Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OFNA Jammin CRT.5 Brushless

Old 01-13-2012, 05:46 PM
JRockZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFNA Jammin CRT.5 Brushless

ORIGINAL: raserx08

it can be re soldered if you are patient with a soldering iron. I have done it before and its not as bad as you might think.

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

The link I posted for you is the site rc-monster and the link is for the mini truggy forum which is mostly crt.5 and a ton of them are converted to brushless. I have one also and it is an awesome little truck very durable and fast.
I posted earlier that i was able to re-solder my ESC and i been posting pics today after running it and getting itmuddied upand yes ive checked out the rc monster forums but its a little dead over there only oneor two newerpostsand i been a memeber here for awhile so i just posted here.
Thanks Raserx can you post some pics of yours? video??
Old 01-13-2012, 06:12 PM
raserx08

I didnt even notice pages 2 and 3 when I posted sorry about that. Yeah I know the site is pretty dead, but it has a bunch of conversions and setups on there that are pretty good. Ill upload a few of mine in a few min.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 PM
JRockZ

I didnt even notice pages 2 and 3 when I posted sorry about that. Yeah I know the site is pretty dead, but it has a bunch of conversions and setups on there that are pretty good. Ill upload a few of mine in a few min.
Cool!!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:23 PM
raserx08

here are a few pics of mine its pretty simple I didnt want to wait for my mount to come in so I mocked one up from a piece of sheet metal I had in the garage and the top plate and battery mount are just a piece of clear lexan that I made up going to eventually change it but its just something I threw together to run it. the last pic is after a run on a 3s lipo It just blew the tires right off the wheels LOL.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:28 PM
JRockZ

Sweet!! are those Jato shocks?? also whats the carbon fiber piece you have on top of the servo?? did thst come with the kit?? errr wait your bodies cut for nitro too so i guess at somepint it had a nitro engine on it?
Plexi glass works good idea!! Never did run mine with the stock tires, didn't see a reason to when i had better tires already
Oh yeah that mount looks good nice job!!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:16 AM
raserx08

I have the actual mount on it right now. the shocks I have on it are extras I had from my stampede, I was going to buy Revo shocks but I had these so I figured I would try them out first and they actually work pretty good with 45 weight oil. The truck was originally nitro, and the carbon fiber is the throttle servo mount with the steering servo top plate I just cut the servo mount off of it. I do have better tires for it I just bought the wrong offset wheels so Im using the stock ones for now. I also have to wait for a new ESC because the SV2 I have on it now fried I let my daughter run it once with no body on it and she ran it through a puddle of water and the ESC got wet and smoked up. Im just going to send it in to castle for the warranty replacement for $35 but I have other bills I need to take care of first.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:53 AM
JRockZ

I hear that man i hear that!!i just got the G/F to get me some more new tires, theDuratrax evader ext2 tires are cheap and they seem to work well as long as you have foams in them. the onew i have on the rear now were originally on my evader and came stock with "No Foams"i notice its a lil tail waggy right now, i also had to takeoff the hex adapter to fit the stock evader rearwheels on and they don't space out as much.
Theres a CRT.5 onSleebay right now with some HIP blitz stadium wheels andtires on it and it looks gooooodd!! He has alotof parts he is selling with it but butits way over priced if you askme, well maybe not cause he also has a nice radio with it etc,,.
Ok gonna try and get some video later today its 60+ out today a beautiful day!! Whoo hoo!!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 PM
JRockZ

I got my new (unbent) center shafts today finally!!  Took my center diff apart, After what yakfish said about his just having a touch of grease in his i was pleasantly surprized to see mine actually did have diff fluid in it, It was kind of dirty but not to bad, I cleaned it all out and i went with some 3000 diff fluid in it, took it out for a blaze and its deffinatley spreading out the power now, before it was more like it was front wheel drive than 4wd, now things seem good.
 Also got some videos too earlier today but nothing great.
 I need to find a fix for the endoing situation as now whats happening is when i hit the brakes it endows so hard it just starts a viscious roll/cartwheel, Luckiy im using my beater body on it because it took some serious beatings today, i played with my radio some to try and prevent the esc from hitting the brakes so hard BUT with the traxxas vxl-3s the only option for brakes is full on which kinda sucks if you ask me.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:19 PM
raserx08

you could also try softening up the front shocks a bit by taking some of the preload out also to keep from flipping. but adjusting the esc brake would be better if you could.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:58 PM
JRockZ

you could also try softening up the front shocks a bit by taking some of the preload out also to keep from flipping. but adjusting the esc brake would be better if you could.
Thats the thing the front shocks are soft infact they are perfect,, got the fix though,, traxxas velineon speed controll came loose today and so did the battery which yanked the speed crontrol out of the truck, the bullet connectors got pulled out again from the escboard so the solder job i did worked but apparently not well enuff,,,, I picked up a sidewinder SCT esc today so thats going in next. Done hacking all this stuff going to just sell everything i have and a hyper TT or a SCRT, the short chassis on this just doesnt work well for me at the LHSso i'll prob ebay it next week sometime along with my evaders.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:26 PM
porterdog

ORIGINAL: JRockZ

...the short chassis on this just doesnt work well for me at the LHSso i'll prob ebay it next week sometime along with my evaders.

