Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

New to CEN and RCU

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:05 PM
kcim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to CEN and RCU

Hello All at RCU,
About 3 months ago Ipicked myself up a second hand Cen FunFactor MT2 with a seized engine for 50euros.After a full teardown, some wd40 and a new glow plug it started right up.
Iv replaced the oem radio gear with a cheap 2.4ghz set by saturn and iv been having endless fun with it ever since. Im not the type of guy who takes things easy so iv been driving it like its robbed. Ivswaped outthe rear dogbones witha set of thefront swing shafts, added the extra wheel bearings, steering rack bearings, built a stainless steel roll cage/body brace, added lights to the shell (gets dark early in Ireland) and just for personal taste, sprayed the allpurple alu matt black.Im addicted! i drive it at least 3-5 times a week and wake up every morning looking forward to the smell of burnt nitro. Iv had some crashes and broken a few things but am very impressed with the pounding these little trucks can take.
For 50 euros i think i got a cheap ticket into the world ofnitro rc and theres no turning back.Im sure i willbe looking for advice at some point andRCU is the place to get it so until then
wishme luck and trouble free bashing.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:16 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New to CEN and RCU

Welcome and good luck
Old 01-10-2012, 07:23 PM
buggy fanatic
My Feedback: (16)

yea,good luck with the truck.i'm fairly new to cen myself,always been diehard kyosho for years,and last year bought my first used cen gst7.7.i love it better than anything i've ever owned,now i have 2 gst's and one original genesis that i'm restoring with up dated parts.be sure to check out the for sale section,i buy and trade alot there.again,good luck and enjoy.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:28 PM
kcim

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:48 PM
kcim

picked upa few more MT2's and a NX3.0 over the past few days andwent to the park on saterday with my nephew and friend and had a bit of a bash. all was going well until i forgot to put an rclip on the radio box. i did a little jump and truck went one way, batteries went another, off she went at about 1/6th throttle with me running after her,just as i catch up the carb opens and it tears offflat out and hits a huge tree. no damage but time for a failsafe.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:53 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your RX battery went on a vacation, then the failsafe would not have helped since it needs a battery to close the the carb and set the steering, they are always a good idea tho. A throttle return spring that pulls the carb closed when there is no power on board is the trick in this situation.

Good luck with your CEN products, you will love them if you take good care of them.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:32 PM
kcim

thanks for the tip dogman, id feel like a right tool if my truck went on another run without me after buying a failsafe.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:07 PM
firestone

welcome kcim to rcu and good luck with your truck maybe in the future you will buy something bigger once you build your convidence.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:36 PM
kcim

i dont think i will firestone, i have 6 funfactor variants now and dont see the point in going to 1/8th. As for confidence, these toys dont compare with the real deal. if im ever in derry ill give u a go of a real 4x4, a 1967 triumph vitesse on a mitsi pajero chassis.