Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 08:29 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RE:

Alright, who's the luck winner??

.... Please step forward, we'd like to congratulate you.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:35 PM
TooLow
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to collect kitsbut my wife would kill me if she knew I spent $420. for a box of balsa!! Good luck to whom ever won the kit in explaining it to the "boss"!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: TooLow

I like to collect kitsbut my wife would kill me if she knew I spent $420. for a box of balsa!! Good luck to whom ever won the kit in explaining it to the ''boss''!

But, but "Honey" it was a real Bud Nosen kit, they cost a little bit more! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Yep I wouldn't want to be the one to have to explain it to the little lady, I'd hand cut it before I'd
pay that for one.........

Bill D.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Bill Diedrich

ORIGINAL: Thisstrangeengine

I almost bid on that 310 early on, but knew it would go for a healthy chunk-o-change! Man I would love to have one but I'd be afraid to build such a rare kit though?

It won't be such a "Rare Kit" once we get the laser files finished, short kit should be available later in the year, stay tuned..................
I'm currently checking into the legallity of offering full kits............Gotta be careful I don't step on someones toes, as Bud Nosen sold
the rights to whomever "A A Industries" was. I know 15-20 years has passed since they stopped producing them but we don't need
a law suit, might give Bud a call and see what he would suggest.

Bill D.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Warbirdguy

Default RE:

Guys, Ive got mine back up for sale. Im just not going to get around to finishing it. No need in it just setting here collecting dust. Im sure one of you would do it justice Here is a link to the ad http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...860&electric=0

After I finish up ...several....projects, I will get another and start again. For now, just in the way and collecting dust.

WBG
Old 01-11-2012, 03:52 PM
FILE IFR

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy

Guys, Ive got mine back up for sale. Im just not going to get around to finishing it. No need in it just setting here collecting dust. Im sure one of you would do it justice Here is a link to the ad http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...860&electric=0

After I finish up ...several....projects, I will get another and start again. For now, just in the way and collecting dust.

WBG

What?!?! Just save it for the 'return' of your ambition [8D]. To find another Nosen 310 is easier said, than done.

... hang on to it and put it away somewhere safe.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Bill Diedrich

Default RE:

Hey gang we have a new member that has just joined us:

airplanemark # 53 from Nebraska

Informed me that he currently building a Bud Nosen Cessna 310

Welcome to the club "airplanemark" come on in and introduce yourself.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Thisstrangeengine

ORIGINAL: Bill Diedrich

ORIGINAL: Thisstrangeengine

I almost bid on that 310 early on, but knew it would go for a healthy chunk-o-change! Man I would love to have one but I'd be afraid to build such a rare kit though?

It won't be such a ''Rare Kit'' once we get the laser files finished, short kit should be available later in the year, stay tuned..................
I'm currently checking into the legallity of offering full kits............Gotta be careful I don't step on someones toes, as Bud Nosen sold
the rights to whomever ''A A Industries'' was. I know 15-20 years has passed since they stopped producing them but we don't need
a law suit, might give Bud a call and see what he would suggest.

Bill D.
OMG are you serious? I just bought a set of plans off of Ebay on Sunday! This is good news for me since I won't have to cut all those parts by hand...WooHoo

Old 01-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Thisstrangeengine

BTW, does the purchase of a set of plans officially qualify me to become a member of the Nosen 310 Club?

Old 01-16-2012, 07:23 AM
AmishWarlord

There's not that many parts to cut out giving the size of the plane. It was designed around .60 engines so it has lots of open space in there.

Not like it's a Don Smith design.

Fuselage formers every 2" Really?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Warbirdguy

I dont think anyone will say a thing. The "kit" and I use the term loosely, is a representaion of a real aircraft, and Cessna has the patent on it so if anyone complains and has legal issues, it will be them. The only copyright AA might have is with the actual drawn plans. I would just change the format some and you will be fine

Im not a lawyer, I only pretend to be on RCU But, from dealing with people that copied my DC3, that is what I found out. Nothing I could do but just get mad and wished I could beat the crap out of someone [:@] But in the end, its all about support and customer service. You do that part right, and the buyers will beat a path to your front door, or website

I just sold my 310, but, I will be building another towards the end of summer. Your kit looks like it just jumped to front of list

Now, here is a thought. Would you be interested in offering a limited fiberglass package for it? I could build you molds for the nacells and cowlings and even lay up the parts. PM me if you are, and we might make it happen.

WBG
Old 01-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Bill Diedrich

Now, here is a thought. Would you be interested in offering a limited fiberglass package for it? I could build you molds for the nacells and cowlings and even lay up the parts. PM me if you are, and we might make it happen.

WBG
Why re-invent the wheel, G & L Hobby in Cooksville, TN already has the glass pieces for the Nosen Cessna 310, want to make it a breeze to build, he is in the process of
getting ready to offer his glass fuselage and parts package with foam wing and tailplane cores. However I am from the old school, I like built up wings and stabalizers.

Bill D.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Warbirdguy

WBG
Why re-invent the wheel, G & L Hobby in Cooksville, TN already has the glass pieces for the Nosen Cessna 310, want to make it a breeze to build, he is in the process of
getting ready to offer his glass fuselage and parts package with foam wing and tailplane cores. However I am from the old school, I like built up wings and stabalizers.

Bill D.

