Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Newbie to RC Drag

Old 01-25-2012, 08:40 AM
JawzSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie to RC Drag

Hey guys,

new to RC drag, however, have been around RC EVERYTHINGmy whole life, primarilyhaving boats and a few cars. I used to drag my real truck, which was a trailblazer ss, until I coulld no longerafford to keep up with the contant repairs... THEREFORE i figured this was a much cheaper (relativly speaking of course)alternative to keep doing something I really enjoy!

anyway.. I recently purchased a megatech darkthunder. I figured it was a good way for me to start andget the feel for things. When I first found out about RC drag racing I couldn't believe there were actually mini tracks, christmas trees, etc!

glad to become a member of the RCdrag community and looking forward to breaking things (already too familiar with that part so im good to go!)

I am lost, however, in terms of having a place to run?? I live in northern DEand have never heard of anything around here.. but then again i've never really searched. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 01-25-2012, 09:01 AM
maggio

Default RE: Newbie to RC Drag

Not sure of really anywhere to race there , I live in Southern MD and there is a guy that sets up on sundays at a local fire house for test and tunes , But I honestly never really go there. I try and go to national event and reginal races up and down the east coast. The nats are usually 3 day events and by the 3rd day you have had enough racing to get your fix till the next event. You need to check out www.imdra.com that forum is more up todate on all the rc drag racing that goes on.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 AM
JawzSS

ORIGINAL: maggio

Not sure of really anywhere to race there , I live in Southern MD and there is a guy that sets up on sundays at a local fire house for test and tunes , But I honestly never really go there. I try and go to national event and reginal races up and down the east coast. The nats are usually 3 day events and by the 3rd day you have had enough racing to get your fix till the next event. You need to check out www.imdra.com that forum is more up todate on all the rc drag racing that goes on.

yea i figured they werent very common... but thanks ill def check that out..
Old 01-30-2012, 08:10 AM
JawzSS

ORIGINAL: maggio

Hey i signed up on the imdra.com site and it said that I need to be approved by a moderater before my account is activated and that I would receive an email when this occurs. I did this last week and still have not received any email?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:31 PM
maggio

Sometime it takes a few days but would not think it would be that long , See about sending them a email .