Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

MB339 - which one?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

MB339 - which one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 06:23 AM
JPHen
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MB339 - which one?

I have an AT 280 and am looking at which MB339 I should get. Was thinking of the little CC one since I fly from grass and a little extra power wouldn't hurt. Thoughts?

Joe
Old 01-29-2012, 08:21 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MB339 - which one?

I had the FB MB 339 that was flown with a Ram 1000 (28 lbs of thrust on a good day), similar power as your 280.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:26 AM
JPHen

Dave, what were your impressions of the FB? Did you fly off grass?

Joe
Old 01-29-2012, 12:31 PM
ModellbauUK

I could do you a good deal on ModellbauUSA MB339

PM me if interested
Old 01-29-2012, 01:02 PM
JPHen

PM sent. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2012, 01:20 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JPHen

PM sent. Thanks!
There are a couple of threads here on this particular MB339 in particular you need to read about the wing fixing as one person had their plane fall apart in the air. Just a heads up

Deno
Old 01-30-2012, 03:56 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

I spent 6 months looking and deciding the same thing and ended up buying the 1/5.5 scale C&C 2m one.
I wanted a practical scale jet that I could also compete with and the C&C one was the only one that ticked all the boxes. i.e. fly off grass, strong undercarriage, land slow, scale accurate with scale cockpit available and easy to transport.
The design is clever in that the fuselage splits just behind turbine so if needed you can easily remove the complete tail section with only four screws and two servo leads, rather than other models which are not practical to split due to having the join in front of the turbine.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:40 AM
ModellbauUK

Deno (Bigplumbs) is right. The wing did come off but this was due to a construction error by the builder which has been resolved very amicably. Excellent support from Henry at ModellbauUSA

Important to get the construction right and if incorrect any model will fail in flight.

Still an excellent model for the money. I have 2 blue and one unpainted gelcoat white if anyone is interested.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

Deno (Bigplumbs) is right. The wing did come off but this was due to a construction error by the builder which has been resolved very amicably. Excellent support from Henry at ModellbauUSA

Important to get the construction right and if incorrect any model will fail in flight.

Still an excellent model for the money. I have 2 blue and one unpainted gelcoat white if anyone is interested.

What's the price... and what would it cost to ship it to the USA? (Postal/zip Code 15636)
Old 01-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Don't think it make much sense shipping them back to USA !!
We tried for ages last year to get the economically shipped here and ended up buying something else before modellbau UK came about.
Think you would be better off Tony contacting Modellbau USA/troy built models or whoever sells them in USA
Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 AM
ModellbauUK

I agree, the only way I could econimically bring them into the UK was with a shipment of Tornados & Sabres
Old 01-30-2012, 10:19 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

Regardless of what the person selling this plane says. There are several problems with it that will need to be sorted out.(These are all doable but do need work). This model is not sold/made anymore and I fear support will not be forthcomming. If I were you I would read the threads on here before you buy. On those threads you can of course get the views of the customers like me that have this model rather than those from someone that seem to want to shift items that they have bought and are perhapshaving trouble selling.

Read the threads and be informed if you are still happy then buy.

Perhaps Modelbau UK needs another special deal

Deno
Old 01-30-2012, 01:03 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe,

The Fei Bao and Skymaster MB 339s have been around for while. IMO, both models area pretty solid airframes.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:09 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

Don't think it make much sense shipping them back to USA !!
We tried for ages last year to get the economically shipped here and ended up buying something else before modellbau UK came about.
Think you would be better off Tony contacting Modellbau USA/troy built models or whoever sells them in USA
Sounds a bit like MB339 Ping Pong