I know Bill. Greg is a good friend of mine. Ive helped him on a project or two over the years and bought lots of stuff from him. Greg is one of the good old boys and comes down to our giant scale fly-in every year. But, doesnt make a difference. It was an offer between me and Amishwarlord There are lots of wheels in the world. Lots of different companies make the same parts for airplanes but might put a different twist on a part that someone else makes just to offer up a choice. Ill tell Greg he got a free plug for his 310 on this thread. Im sure he will be smiling about it lol.

WBG
Old 01-17-2012, 01:28 AM
AmishWarlord

Greg went with the 310R shape on his didn't he?

I'm old school too there Warbird. I like to build mine up.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:04 AM
Bill Diedrich

WBG

Bill D.

I know Bill. Greg is a good friend of mine. Ive helped him on a project or two over the years and bought lots of stuff from him. Greg is one of the good old boys and comes down to our giant scale fly-in every year. But, doesnt make a difference. It was an offer between me and Amishwarlord There are lots of wheels in the world. Lots of different companies make the same parts for airplanes but might put a different twist on a part that someone else makes just to offer up a choice. Ill tell Greg he got a free plug for his 310 on this thread. Im sure he will be smiling about it lol.

WBG

Sorry no offence intended, I thought that you were refering to me and my endevour to eventually offer a short kit and possibly a full kit down the road, I already have someone working with me making the files required to have this big baby laser cut. I will also be doing a file just for the fiberglass fuselage and parts that I will be using to install the retact gear in the nose of the G & L Hobbies product. BTW just in case you missed it Greg is also a member of the Nosen Cessna 310 Club, guess I need to post an up to date list of all of the members.

Warbird Guy sorry to see you send your 310 on to other pastures, hopefully when you decide to build another an updated and nice laser cut kit will be avialalble.

Bill D.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Warbirdguy

Default RE:

None take yeah, Greg did the newer version of the 310. Different tip tanks, and longer nose I believe.

I still like the built up wing. But, was thinking of a nacel skin more than anything else. That would slip over the existing framework. Preformed so it would cut down on sanding and shaping and glassing

Im still going to make cowlings for it. And I might make a set of the original shape tip tanks. Might even make a mold to do the military shaped tanks also. At least it would offer options for different models.

The person that is getting mine was thinking of putting two 60cc gas engines on it [X(] I had to explain that it weights nothing and two 20cc engines would almost be overkill. I think I got him to understand. I will be meeting him this friday at the TN/AL state line.

Im sure he will see at that time, its not capable of handling two 60cc engines

Jamie
Old 01-17-2012, 09:15 AM
AmishWarlord

LOL and here I was thinking that 23cc Super Tigre G2300's would be just right for a glassed one with retracts.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Warbirdguy

Greg flew his first one with two OS 1.08s and it was like a rocket to me. It was glassed and had retracts. He changed them to gas later. Not sure what he put in it.

Greg is a good man. Does what he says he will do. Great person to stand around and yak with. Inovative on new stuff. Probably more than I. Puts on a great show when he and his crew show up at a fly in. I hope he is reading this...I want a P38 and if I kiss his butt some more he might let me have a discount

LOL Ok, back over to paypal thread.....Im sure I ruffled a few feathers over there a few mins ago LOL

WBG
Old 01-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Thisstrangeengine

YIPPEE, my plans are on the way! I am already looking at alot of color schemes for this build and probably getting way ahead of myself but it will only motivate me to get going. I'm thinking of engine choices as well but I only have a few pairs of engines which are too small for it. If I could only find another one of these it would be a VERY COOL build for sure! Hard to find and pricey to boot...
I found this one years ago at an r/c swap meet NIB and got it for a steal. Right place at the right time.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:19 PM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE:

I saw one of those run once.......sweet!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Thisstrangeengine

I've seen them on youtube but never in person. This one is still a virgin at 26 years old.
Now I've been thinking either buy a second .91 4 stroke (Seen one fly with these) or I also have an O.S. 108 so maybe another one from Ebay would be an option.
The wheels are turning...[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 01-18-2012, 03:21 AM
handyman_alw_
My Feedback: (14)

Hey,

I have a pair of OS 1.08 for sale. they are a matched set that i had on my 310 before i changed it over to electric. they come with motor mounts plus tatone pitts style mufflers and tru turn spinners and Apc props. all for $160.00 and you pay the shipping. Just a thought. I saw someone said that he saw one fly with theese motors and was fast i and can say he was right. let me know for they are going to are swap meet at the end of the month.

Allen
Old 01-18-2012, 06:15 AM
Warbirdguy

That would have been me that said that Greg Garrison for G&L Hobby out of Cookeville flew his with the two 108's. I love the 108. Idles great, lots of top end power. Im heading toward gas engines or I would snatch them up Interested in any kind of trades?

WBG
Old 01-18-2012, 07:47 AM
DelRay

Al, that's a great deal for those 1.08's and the props and spinners also. Hmm, I do have that ugly p.o.c. still up overhead in the garage, but it might be who knows how long before I do anything with it? If no-one takes them maybe you'll still have them if'n I ever decide to take that ugly p.o.c. down and get er' flyin'. Don't hold your breath, sell em', that'll make someone's 310 happy.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:40 AM
handyman_alw_
My Feedback: (14)

Del Ray,

you better hurry up you have one foot in the grave now better not wait to long they would sound real goo and be worth more than the whole plane if you get them.

Allen[>:][:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.