Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Boomerang! Introducing the Exige..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Boomerang! Introducing the Exige..

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 08:40 AM
ModellbauUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Boomerang! Introducing the Exige..

I wasn't being derogatory re my comment the Boomerang Jets are going the BVM route, its was intended as a compliment.

Just to clarify is the this the Tazor as I have had my eye on the model for some time now but the price was significantly less than is now being charged.

Anyone want to swap a Tornado & a Sabre for an Exige? Worth a try!!!!

I was also wondering if the Sabre/Tornado retracts will fit into the Exige. What the spec for these and what are people fitting?

Ian
Old 01-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Jamie C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deno48/Bigplumbs,

Quite comfortable thanks

Baldeagel,

I did not know that, so again it is not a fair comparison.

MBUK,

Colin would be the best person to answer those questions.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:54 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

I wasn't being derogatory re my comment the Boomerang Jets are going the BVM route, its was intended as a compliment.

Just to clarify is the this the Tazor as I have had my eye on the model for some time now but the price was significantly less than is now being charged.

I was also wondering if the Sabre/Tornado retracts will fit into the Exige. What the spec for these and what are people fitting?

Ian
Yes this is in effect the Tazor. If you read some of the earlier posts you will see the 'story'
Old 01-03-2012, 09:08 AM
ModellbauUK

Henry's comment regarding the new Tornado being fully composite was retracted very quickly and clearly he wasn't trying to deceive anyone.

This model is going to be 1/3rd of the price of the Exige and is in a different price bracket to this model.

At the end of the day you pays your money to makes your choice.

I for one would have both models in my hanger.

I think we are very fortunate with the quality and choice on offer these days not only in the Jet market but across the board in our hobby.

Ian

Old 01-03-2012, 09:28 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jamie C

Deno48/Bigplumbs,

Quite comfortable thanks
Good for you
Old 01-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

Ian
Ian

What makes you say the price has changed? I have been involved in this project since very early days and the price Colin is now quoting is very much the same as RLC!? As always there are ways of pricing things to appear cheaper, but I can assure you very little has changed on this product.

Dave
Old 01-03-2012, 04:04 PM
ModellbauUK

Point taken Dave

I was probably quoted the gel coat price originally which is more in the ball park of what I remember

I spied the model in the very early stages of development when you were still test flying the design with the Stumax EDF

Ian

Old 01-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Colin Gontier

Just got out of the paint booth after shooting some clear on one of the variations of the "red exotic sports car schemes" for a customer model, and I'm all high on fumes so thought I'd post a pic. Theres something about that Rosso red that gets my pulse racing [8D]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44307.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	1713389  
Old 01-13-2012, 03:00 AM
Andrew Bailey

Wow, that red is going to look amazing. Please post more pics when you have the whole Exige painted.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:02 AM
simonmiller

Colin,

Looks really good!

Simon
Old 01-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Geoff White

I had the pleasure of getting some significant time on Andrew Bailey's Exige today at Wroughton and I have to say it flies beautifully. It still needs a few more flights to really get it dialed in but that can wait for a day when we can feel our hands(it was b*****y cold today).

The model is powered by a Jets Munt VT80 which means that its 'adequately' powered so at full throttle it was really getting a move on. The model is very well designed as despite it being a very slippery beast(shown by how long it glides with power off), once the flaps are lowered it also has excellent slow speed handling and was easy to land.

Despite being a dyed in the wool AMT Netherlands and Jetcat fan, I was also impressed with the VT80 and can see its fantastic value for money.

Andrew, the owner of the model, completed his first ever turbine flight today and was also impressed with the model but I am sure he will be along to add his comments.

There should be a few photos and a video along soon.

