Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

stone cold first class company.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

stone cold first class company.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:06 PM
jcpenney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stone cold first class company.

first let me say I'am a 68 yr old retired manager from a nationwide department store. We always prided our selves as giving above normal service and quality of goods. But I can tell you I just had the best experiance of my hobby life. The
company I'am talking about is Multiplex of Germany not U.S.A who could not or would not help me not even a little.None,zero,zip forget not possiable etc. etc.It's so often we bash people and companies I really felt a stronger then usual need to beat the drum
and blow my horn for this company who didn't know the words no,can't,or, what you got to be kidding. So here is my story of what GREAT customer service looks like. I bought on r/c universe a glider (cularis) at a very fair price. After I received it I did notice some parts missing. Notified the seller no problem he found them and sent them to me. Moving foward I proceed to put glider together and low and behold I'am missing this small piece that hold the elevator together so you can fly it. So I call the seller and he can' find any such piece. I try to rig some thing else no go. now my internet search of three weeks starts. No luck no hobby shop in the country has parts not even their so called north american service center and distribter,which by the way is one of the big three. They said no, impossiable ,can't do anything to help etc. then Iwent online to Multiplex and found they did sell a tail assembly which had the missing part I needed, so I emailed them that I wanted to buy the tail kit even though I only needed that one small part. Two days later I get an email saying no need to waste money they will send me the part I just needed.I told them I would pay for part and shipping. So today part arrives from Germany invoiced at $oo.oo . NO story about how they had to charge for part or shipping or handling because it wasn,t under warrenty etc. etc. they even apoligized because the part was missing can you image that. In closing I guess I can only say I guess the words CAN't, WON'T, or IMPOSIABLE are not in the German language. John J Pedrick AMA162506
Old 01-23-2012, 07:35 PM
fudi50
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stone cold first class company.

Let me add my tuppenceworth [I'm English] I purchased a DG600 at the Toledo AMA show a few year ago having assembled it[its not realy building] I ecided to paint I used almost half a gallon of pimer filler, don't get excited here . on bare Obechie but by the time I sanded off alomost to the bare wood the weight was minimal I used a two part auto paint to achieve a smooth gloss finish. I was not to good at flying so had an expert fly my model off the slope Yep you guessed it he crashed it and broke the wing, Upon careful inspection I noticed the break at the inner sub trailing edge it was just a butt joint I was real dissapointed so I called Karlton Spindle who used to be Multiplex USA outlet. I havee nothing but praise for Karlton unlike others! anyhow he took the wing to Germany with him Multiplex coment was the wing broke because of the beutiful finish from excess paint [FYI my model came out at the target weight addvised by Multiplex but kudo's to them the gave Karlton a new complete set of wings Wow! Hitec the USA distributor is as useless as a stick of dynamite with no fuse,
David