Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

The official Z-Car ZMXT-8 Z-Truggy thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

The official Z-Car ZMXT-8 Z-Truggy thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 07:07 PM
misasi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The official Z-Car ZMXT-8 Z-Truggy thread

Ya the racing pretty much died here. Even I have been out of the loop for the last month. I still have not put on those shock boots you sent me yet [&:]. You will need to hook me up with that extended chassis sometime over the winter. Oh and a body that fits the new chassis. Have you found one that fits good?
Old 09-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Terra Nova R/C

I have a couple of Extended Chassis in stock. I have a Mugen MB6T (Something like that, whatever a Mugen is) I haven't even used it.
I had the extended chassis on mine for a while, but the short chassis seemed better to me. I know everyone says the extended is better and I believe it for certain driving styles.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:12 PM
misasi

Ya I figured the shorter chassis would be better for tight turning tracks but i dunno... Has anyone converted one of these trucks to brushless?
Old 10-22-2010, 02:56 PM
myselfaffliction

I just bought a used ZMXT with a OS .28. But i'm worried about parts. Where do i go to get parts, everytime i go to Z-carusa.com it sends me to racemugen.com or something like that. So where do you guys get your parts from?
Old 10-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Terra Nova R/C

ORIGINAL: myselfaffliction

I just bought a used ZMXT with a OS .28. But i'm worried about parts. Where do i go to get parts, everytime i go to Z-carusa.com it sends me to racemugen.com or something like that. So where do you guys get your parts from?
You don't have to worry about parts. You have [link=http://www.atozrc.net/servlet/StoreFront]atozrc.net[/link] in the USA and if they don't have the parts you need, [link=http://www.terranovahobby.ca/]Terra Nova Hobby[/link] is also a SH Engines / Z-Car Dealer in Canada.

Z-CAR USA is no longer, they have switched to Mugen, but still have the "zcarusa" domain name.

I am just building my new race Truggy now. I had a ZMXT-8 which I bashed hard for a whole season, and I do mean BASHED. It looked a little beat, but still ran great. This new one I am building will last a whole season without broken parts according to how the other one held to a season of abuse.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Terra Nova R/C

ORIGINAL: misasi

Ya I figured the shorter chassis would be better for tight turning tracks but i dunno... Has anyone converted one of these trucks to brushless?
I think you said it right. The track I spend most of my time on, has a lot of hair pin turns. The shorter chassis seems to take the tight turns better.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:27 PM
myselfaffliction

Awesome thanks for that link! saved me from thinking i got hosed lol. Seems like a sick car. So is Z-car is the maker of this car correct? are they now apart of mugen? Like did mugen buy their name and they are making cars together now?
Old 10-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Terra Nova R/C

ORIGINAL: myselfaffliction

Awesome thanks for that link! saved me from thinking i got hosed lol. Seems like a sick car. So is Z-car is the maker of this car correct? are they now apart of mugen? Like did mugen buy their name and they are making cars together now?
Z-Car and Mugen or in no way related. Z-Car USA was a US distributor for Z-CAR. They now sell Mugen and go by Race Mugen. Z-Car is built by Z-Car Technologies in Taiwan which is part of SH Engines who make excellent affordable Nitro Engines.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Terra Nova R/C

I Have a Z-Truggy again. I sold my old one and wanted to build a new one. I didn't have the time until last month I said I have to get it done. I have finally finished it again and it feels great to be on the track again with my ZMXT-8. Check out my new build at [link=http://www.terranovahobby.ca/forum/8-zmxt-8/11-sh-z-car-zmxt-8-pro]Terra Nova Hobby[/link]
Old 04-12-2011, 12:08 PM
jerry9855

Z-CAR ZMXT-8 PRO wanted

I want to have a used Z-CAR ZMXT-8 PRO. Please message me the price and pic if you have one available. Thank you.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Terra Nova R/C

It sure looks like this thread has been very quiet. Just wanted to let the Z-Car owners know, there is a new webstore for parts. We have upgraded our store system and it has been working very well. Check it out [link=http://store.terranovahobby.ca/home.php]HERE[/link]

We have a great supply of parts/upgrades for the Z-Cars. We ship to Canada and the US.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:17 PM
szewang2805
Banned

I really like this trucks [link=http://www.hobbyhot.com/HOBBYWING-XERUN-Series/][/link]
Old 08-13-2013, 10:16 PM
dunnn1701

Does this thread still work? I have a 5 yr old ZMXT-8 and need parts BAD! Hope someone is still on here. If so PLEASE call me at 425-876-2805 ( in Seattle area). Thanks, John Dunn.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Terra Nova R/C

I know this is an old thread, but I would like to add something. Some people may still look at it searching for info. There are still parts available in Canada for Z-Car.

Z-Car Parts