What do you mean- is it too twitchy, or?

Old 01-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29602
1 update is that I'm now running a medusa 3300Kv motor in there with higher gearing (to compensate for the Kv drop). A little slower speed but still very respectable on 2S.

There is my crt.5e.
Frankly, I've found it to be pretty fragile...I can't drive it at a track without breaking multiple things. I've probably gone through 6-7 front knuckles, 3 lower front a arms, 1 front upper a arm (switched to turn buckles up top after that), 2 rear a arms, 1 c hub I think. Other than that it's been great fun! Although that's probably all done in 15-20 packs....sigh.
Very fun when it's moving, but I've broken knuckles doing stuff that should not break anything. Very frustrating. Even replaced all the steering components thinking it might be binding and loosened the server saver as much as I can...no dice
Old 01-15-2012, 07:23 PM
JRockZ

ORIGINAL: Brainanator.
Very fun when it's moving, but I've broken knuckles doing stuff that should not break anything. Very frustrating. Even replaced all the steering components thinking it might be binding and loosened the server saver as much as I can...no dice
looks sweet man!!Hmmm well i ran at my LHStoday and its just a track set up in the parking lot with wood rams and its prob a place any truck could break today everything held up great for me only prob i had was my makeshift battery mount let the battery loose and ripped out my electronics. otherwise carthwheels both end over end and side over side on hard cement didnt break a thing. I have a 1/10th scale body on mine its a little bigger than the 1/12th body and maybe protects it more i dont know.

I found mine to just be top heavy and to touchy in steering and braking but since i am/was running the VXL-3s and do not have a way to adjust the brakes i pretty much just had to deal with it.
still love the truck but also after seeing the Hyper TT i now have my mind set on getting it, its wider and longer than the crt and with the bull dog body on it it just looks awesome too!!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:34 AM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: JRockZ

ORIGINAL: Brainanator.
looks sweet man!!Hmmm well i ran at my LHStoday and its just a track set up in the parking lot with wood rams and its prob a place any truck could break today everything held up great for me only prob i had was my makeshift battery mount let the battery loose and ripped out my electronics. otherwise carthwheels both end over end and side over side on hard cement didnt break a thing. I have a 1/10th scale body on mine its a little bigger than the 1/12th body and maybe protects it more i dont know.

I found mine to just be top heavy and to touchy in steering and braking but since i am/was running the VXL-3s and do not have a way to adjust the brakes i pretty much just had to deal with it.
still love the truck but also after seeing the Hyper TT i now have my mind set on getting it, its wider and longer than the crt and with the bull dog body on it it just looks awesome too!!
You could just pick up the monster chassis or have SNR Graphite make you one ? Keep the extra coin in your pocket

Setup is your issue with how twitchy the truck feels and the traxxas speedo does not help at all.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:43 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29602
1 update is that I'm now running a medusa 3300Kv motor in there with higher gearing (to compensate for the Kv drop). A little slower speed but still very respectable on 2S.

There is my crt.5e.
Frankly, I've found it to be pretty fragile...I can't drive it at a track without breaking multiple things. I've probably gone through 6-7 front knuckles, 3 lower front a arms, 1 front upper a arm (switched to turn buckles up top after that), 2 rear a arms, 1 c hub I think. Other than that it's been great fun! Although that's probably all done in 15-20 packs....sigh.
get the STRC alum knuckles
I got those and the C-hubs last thing I broke on my one was the arm, and steering bell setup (the steering's not CNC alum too) but that was after a particularly nasty crackup at full throttle. I was actually shocked I didn't break more off it than I did that hit.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:44 AM
JRockZ

I anyone intrested in My CRT.5 as a roller id like to get 135 shipped if possible, got my eyes set on a Hyper 10TT Hopefully picking one up in a couple hours so the CRT.5 will now be sold as a roller with the stock body (unpainted) and any of or all of the nitro parts that came with it originally and the original un usedchassis as well. It will come with the blue big bores on it and the original shocks as well.
I understand that you can get a new one for around the same price but mine has been gone through, tested and tried and the parts that come loose have been fixed and wont cause any problems again, i also have other extra parts to go with it IE diff gears, diff housings and case etc,,,,,
PM me if interested.
Thanks