Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

I upgraded my gyro n all my servos r freakin out!

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

I upgraded my gyro n all my servos r freakin out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Sauceynuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I upgraded my gyro n all my servos r freakin out!

I have a Belt CP (I know what you're thinking...it was my 1st CP). I did a DTS mod (love it!), upgrade the ESC to a volcano 40A, and just upgraded the gyro to a Turnigy Piezo Head Lock & Standard Gyro (TR302-AD) from hobbyking.com - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8471__Turnigy_Head_Lock_Standard_Gyro_Digital_An alog_.html

I hooked it up and turned it on and when I did (several times), one or all of my servos would lock up in one direction and they would produce a light buzzing noise like they were straining to work. I played with the gain, knowing that wouldn't work anyway, but nothing happened. Does anyone know what's going on?

Old 01-13-2012, 06:42 AM
Sauceynuts

Default RE: I upgraded my gyro n all my servos r freakin out!

Wow...don't all rush to answer at once...
Old 01-13-2012, 08:46 AM
aircrash

1. You can buy a Belt-CPX frame, the CPX antirotation bracket and the CPXcanopy mounts and convert it to a Belt-CPX, which is a factory DTS frame. If your Belt is a V2 one then the conversion is easy.

2. Do not buy gyro from Hobbyking. My experience is that they sell problematic products.
It may not be a gyro`s fault though.
Try without having plugged the tail servo.
If the problem stops then plug another (different model) servo and check again.

3. You can try a GY520. Much cheaper than the Turnigy you got and paid some shipping cost also.
I have got three of them as many report good operation.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Sauceynuts

Cool thx. I'll try that. My Belt is a V2. I didn't know that about the CPX. I did my DTS mod by hand.

I'm wondering also how compatable the gyro is with those servos. I heard (from nuttcaze) that the telebee gyro is compatable. Though not the best gyro, it isn't bad. I'm not a 3d pilot, so for my scale flight it should do the trick. I'll put the gyro I have now on my HK450TT with a Futaba 9257. I know Hobbyking carries crap stuff, but they also have some of the good stuff. I just like the price-to-quality ratio.

Thanks again
Old 01-16-2012, 08:20 AM
aircrash

You`re welcome.

I have a Belt-CP V2 and a Belt-CPX (or CPX as many like).
After I had a tail boom (main rotor) strike I started converting the V2 to CPX. But I have not finished it yet.
What I don`t know is if there is any linkage rod needed. Some say not. In any case Ihave some spare linkages of all lengths.

You can even convert the V2 head to CP X head.
If I remember right all you need is the CPX head`s center hub. And now you`ll have a head with the flybar underneath the main blades. Well, Idon`t know if there will be any improvement but in any case I got such a hub to convert it later. In any case I have one spare for the CPX Ihave.

Right now Itry to find some free time to practice on a more inexpensive platform, a 450 clone. By the time I manage to fly it then I`ll move on the CPX which I like a lot better.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Samedayservice

miracle mart doesn't have, are these the parts?

CAD4.74
CAD4.94
CAD7.62

ORIGINAL: aircrash

1. You can buy a Belt-CPX frame, the CPX antirotation bracket and the CPXcanopy mounts and convert it to a Belt-CPX, which is a factory DTS frame. If your Belt is a V2 one then the conversion is easy.

2. Do not buy gyro from Hobbyking. My experience is that they sell problematic products.
It may not be a gyro`s fault though.
Try without having plugged the tail servo.
If the problem stops then plug another (different model) servo and check again.

3. You can try a GY520. Much cheaper than the Turnigy you got and paid some shipping cost also.
I have got three of them as many report good operation.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:35 AM
Samedayservice

this one?

CAD8.44

Old 09-20-2012, 08:01 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

FWIW, the stock servos don't have enough torque or accuracy to fly the Belt CP well even if they do work. When I did my DTS mod, I went ahead and upgraded to Solar digitals. They need a shot of hot glue on the wires and board to withstand the vibration, but they are so much better than the stock Esky servos. The Solars are 17 oz in, .12 seconds transit time.
You mention the Telebee gyro. I have it (the Align rebranded one) and it does let the tail move around some with the HH gain around 75%. I'm not using an extra fast tail servo though so that could be the issue.