Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Gas RC was a mistake !!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Gas RC was a mistake !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 AM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas RC was a mistake !!!!

The rudder is big medicine. Use as needed or required. Never just let it be an unused part of the plane. Anyone that tries to teach without using the rudder is incompetent! I spent considerable time in a Cessna 152 doing fast taxi on a 5000' runway with the nose wheel up and still on the mains. You learn real quick what the rudder can do.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:41 AM
DanMN

Yearning, just looked at your posts, and the last one in the 3D debacle thread. If you don't like clubs, don't join one. Be a park flyer. That is fine. You will hear different advice from all people. Most people that I know from clubs are great people. They volunteer their time to help people. Including myself.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:29 AM
YearningtoFly

ORIGINAL: Valkguy2001

I think I know who you, you refused to use a buddybox. You had no control of the model, I saw you try to qualify 3 times in order to qualify for a solo certoficate, each time you did not qualify, amd Isaw you crash twice. For the record, it is not an instructor issue, but that of the pilot.

not me never flown at a club
Old 01-08-2012, 10:33 AM
YearningtoFly

ORIGINAL: DanMN

Yearning, just looked at your posts, and the last one in the 3D debacle thread. If you don't like clubs, don't join one. Be a park flyer. That is fine. You will hear different advice from all people. Most people that I know from clubs are great people. They volunteer their time to help people. Including myself.

where i want to get ......the only suitable flying space, all three here on public domain by the way, and you cant fly without being in the club
Old 01-08-2012, 10:38 AM
YearningtoFly

ORIGINAL: DougB1

WOW what a negative person you are YearningtoFly. A lot of good people on here has given you a lot of good advise and you still don't understand do you. Maybe you should take up needle point. [sm=cry_smile.gif]

join a club is the advice

is there other advice ?
Old 01-08-2012, 10:43 AM
THERCAV8R
My Feedback: (283)

I have been flying for 40 years and over that time I have taught many to fly. I have never mentioned money. I was taught to fly and I pass on the favor. That is just the way it is!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:59 AM
llindsey1965
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry you have a instructor who doesnt know how important the rudder is learn to use the rudder as you grow in experience you will appreciate how important the rudder is and now to the gas or glow you must decide for yourself but as for me i chose gasoline 50cc and up hope you have all the wonderful experiences this hobby offers godspeed
Old 01-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Spraytec
My Feedback: (18)

Give it a chance. Been down both roads. Won't trade my gassers for electrics.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:37 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: YearningtoFly

I think I know who you, you refused to use a buddybox. You had no control of the model, I saw you try to qualify 3 times in order to qualify for a solo certoficate, each time you did not qualify, amd Isaw you crash twice. For the record, it is not an instructor issue, but that of the pilot.

I thought it was wrong when my Wisconsin club instituted a 1 year probation period. After reading your posts I realize why they did it.
Some people are much better off as LONNERS. Good Luck to U anyway, and I really mean that.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:00 PM
tonyob

I learned to fly with the help of an old timer at our club. He never taught me how to use the rudder in the air, but I still learned a lot from him. I also trained under several other guys at the club and from each of them I picked up some good stuff. Interestingly, some of the advice directly contradicted the advice given by other guys at the club.

Don't completely write off a trainer as incompetent just because they don't teach the rudder. These guys are doing it for the love of the hobby and are doing it for free. Learn what you can from each of them and let the occasional bit of bad advice or bad interpersonal skills be like water off a duck's back.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:32 PM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

No doubt, after reading the posts, "Park is where it is at for you." Good Luck
Old 01-08-2012, 02:06 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

How close are you to Sarasota?

Patrick
Old 01-08-2012, 02:15 PM
YearningtoFly

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

I thought it was wrong when my Wisconsin club instituted a 1 year probation period. After reading your posts I realize why they did it.
Some people are much better off as LONNERS. Good Luck to U anyway, and I really mean that.

which of my posts in particular by number would not allow me to part of your club ?

this is what clubs are about ?
Old 01-08-2012, 02:23 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Wow, every story have two sides, we've reading this guy complaining about the instructor and it was all the way around.
I love to go to both clubs I belong to. Besides good place to fly without obstructions, there are your good friends to talk to, share stories and even share tools. I would not trade my clubs here in central fla for 1000 parks

Old 01-08-2012, 02:27 PM
YearningtoFly

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

Wow, every story have two sides, we've reading this guy complaining about the instructor and it was all the way around.
I love to go to both clubs I belong to. Besides good place to fly without obstructions, there are your good friends to talk to, share stories and even share tools. I would not trade my clubs here in central fla for 1000 parks

you see there is no complaint about the instructor or field and in several posts clarification by myself of that

it is about the rudder

is this the kind of spin you use on the ones you dont like in your club ?

these are men in these clubs ....a good many military no ?
Old 01-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Tampaflyer
My Feedback: (42)

starting to feel this was a troll post.. got us all good... trying to help.. reaching out to a new flyer and trying to make a positive experiance ...

but in the end .. it is th OP's choice.....

etheir way good luck...
Old 01-08-2012, 02:35 PM
YearningtoFly

ORIGINAL: Tampaflyer

starting to feel this was a troll post.. got us all good... trying to help.. reaching out to a new flyer and trying to make a positive experiance ...

etheir way good luck...

I should not have to be member of a private club to use a public facility over public lands

all three in the bay area are over public lands

maybe we need to work on that
Old 01-08-2012, 02:40 PM
suddengustofgravity

" starting to feel this was a troll post"

That was my impression from the very first post. That is why I said there are two sides to every story and we didn't have the instructors side of it. But, a lot of people were sure quick to "dog" the instructor.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:45 PM
YearningtoFly

there is no other side of it as it was not presented in criticism and as evidenced by the manywho share the same experienceof rudder-less instruction and rudderless flight overall it is not made up or far fetched
Old 01-08-2012, 02:51 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Hey Yearningtofly, not everything is lost. You still can belong to a club whether it is in public or private property.
All you have to do is follow the rules, stay on the box until the instructor certifies you.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:05 PM
YearningtoFly

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

Hey Yearningtofly, not everything is lost. You still can belong to a club whether it is in public or private property.
All you have to do is follow the rules, stay on the box until the instructor certifies you.
my point is if i meetcertification and posses the requiste ama insurance

why should i have to be a member of a private club to fly over public lands and facility
Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tampaflyer

etheir way good luck...

I should not have to be member of a private club to use a public facility over public lands

all three in the bay area are over public lands

maybe weneed to work on that
if they have agreements with the local govt to use the public land in this manner you do. This is done to insure the publics safety, not to insure your rights to fly there( when you don't care to follow the rules)

watch for squirrels in the park....troll...

Casey

Old 01-08-2012, 03:22 PM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

Started out as a rudder issue and developed into an instructor issue, by OP choice or not. Then it was off to a club or no club debate and now it appears to be a land issue.

So which is it that really chaps your rear.........or is it anything at all and you're just enjoying this game of yours?
Old 01-08-2012, 03:39 PM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

LOL, kids with computers, I wish parents would monitor their kids better. Another one makes the block list.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:19 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Attitude Plane and simple ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.