So in summary, well done Boomerang jets!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Andrew Bailey

It was fantastic yesterday to watch Geoff fly the Exige and start to use the ample power given by the VT80. The time came when I was running out of excuses and just had to fly it myself. I had flown the Exige just oncebeforefor all of 3 minutes as an EDF before the power cut and I had to deadstick land it. So the prospect of flying it properly and also losing my gas turbine virginity at the same time certainly raised my heart rate. Geoff reassuringly coached me the whole way through the flight as I flew a few cirrcuits normally the started to explore the slow flying characteristics (a little too slow on a couple of occasions!). A few practice approaches and then an uneventful landing.

It is early days of course but the VT80 powered Exige is clearly going to be a amazing plane to fly. It is a very slippery airframe and certainly has the potential to get small extremely quickly. Geoff demonstrated the 'adequate' power on tap by flying a slow pass on full flap and then going vertical on WOT. The Exige simply accelerated vertically and would just have carried on and on. At the same time though it was very easy to land, even in virtually zero wind conditions. Not only does it fly well but I also think that the Exige is one of the prettiest boomers around. So, I am a very happy bunny right now and looking forward to the next decent weather day to start building some stick time with it.

I have to give my thanks to several people who have helped me along the way. To Chris Leese-Wood of Red Leader Composites, Colin Gontier of Boomerang and Gaspar Espiell of Jets Munt for their fantastic customer service (and patience), Steve Haynes for his help and advice on the EDF side and, last but certainly not least, to Geoff W for being such a patientcoachand talented test pilot.

Andrew

Old 01-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Jamie C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Video of Wearypanda's Exige at Wroughton on saturday.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtpnK6bn6U&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1[/youtube]
Old 01-16-2012, 04:43 AM
SkyKnight
My Feedback: (67)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice looking plane although it appears to be a lil small. Why isn't it shown on the Boomerangjets.com web site? I'd like to see more info.

~SK
Old 01-16-2012, 05:48 AM
Colin Gontier

SK - It is on the Boomerang worldwide site but not on the US site as this model is not currently available in the US I'm afraid.

Regards

Colin
Old 01-16-2012, 08:34 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Looked a very nice flight and congratulations on your first Turbine flight.

Deno

Old 01-16-2012, 08:44 AM
speed is life

ORIGINAL: SkyKnight

Nice looking plane although it appears to be a lil small. Why isn't it shown on the Boomerangjets.com web site? I'd like to see more info.

~SK
SK,
The original Red Leader "Tazor" version actually IS available in the USA:
http://www.performance-edf.biz/tazorjetbyredleader.html

Only difference is these original "Tazor" (now "Exige" by Boomerang) have the slightly larger intakes for 110mm EDF. The model is easily adapted to turbine.
-Mike
Old 01-16-2012, 12:42 PM
jetster81

ORIGINAL: speed is life

~SK
SK,
The original Red Leader "Tazor" version actually IS available in the USA:

Only difference is these original "Tazor" (now "Exige" by Boomerang) have the slightly larger intakes for 110mm EDF. The model is easily adapted to turbine.
-Mike

Confused now, I thought that Gonflyer/boomerang Jets had bought the rights to this plane ? something not right here.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Colin has bought the rights and I understand made the decision not to supply the USA at this time.
The production in England does not allow for large production volumes.

Dave Wilshere
Old 01-16-2012, 06:02 PM
speed is life

ORIGINAL: jetster81

~SK
SK,
The original Red Leader ''Tazor'' version actually IS available in the USA:

Only difference is these original ''Tazor'' (now ''Exige'' by Boomerang) have the slightly larger intakes for 110mm EDF. The model is easily adapted to turbine.
-Mike

Confused now, I thought that Gonflyer/boomerang Jets had bought the rights to this plane ? something not right here.

Oh it is all above board............these are the original "Red Leader Composites" Tazor that I imported as a batch if 5 about 14 months ago direct from Chris.
Little interest here in the States for "boomers" if it doesn't say BVM on the box
Old 01-17-2012, 10:14 AM
toprudder

Little interest here in the States for ''boomers'' if it doesn't say BVM on the box
Say what????