Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Double Jeopardy ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:28 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Jeopardy ?

First time working with full HV digi system (Hitec)

I have a HPP-21 servo programmer and have MX22 Tx (Hitec module) with lot of the same program functions as servo programming (like servo reverse, end points, etc.)

What's preferable? Programming the servo via HPP-21 of programming the Tx?

What are the advantages/ setbacks of each one?

Thanks, V.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:23 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Double Jeopardy ?

ORIGINAL: vasek
I have a HPP-21 servo programmer and have MX22 Tx (Hitec module) with lot of the same program
functions as servo programming (like servo reverse, end points, etc.)
What are the advantages/ setbacks of each one? Thanks, V.
Programming Digital servo via the programmer is to be preferred as provides settings,
such as adjusting Deadband and other adjustmentswithout loss of latency orresponse.

Please refer to
. Using the TX requires unequal travel set points
to garner equal surface deflections; accordingly your model may exhibit a more sensitive feel in one direction
than the latter to compensate for the unequal travel arc of the servo arm(s)

. Using (TX) trims, offsets and curves skews the results
and ultimately leaves you with unequal travel volumes and speed of the surface in play.

and sub section
"Servo - Digital & Brushless Servo, Programmers and Software" e.g.
<dt>Digital Servo - Digital (aka FET) Servo & difference with Analogue Servo (PDF).
Digital Servo Instruction Videos - Programming with HFP-10
Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center & End Point - Adjust to Match TX
Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center Point May Vary - Why & Correction </dt><dt>Digital Servo - Burnout. Cause & Prevention </dt><dt>Digital Servo - Delayed or Slow Centering at Start up #01 </dt><dt>Digital Servo - High Resolution & Jitter - Why & DIY Cure #02 </dt><dt>Digital Servo - HSR (Robotic) Servo. Do Not Use for Acro or Standard Purposes. </dt><dt>Digital Servo - Stop the Jitter of High Resolution Servo at center </dt><dt>Digital Servo - "Y" together without problem / jitter
Hitec - Digital Servo - Resolution & Driving Frequency - Frame Rates,. </dt><dt>Hitec - Digital Servo Programming Instruction 7XXX 50XX Manual.pdf
and more under
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T. </dt>
Old 01-30-2012, 12:23 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: vasek

I have a HPP-21 servo programmer and have MX22 Tx (Hitec module) with lot of the same program functions as servo programming (like servo reverse, end points, etc.)

What are the advantages/ setbacks of each one?

Thanks, V.
I have asked this question, before, on RCU. Some believe that you Match all the servos, using the Programmer, and keep the programming in the Tx to a minimum. There are others that feel that the servos should be set to Factory Defaults and use the Programming in the Transmitter.

I believe you need a little of both, if you are using Hitec Digital servos. Setting the Servo Direction, Neutral, and Speed is easy to do and minimizes the need for SubTrim. I am of the mindset that one should avoid the use of Y Harnesses, where possible. JR Matchboxes are a good alternative, but expensive. Once you have the Programmer, programming the servos is free.

I don't believe there is any risk using the Hitec Programmer unless mistakes are made. Checking the Deflection rate for all control surfaces should identify mistakes made when using the Hitec Programmer.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:09 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks BB, logical. Will do