Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

I Dont Have IT

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

I Dont Have IT

Old 01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
AugerDawger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Dont Have IT

ORIGINAL: DougB1

HEY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, when will this thread ever stop ? [&:] Hasn't this thread given this "PILOT" enough information for what he should decide what to do. We have been on here for a couple of weeks now and it seems like nothing has been resolved by the "PILOT" as what he is going to do. Sure looks like he has been playing us against each other and setting back enjoying the show. [:@]

Actually thread is 5 days old and the PILOT (as you use in a perjorative) has set out a specific course of action within it which he is following including building a proper fuselage jig and learning to sheet foam wings. The PILOT has also networked in the scene an hour away and is on his way tonight buy a helicopter / new tx for my property while I build my trainer.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:06 PM
AugerDawger

I would not let anyone maiden flight my aircraft until the test pilot and another respected experienced hobbyistin the club airworthinessed my airframe. (RANGE CHECK!!!!)

I would make sure the plan was to then do the maiden trim and land. Bring to hanger for another airframe, control surfaceand powerplant inspection.

I would make sure the plan was then to fly and demonstrate to me the slowest controlled airspeed, 1/4, 1/2 and full throttle, glide, stallsand stall recovery.

I would make sure the plan was single rates set at a mild scale-like throw and demonstrate.

Only then would I buddy box it.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:49 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. I haven't seen this much trolling since the last time I was on 4Chan. Good god, guys. Remind me not to post about my first crash...at least Auger isn't giving up, but geez.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:07 PM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well crap...........obviously I learned to fly the wrong way. I better get out now while the gettin' is good!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:46 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

ORIGINAL: AugerDawger

I am out...you win.
BUY, BYE,BYBY. Before you go let me congradulate ya I didn't realize the title of the rhis fourm was about YOU personally and nothing to do with flying RC. Glad U are out because U said it all with.
"I Don't Have it"

Old 01-23-2012, 05:49 PM
HoundDog

I would not let anyone maiden flight my aircraft until the test pilot and another respected experienced hobbyistin the club airworthinessed my airframe. (RANGE CHECK!!!!)

I would make sure the plan was to then do the maiden trim and land. Bring to hanger for another airframe, control surfaceand powerplant inspection.

I would make sure the plan was then to fly and demonstrate to me the slowest controlled airspeed, 1/4, 1/2 and full throttle, glide, stallsand stall recovery.

I would make sure the plan was single rates set at a mild scale-like throw and demonstrate.

WOW looks like u got it all togeather ...Why do U need any help at all looks like ya know it all ... have fun .....
Old 01-23-2012, 05:52 PM
HoundDog

Anyone who says they have never crashed in this hobby either is a great lire or does more BSing than flying ...

Old 01-23-2012, 07:06 PM
ES CONTROL

Could some one start a form called      I HAVE IT!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Nitro-Tom

I am out...you win.

ok

I have to say to build a KIT and loose it is a tough ride......[:@]

If that was the case I never would have made it in this hobby……that is for sure.

So I have a few suggestions for you:

1 - You have a sim (real flight) so you are good there

2 - Get the book, One week to solo, Dave is an AWESOME instructor, best $25 you can ever spend learning this hobby

http://www.rcflightschool.com/Manuals_Page.asp

3 - Get a replacement high wing trainer.....don't listen to these guys who say "Fly a this, or that"....you were spot on with a glow trainer.

4 - get an ARF - You will have it together in 6 hours with your building skills.....much less skin off your back when you scratch it up learning to take off and land in 15MPH wind

5 - Get an instructor that goes over the stuff "Soup to Nuts".....i.e. I know what a "Frequency Control Board" is for, but I started 6 years ago with Spektrum, and never had a FM radio......why? Because my instructor taught everything, including safety and use the buddy box!

6 – Do not give up, fly the covering off that ARF trainer……..do not advance too fast…..learn good form now while you can (i.e. the book will guide you)……

Once you burn 5 or 6 gallons of Nitro move on to a Hangar 9 Ultra Stick, good second plane…

Then buy Dave’s 2nd book, Repeat the 5 or 6 gallons with the Ultra stick

Just like shampoo, Lather, Rinse, repeat

Good luck man, hope you get it, not many guys can build a kit for a first plane, once past the intro, you will go far in this hobby! [8D]

Old 01-23-2012, 08:27 PM
BGCombs
My Feedback: (24)

[quote]ORIGINAL: Nitro-Tom

3 - Get a replacement high wing trainer.....In my opinion, you were spot on with a glow trainer.

