Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 10:12 PM
209mark123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Ah ok Ihad the truck apart last night Iwonder if Ipulled the wire loose Iwill have to check that out. Yeah truck still runs fine just no fan.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:20 AM
reut1

okay so i got my savage last night and when i just roll it around on the ground it seems like something is almost grinding/binding up in the drivetrain. each differential rolls smoothly when the truck is in the air but when i push it forward with all tires on the ground it doesnt coast as easy as my nitro rustler does or my mini-t did. is there something i gotta adjust before running it or this just the way the truck is
Old 01-20-2012, 08:59 AM
nitro-rob

It won't roll freely like a nitro, that is likely just the motor and its supposed to be that way.   Its the rotor interacting with its environment.  In nitro the power source is disconnected from the driveline through the clutch but electrics are direct drive.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:13 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

4WD with all steel gears is going to make some noise when rolling freely. plus some resistance in the motor. nothing to worry about.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:51 PM
reut1

okay well I ran the truck for like 10 min because I figured that ggrinding I heard was something to be broken in and now I got no power. the motor seems like its spinning but either the spur is stripped out or the pinion came loose. no smoke ffrom the sspur or anything so looks like I got wrenching to do already...

right now the truck rolls without resistance liked nitro does. but before it did not roll like my past electrics did. there was obviously an issue. I'll get free parts from hpi I'm sure since the truck had such a short time of driving before a
tranny breakdown
Old 01-20-2012, 05:15 PM
nitro-rob

The pinion set screw likely came loose.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:55 PM
209mark123

Had the same thing happen to me today, Iwould check the pinion gear.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:06 AM
reut1

well i got the motor out and reset the pinion. ran it for another 5 min and it came loose again. putting loctite on the grub screw this time and really going to crank down. mesh actually does look fine so its just a matter of trying to keep that damn pinion on. i just cranked down on it to the point where my allen clicked (maybe messed up the grub head) but hopefully itll stay put now.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:22 AM
nitro-rob

No loctite was the likely the issue.  No need to kill yourself tightening it.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:47 AM
209mark123

I have another question for you guys, The other day  my pinion gear came loose so I took it apart and loctie it and tighten it down. Well upon attempting to do this I stripped out the head of the set screw on the pinion. Now I can neither tighten it or loosen it. Any ways I ordered a pinion set for it with a couple of different pinions and I was reading in the book about it and it says "use corresponding motor plate for the pinion you are using" , does this mean I have to switch the whole plate for each pinion I cant make sense of it out the picture.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:19 PM
nitro-rob

I think they mean select the proper set of holes in the motor plate.  Its unusual to have precut holes versus a slot.  I think the optional motorplate is slotted.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:30 PM
arcboyz
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: alexhunter

ORIGINAL: Blitz813

So... I'm no longer impressed with the HR cups. After a few short runs, say 15 minutes, the cups on the back side of tranny sheared right in half. The stock ones didn't even do that after like 20 runs,which included some 3s action. The HR cups never even seen 3s.
My HR cup just broke in half when I put the set screw in. Tightened the screw, heard a snap, and sure enough, clean break just like your picture.

hot racing is another company like integy products arent that good support is bad
Old 01-23-2012, 06:16 AM
nitro-rob

But they bait us with their cheap prices and decent looking product and we keep going for it....
Old 01-23-2012, 06:53 AM
paba60
My Feedback: (96)

Haha....+1 Rob...

I keep going back to HPI here...They have CVDs available...at $42 a pair...

They still don't have most of the kit parts available to buy....and most all of the option parts they show on the box are not available...what the Heck !

It's too bad....It's a great size...pretty durable save a few integral pieces....They really dropped the ball here IMO.

In the end XS users are here buying up HR and Integy parts....hoping they'll hold up...

