Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Walbro for DLE20

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:03 PM
p.spat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walbro for DLE20

I would like to replace original carburetor DLE to Walbro.Does anyone know what kind of Walbro use?
Pavel
Old 01-10-2012, 12:11 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: Walbro for DLE20

As far as I know, the stock one is Walboro
Old 01-10-2012, 12:37 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The stock carb looks like a Walbro and a Walbro repair kit fits it.

But the carb is a EMAS from China. It doesn't say Walbro on it anywhere and the characteristic size number is not in the venturi.

There is no reason to not consider it for practical use to be a Walbro?

The size of the venturi is close to 5/16" or 20/64" A weed whacker carb should work on it as they were mostly this size.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:59 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

email jody .... we had discussed this a while back... he knows the model # but i never wrote it down..... i thought i was having carb problems but it was a slip line in my tank....

just curious, why do you want to swap out your stock DLE carb? if you are experiencing a surge in rpm at idle , it is ignition related... i timed my dle 20 at 28 degrees and used a standard rcxcel ign and it idles like its supposed to
Old 01-10-2012, 03:39 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OKFOLKS....What are the facts? If you are to buy a New DLE 20cc engine, will you get a Ignition with the better advance curve? Or is there still a chance to get a DLE20 with the unwanted unit? Thanks Capt,n
Old 01-10-2012, 03:50 PM
MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

OK FOLKS....What are the facts? If you are to buy a New DLE 20cc engine, will you get a Ignition with the better advance curve? Or is there still a chance to get a DLE20 with the unwanted unit? Thanks Capt,n
theres a good chance if you buy one it will still have the #4 module.... or atleast until they exhaust their stock..... Jody the man with the answers doesnt work at ValleyView and doesnt post here anymore
Old 01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
captinjohn

It sure seems like Jody could at least post at least once in a while....like on a certain day about every 2 weeks at least. Some of us on here helped him refine the running of DLE engine. It is a 2 way street. Well if your out there Jody....think about checking in once in a while. Best Regards Capt,n
Old 01-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

OK FOLKS....What are the facts? If you are to buy a New DLE 20cc engine, will you get a Ignition with the better advance curve? Or is there still a chance to get a DLE20 with the unwanted unit? Thanks Capt,n
theres a good chance if you buy one it will still have the #4 module.... or atleast until they exhaust their stock..... Jody the man with the answers doesnt work at ValleyView and doesnt post here anymore

what's with the ignitions? I just bought two 20s from TBM.
Kelly
Old 01-10-2012, 06:05 PM
w8ye

There's not actually anything "wrong" with the ignition

I have a DLE 20 with a #4 ignition and it runs just fine. But if something ever did happen to the main module, I would replace it with a standard RCEXL

The #4 DLE ignition doesn't really have a advance "curve". There is a transition point from retard to advanced.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

Thanks
Old 01-10-2012, 06:28 PM
MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: Thunderbolt47

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

Kelly
the idle can jump 1000 or so, its noticable.....best bet is to get the lowest possible rpm to void it heres a video on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZl40bE3DE

it's not really a major issue, i said what the hell might as well use my spare ignition on the 20
Old 01-10-2012, 06:30 PM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Thunderbolt47

Kelly
Issue is that for some who don't/won't set their DLE20 idle to 1700-1800 rpm, instead setting it higher around 2000-2300 rpm.
THe DLE20 #4 ign module kicks in it's advance all at once around 2200-2400 rpm and it surges up several hundred rpm.

NOT an issue to the vast majority of us! Just properly tune the LS/HS needles, set the idle correctly, and go fly the daylights out your DLE20!

I have 2 of them and not a bit of difficulty from either one.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:33 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of us on here helped him refine the running of DLE engine. It is a 2 way street. Well if your out there Jody....think about checking in once in a while. Best Regards Capt,n
Lol, You're implying I'm indebted to you/someone/anyone on this site or that participated in this forum? What a joke! Don't know who you're referring about that helped me with anything regarding DLE engine development, seems to me it was the other way around.

Besides myself, there was only one person that was ever actively engaged with me in any kind of development on DLEengines,he did it for $ then gothis panties all in abunch when what I told him would happen came to fruition.

Taking video of flip starting an engine mounted to a stick in the back yard isn't what I would call engine development.

The DLE20/30 ignition timing issue has been explained in detail multiple times in their perspective threads.

Walbro carb equivalents for the DLE20/30 are WT793 for the 20, WT759 for the 30.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Old 01-10-2012, 09:58 PM
bcchi

ORIGINAL: jedijody

Some of us on here helped him refine the running of DLE engine. It is a 2 way street. Well if your out there Jody....think about checking in once in a while. Best Regards Capt,n
Lol, You're implying I'm indebted to you/someone/anyone on this site or that participated in this forum? What a joke! Don't know who you're referring about that helped me with anything regarding DLE engine development, seems to me it was the other way around.

