Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

HK Mini-stick

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 11:01 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK Mini-stick

Anyone have the HK Mini-stick?

I like the looks of it. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ervo_ARF_.html

It is available in 2-3 versions , probably a cheap junk?
Old 12-27-2011, 01:46 AM
VirtualCowboy

Default RE: HK Mini-stick

There is a video on HK that shows a guy flying it with a Park250 motor, and it looked really good to me.  I would buy one, but building something close to it and waiting so see how it turns out.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:20 AM
guver

Welcome to RCU. Mine's on the way. I ordered the pnf. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:01 PM
VirtualCowboy

Let me know how you like it. I was thinking of getting the kit version and trying something like the C20 motor. I have built a stick plane that is similar, but heavier to test some foam wings I built. It may end up as a stick fuselage version of a Cessna. (LOL)

I really liked the sound of the Park250 motor on it in the video. Sort of like Harley Davidsons, I almost bought it for the sound,but I have too many planes and have theUltimate Bi-Plane, sort of a cheap 3D trainer coming in.

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:00 PM
guver

It arrived finally. There's not much to it. Very light , small. It's not packed very well so I have to glue a piece of wood back on. Other than that it looks good. It doesn't look worth $50 at all to me.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:28 PM
con244

If anyone orders the kit make sure you check it very carefully. Mine arrived missing all the bulkheads, fire wall and battery hatch cover. That was over two months ago and HK has still not come through with the replacement parts. I've even suggested they take them from another kit and replace the parts when their manufacturer finally comes through but no go. It was only $15 but without those parts the plane is nothing but small pieces of balsa. If anyone decides to try and build this kit from the plans on the HK site they will also be disappointed as although those plans are for a similar plane it is not the same, it is smaller and utilizes different construction methods. Quite frankly I am over this plane, so far it has been 6 weeks waiting for stock to come in and another 8 weeks waiting for HK to come good with the rest of the kit. So much for any customer relations this company thinks it gives
Con244
Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Saburo Sakai

I am indeed sorry to hear of anotherbad deal with Hobby King.You have,however, done a service to the RC community in posting your straight-forwardexperience.From all the deplorable Hobby King posts I've read, the company obviously has a typical Chinese business model: take, take, take; there is no customer only his money. It's doublysad because some of their products are appealing,and there are good people, no doubt, within the company, trying to improve it. The bad folks are taking down the good folks, as usual. I hope they make it, I hope ALL businesses make it.
Until such time the only HK I recommend anyone buy from is Heckler and Koch
God bless you and keep flyin', the ultimate expression of Liberty!