With all this said....I am still sticking with the XS....HPI will catch up eventually....I hope....
Old 01-23-2012, 08:01 PM
nitro-rob

I like the truck a lot but just for the main chassis save for the cups.  I never even ran the stock electronics and have been very happy since.
I sent them a complaint about this using pretty much your exact words a few weeks ago and got this:

hear where you’re coming from. The model has really taken off, which makes them put all their efforts into making more kits instead of parts. I work in customer service, not sales, so I side with the customers on that complaint. However, there would be no Savage XS if we didn’t make money, so they have to get those kits out. It’s all about balance, and it’s time for that balance to swing back to getting those parts in stock. I hope they do soon, because when customers complain, we’re the ones to hear it.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:03 PM
nitro-rob

Seems like they rushed this out a few months before christmas and didn't have their supply chain in order.  Then there is the ESC problem......

It is uncharacteristic of HPI to have this problem so I stick with them.  Losi and HPI are both my brands.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Rustproofcorn

Will this battery fit http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXASTZ&P=EP

Please say yes because I already ordered them. The specs looked smaller than the plasma and I called the manufacture and they said it would fit. 
Old 01-25-2012, 03:38 PM
RCJuice

ORIGINAL: Rustproofcorn

Will this battery fithttp://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXASTZ&P=EP

Please say yes because I already ordered them. The specs looked smaller than the plasma and I called the manufacture and they said it would fit.
They'll fit fine.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Rustproofcorn

ORIGINAL: Johnbalz

ORIGINAL: Rustproofcorn

Will this battery fithttp://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXASTZ&P=EP

They'll fit fine.
oh thank goodness. lol.. i looked at the specks over and over but was real nervous about it. i am worried the wires will be in the way but we will see.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Rustproofcorn

well i got to page 20 on this thread before i got worn out and decided to just ask. i just bought a xs from towerhobbies and i see many have had troubles with the esc. can anyone confirm the new batches have resolved this issue?
Old 01-26-2012, 01:04 PM
209mark123

Igot one from tower last month and so far Ihave put about 15 packs through it without any issues. Iwould just stay away from 3s
Old 01-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Rustproofcorn

ORIGINAL: 209mark123

Igot one from tower last month and so far Ihave put about 15 packs through it without any issues. Iwould just stay away from 3s
sweet. i only bought 2s for it. i dont need 60mph i just want to do some jumps and stuff. do you know if your esc is a different version than the originals?

Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM
nitro-rob

I don't think the ESC frying is a voltage issue.  There is no correlation with the ones that have blown.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:00 PM
209mark123

Im not sure if its a different version looks the same as the rest. Im not sure if 3s was the problem but I had heard a few say theirs was fine till they plugged 3s into it. I am fairly new to brushless but the xs has converted me to brushless I am thinking about buying the flux hp now that I have seen what this little guy can do. I would have to say I am pleased with it major complaint I have is that the stock tires on mine are wearing really badly and  dont really grab traction anywhere. Mostly probably cause of the power this thing has next upgrade I am gonna do is some tires.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:07 PM
VanyaV

Hey guys!
I am new to this forum. Reading it has helped me a lot and saved me a lot of time , so thank you all
My ESCfried in 5 minutes on 2s lipo.
My wife sugested we take the HPIto small claims court forselling a product that is defective in many ways. Ichose not to (maybe i should of)
I got Mamba max Pro and new servo (Servo died the second day after mamba install). All seems to be good now besides screws striping like they are made of chese (7 so far , i replace them with Trex600 screws)
i wrote a email to RPMasking them to make stuff for savage XS. RPMmakes great stuff.

Here is their response.
Dear Vanya,
Unfortunately there aren't any plans for parts for the HPI Savage Flux XS at the moment, but that can change at any time. Up until just a few weeks ago, we only had one or two requests for parts for that mini monster. Please continue to be patient with us and with a little luck, hopefully we'll have something available for you in the not too distant future.
Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.

I think we all need to write to them so they make us parts
Thanx guys!
Vanya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.