Fixed it for ya...

Old 01-24-2012, 02:31 AM
AugerDawger

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

I am out...you win.
BUY, BYE,BYBY. Before you go let me congradulate ya I didn't realize the title of the rhis fourm was about YOU personally and nothing to do with flying RC. Glad U are out because U said it all with.
"I Don't Have it"

With the supportive PM's and assitance I have received Imay be able to get it.

Thanks you sound like a wonderful person.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:35 AM
AugerDawger

WOW looks like u got it all togeather ...Why do U need any help at all looks like ya know it all ... have fun .....
Bless your bitter littleheart internet toughguy.

I learned these from the GOOD folks in the hobby here.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:47 AM
AugerDawger

ORIGINAL: Nitro-Tom

Good luck man, hope you get it, not many guys can build a kit for a first plane, once past the intro, you will go far in this hobby! [8D]

Thanks for the good direction.

I know ARF is easier but I am drawn to the plans and sticks.

Should of finished the fuselage jig last night but bought a micro-copter and flew.

That little thing is great after I got the TX programed. Ican see being able to fly this indoors soon. No field, club, instructor, HoundDog typesrequired !!!!!!!

Ineed more batteries
Old 01-24-2012, 06:22 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

PILOT is not listening... building trainer is like polishing bullets. Who cares how shiny? Trainers are nothing but cannon fodder... save the building for something worth while. Assemble trainer ARFs ... 6hrs vs. a couple of weeks.

You have said several things that make me think you are crossing over from GA. RC is not GA.

HEY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, when will this thread ever stop ? [&:] Hasn't this thread given this ''PILOT'' enough information for what he should decide what to do. We have been on here for a couple of weeks now and it seems like nothing has been resolved by the ''PILOT'' as what he is going to do. Sure looks like he has been playing us against each other and setting back enjoying the show. [:@]
Actually thread is 5 days old and the PILOT (as you use in a perjorative) has set out a specific course of action within it which he is following including building a proper fuselage jig and learning to sheet foam wings. The PILOT has also networked in the scene an hour away and is on his way tonight buy a helicopter / new tx for my property while I build my trainer.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:29 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Anyone who says they have never crashed in this hobby either is a great lire or does more BSing than flying ...

I think the word you are searching for is liar. Lire is the currency used in Italy befor the EU Euro came into being. There is the word lyre which is a device to hold music for a musical instrument. Lyre is pronounce same as liar; lire is not the same. I think you are good with the BS part. Hope you have a speedy recovery from whatever you are going through.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:33 AM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

PILOT is not listening... building trainer is like polishing bullets. Who cares how shiny? Trainers are nothing but cannon fodder... save the building for something worth while. Assemble trainer ARFs ... 6hrs vs. a couple of weeks.

You have said several things that make me think you are crossing over from GA. RC is not GA.

HEY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, when will this thread ever stop ? [&:] Hasn't this thread given this ''PILOT'' enough information for what he should decide what to do. We have been on here for a couple of weeks now and it seems like nothing has been resolved by the ''PILOT'' as what he is going to do. Sure looks like he has been playing us against each other and setting back enjoying the show. [:@]
Give it up slick. Why do you insist on beating it to death? Are you trying to prove your RC manhood or something? It's time to crawl back under your rock now..................

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90402.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1718006  
Old 01-24-2012, 06:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Nitro-Tom

Thanks for the good direction.

I know ARF is easier but I am drawn to the plans and sticks.
There's no law saying you have to have either or. There's room in your hangar for both types, don't be afraid to buy ARFs for planes you're likely to crash.

Should of finished the fuselage jig last night but bought a micro-copter and flew.

That little thing is great after I got the TX programed. I can see being able to fly this indoors soon. No field, club, instructor, HoundDog types required !!!!!!!

I need more batteries
Which micro-copter did you get? I got a Heli-Max Axe CX Nano and all I had to do was stick four AAs in the Tx, charge the included lipo with the included charger, and throw it into the air.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:38 AM
MinnFlyer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok, this has gotten way too out of hand. I'm shutting it down