with that. Keep us informed if you can make it work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.