Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Need Help Deciding!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:19 PM
banditsv2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Deciding!

I have a few hours of experience flying my friends helis and looking to get my own im either looking at the blade CX2 or the Blade 120 SR mainly because all parts are available locally at my Hobbytown any input or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. Oh nad trying to stay under $200 as well if at all possible

Thanks In Advance
Old 01-08-2012, 08:23 AM
ACE_

Default RE: Need Help Deciding!

Though I have never had a Blade 120 SR, that would be what I'd recommend for you because I have had a CX2.
The CX2 is not too bad of a choose other than "when" you crash it and beak the fuselage you have nothing but an expensive repair.
On top of that, the 120 SR will be a truer flying experience for you than the Coaxial CX2.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 AM
ACE_

110802377735, on ebay. 6hrs left, definitely under $200, and being a beginner, buy cheap because you will crash it.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:45 AM
guitpic

I am a beginner, less than 3 months in the hobby. Also, I have both the CX2 and 120 Sr. Which you choose depends on your confidence level. If I had to choose one, I'd probably choose the CX2 for two reasons. (1) Easier to learn to fly indoors and out. (2) I've already crashed my CX2 and am in the process of repairing it. The cool thing about the CX2 is that there are tons of hop ups for it at Boomtown hobby and for me, half the run is tearing it apart and putting it back together.

On a separate note. Both the CX2 and 120 SR's are really inside planes due to the slow rotor head and lack of control in the wind.

Additionally, if you do buy the 120 SR, order a 2nd battery and ton of these sets.

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdID=BLH3115

I lose a rotor head linkage every time I hit the ground hard. Went through the 4 pack that came with the heli the first day.

Good luck on your choice.

Wish a person could find a CX2 BNF.