Besides myself, there was only one person that was ever actively engaged in any kind of development on DLE engines, he did it for $ then got his panties all in a bunch when what I told him would happen came to fruition.

Taking video of flip starting an engine mounted to a stick in the back yard isn't what I would call engine development.

The DLE20/30 ignition timing issue has been explained in detail multiple times in their perspective threads.

Walbro carb equivalents for the DLE20/30 are WT793 for the 20, WT759 for the 30.
O-Really,tell me about it.LOL
BC.
Youll never no how little I really care.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:28 AM
TimT2000

[/quote]

See,, Jodi still gives the info you wanted !! no charge.. The drama is free. too

Love it !!

cheers
Tim

Old 01-11-2012, 04:48 AM
w8ye

The WT-793 would have a 3/8" venturi and have a #24 cast into the entrance.

The WT-759 http://www.amazon.com/WT759-Walbro-C.../dp/B005TEM8PW

Old 01-11-2012, 09:26 AM
MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: w8ye

The WT-793 would have a 3/8'' venturi and have a #24 cast into the entrance.

The WT-759 http://www.amazon.com/WT759-Walbro-C.../dp/B005TEM8PW

grear price, good to know if i ever need a Wally for my DLEs
Old 01-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Cyberwolf

Besides myself, there was only one person that was ever actively engaged with me in any kind of development on DLE engines, he did it for $ then got his panties all in a bunch when what I told him would happen came to fruition.

Why do you insist on bring up old news we both know why I got upset and it was not the fact the DLE come out with there own part.
As far as doing it for the money, I don't know of anyone that works for nothing if you do send them down my way I can use a hand at times.
I see you left VV and I bet it was for more money or at lest a guarnteed income each week.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:10 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

If you're going to have a spat, please take it elsewhere.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:26 PM
ggraham500

+1
Old 01-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Michel

Hi

Isn,t clearity nice ,....................................
Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 PM
captinjohn

Besides myself, there was only one person that was ever actively engaged with me in any kind of development on DLEengines,he did it for $ then gothis panties all in abunch when what I told him would happen came to fruition.

Jody, I was first to post a video of how I disocvered mounting a DLE 30cc engine ( at a 20 degree angle) with the side carb would allow a person to run that engine without it quitting the second you tilted it. Others was making all kinds of intake runners...ect to try and solve the tilt problem. Also I was to first to have a video that showed how nice the DLE 30 started with a good piston ring. I remember you stocked the Frank Bowman rings right away. You know I think I will send the Digital RPM device back to you (it never worked anyway) and the prop hub too. I never used it. I do not want items from a person who makes fun of a test I placed on you tube. I got plenty of positive PM messages for helping with DLE30 tilt and quit problems.

I know you will say different....so I will not argue about it. Have fun with your new high and mighty position with your buddy TOM. PS you will never know how many people I referred to you and Valley View. GOOD BYE.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:06 PM
jedijody

John,

Tilting an engine mounting position did nothing to help me or the factory, it was not a new concept. It was fine if all you wanted to fly was a test stand or fly your plane without a cowl. I didn't ridicule you for your videos and for you to imply that I owed you something for that is what I took issue with. The fact is, it didn't work for the vast majority of applications. Myself, and others, were working on changing the parts of the engine that caused the problem, not put a band aid on it, we were successful in a relatively short period of time. I don't think the factory should have charged for the new back plate but I had no control over that.

FYI, to this date I've never stocked or have even purchased a single ring from Frank Bowman, nor have I ever used an engine with one of his rings, never needed to. His rings are no doubt very good and if I ever have the need I wouldn't hesitate to purchase and use them. His work with piston rings is engine development. Do what you wish the parts I sent you, I don't care, you didn't pay for them or the ignition I warrantied for you even though you didn't buy your engine from me.You can't sayI haven't taken care of my side of the street.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Therein lies the problem. Far too many seem to believe that those that develop engines and other products "owe" them help and assistance, and an expansion of their knowledge base. Worse, they believe they are "owed" those things on terms they dictate. If not delivered to them to thier taste they get panties in wad and criticise the delivery method or the messenger for any immediate fault they might perceive.

We don't and we won't. If anything, the "debt" is the other way around. Most of you learned most, if not all, you know about gas engines from people like Antique, Jody, BCCHI, Aussiesteve, Apalsson, Pe Reivers, me, and a couple of others. The new guys posting a lot of flawed advice are people that got their stuff from the same sources but never bothered to become deeply enough involved, or learn enough, to quote us accurately. Engines, oils, rings, ignitions, service procedures, plugs, etc., you got it from us.

BTW, there hasn't been a backyard prop stand test shown on this site yet that provided anything truly relevant to actual engine performance parameters. Spinning a prop at "X" RPM is not a true performance parameter, just how a fish scale static prop thrust test provides little of real use. That stuff does provide for some great comedy relief though. Those that appreciate the value of installing a real telemetry system on a flying aircraft are the few that are closer to developing accurate data when combined with static thrust tests.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.