Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

How many Aftershock 8E's needed for a good bash?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

How many Aftershock 8E's needed for a good bash?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 06:02 PM
JoePit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many Aftershock 8E's needed for a good bash?

Only 1. Man does this thing take a beating. Jump after jump and just keeps on going. 2 days ago I wanted to see all the hype about this Traxxas Slash 4 so I bought one. Out of the box it's a bore compared to the Aftershock. I went ahead and installed the included pinion and it did wake her up a little, but still just not the same feel as the Aftershock. In all fairness I have a more days seat time with the Aftershock so I'm used to it.

A few of my buddies were there and asked to drive my car. They have a crap ton of Traxxas cars and trucks. After driveing the Aftershock they ALL wanted one. Slash 4 is a real clean design in comparison. Piece of cake to work on. At the end of the day I'm fortunate to have 2 real nice trucks that provide a great deal of entertainment.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:06 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: How many Aftershock 8E's needed for a good bash?

it is a sweet truck.

both my buddy and i had slash 4x4's. for the most part they are decent. the waterproof gear is nice.

But with both had constant issues with the spur stripping, the ball bearing the spur rides on blowing apart, and the center shaft's grub screw coming loose(Even with loctite)

I have a backdraft 8e now. Havent been able to "bash" it yet. but it sure is quick!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:41 PM
wildbills rc
My Feedback: (1)

I'm very confused how people drive these. Usually people get monster trucks to bash, buggies to race, street csrs for cement....where do these trucks fit in and where do you drive them?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:22 AM
ShredderGuy

ORIGINAL: wildbills rc

I'm very confused how people drive these. Usually people get monster trucks to bash, buggies to race, street csrs for cement....where do these trucks fit in and where do you drive them?
These are meant for a bit of everything. You can bash them, race them, and pretty much drive them without issue on any terrain.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:28 AM
wildbills rc
My Feedback: (1)

Good to know. thanks
Old 01-11-2012, 07:15 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: wildbills rc

Good to know. thanks
most any short course style truck is still pretty decent on a track.

and nothing stops you from putting monster truck tires on them when you want to go further off road.

1/10 scale SCT trucks are the hottest racing class right now!

and 1/8 scale SCT truck race classes are starting to pop up.