Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Complain about anything place

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Complain about anything place

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 06:34 AM
DanMN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Complain about anything place

I also want to complain about winter. I now have too much time to complain!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:37 AM
DanMN

two complaints. 1. When on RCU, it's like I have a dial up connection back in 1998. 2. If tank guys aren't into planes they should be. Talk about detail! I can only imagine what their warbirds would look like.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:35 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to complain about people posting multiple times in successive posts... why can't they just say all their complaints in one post? They could bullet or number the complaints and possibly categorize them and follow it up with a bibliography and cites.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:54 AM
ES CONTROL

on your six               Ha Ha that is good ! So true . That is good!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:56 AM
ES CONTROL

Ahh     On Your six       ahh   I forgot what I was going to say............

Oh !    I ll shut up now .        
Old 01-29-2012, 10:32 AM
DanMN

I want to complain about my inability to have more than one complaint in my mind at a time. I will work on this and then number them as mentioned. Not sure of the bibliography....
Old 01-29-2012, 10:56 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DanMN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect Take a look at this link Ptero. I know it's wikipedia, but it's fairly accurate. ''Earth’s natural greenhouse effect makes life as we know it possible. However, human activities, primarily the burning of fossil fuels and clearing of forests, have greatly intensified the natural greenhouse effect, causing global warming.[13]'' This is a very important statement. I haven't ever heard of the carbon cycle contributing to greenhouse effect. Carbon as a single element, doesn't have much to do with greenhouse effect. Carbon in a compound does. Carbon dust? Carbon rocks? Those are good.

Amen, we are made in part of carbon ourselves...

Gerry
PS: Now I have to complain about my own message, because some bozo will say that we harm the environment because of the carbon we contain:-)
Old 01-29-2012, 10:58 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Water doesn't have any other atoms than 1 Hydrogen atoms and 2 Oxygen atom
I am not familiar with HO2, I thought we were talking about water! (H2O = TWO Hydrogen, ONE Oxygen)

Frozen ice also contains......
is frozen ice different than "regular" ice?
Old 01-29-2012, 11:16 AM
DanMN

ORIGINAL: astrohog

Water doesn't have any other atoms than 1 Hydrogen atoms and 2 Oxygen atom
I am not familiar with HO2, I thought we were talking about water! (H2O = TWO Hydrogen, ONE Oxygen)

Frozen ice also contains......
is frozen ice different than ''regular'' ice?
Oooops. My old chem prof is probably turning over in his grave. Sorry about that. Good thing I got one of the most common compounds on earth wrong.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:33 PM
go vertical

STOP IT "MICK DITCA"
Old 01-29-2012, 01:21 PM
iflircaircraft

I'm complaining that my complaints go on deaf ears and everyone else's complaints are bigger then my complaints when my complaint will keep the sun from rising tomorrow.

Tom
Old 01-29-2012, 02:27 PM
GeeBeeFlyr
My Feedback: (12)

Why are there events that outlaw current legal 72 MHz radios at events? I'm on board with 2.4 and all that it accomplishes but the AMA AND radio manufactures should all be decrying this practice. Please don't reply with "it's safer" as flying has been done safely with 72 MHz equipment for years at thousands of events. The practice just doesn't sit right with me and I have never been burned showing up at an event and being turned away because of my radio. I just read the event advertising that excludes non 2.4 radios. If the old radios are unsafe, then the AMA should just outlaw them altogether. What do you say?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

It's probably deemed unsafe for that particular field/club. A lot of new tech in the past decade will hit certain FM channels. My one field is still good for 72 but the other has many 72 channels that get hit by equipment recently installed around that area.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:38 PM
rickusaf
My Feedback: (19)

My major complaint is most of the time you can't load RCU, it gets bottleneck'd, and pages wont load, expecially during peak hours. They need to upgrade the server to be able to handle all the traffic.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:47 PM
hsukaria

ORIGINAL: rickusaf

My major complaint is most of the time you can't load RCU, it gets bottleneck'd, and pages wont load, expecially during peak hours. They need to upgrade the server to be able to handle all the traffic.
Yes, recently, RCU has been very slow for me also.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:06 PM
DanMN

ORIGINAL: go vertical

STOP IT ''MICK DITCA''
I have no idea what the heck you mean by this. Stop what? And do you mean Mike Ditka?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:22 PM
flynutz

Regarding the idea of growing balsa in the U.S.:

1. The liberals would prohibit cutting it down while saving some cave newt from destruction.
2. The fed/state/county would tax it 'til gold would be cheaper.
3. #1 would declare it a "nuisance species" and have #2 burn it.
4. The EPA = all of the above.

How come my grandmother stayed at home to raise the kids, grandpa worked one job....they had a house, a car (and a pickup), were "middle class" .....they even had some savings? These luxuries are now reserved only for the privileged. Could government be too expensive?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:02 AM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: flynutz

Regarding the idea of growing balsa in the U.S.:

1. The liberals would prohibit cutting it down while saving some cave newt from destruction.
2. The fed/state/county would tax it 'til gold would be cheaper.
3. #1 would declare it a ''nuisance species'' and have #2 burn it.
4. The EPA = all of the above.

How come my grandmother stayed at home to raise the kids, grandpa worked one job....they had a house, a car (and a pickup), were ''middle class'' .....they even had some savings? These luxuries are now reserved only for the privileged. Could government be too expensive?

Mmmm, maybe some people are way overpaid? Like the CEO of my insurance company that raked in over 70 million last year... (Aetna) Maybe not everybody pays their fair share of taxes? Maybe we (middle class) are at fault because we do not have anybody in DC that helps us, they help just their masters (the top 2%).

Some of the products are outsourced, and we get the benefit of a lower price (the real cost is the loss of jobs). But in too many cases, things are outsourced and we do NOT even get the benefit of a lower price. Most of the over the counter medications you are ingesting these days seem to be coming from India (read the fine print). But the prices have NOT come down. Big companies just make more money, and then their friends in DC help them not to pay taxes. Exxon has saved billions in taxes the last years (but they do pay taxes abroad)... Where are the jobs created?

We are making a run to be a third world country while defense contractors are making billions... Want to cut waste, look at the defense budget, look at the money we "give away" to other countries... Some are our allies, other are not.

Gerry

Gerry
Old 01-30-2012, 09:42 AM
hsukaria

This is a rapidly growing thread!! I think it is because everybody has something to complain about and nobody in person who would want to listen to all this griping. You could go to a shrink and pay a lot of money, or you could save a bundle and do the griping here, where there are so many good and caring listeners.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:15 PM
AugerDawger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect Take a look at this link Ptero. I know it's wikipedia, but it's fairly accurate. "Earth’s natural greenhouse effect makes life as we know it possible. However, human activities, primarily the burning of fossil fuels and clearing of forests, have greatly intensified the natural greenhouse effect, causing global warming.[13]" This is a very important statement. I haven't ever heard of the carbon cycle contributing to greenhouse effect. Carbon as a single element, doesn't have much to do with
Horsesh1t vodoo junk.

Carbon isotoping is not very old.

Therefore you can't determinewith certainty man's carbon contribution over natural carbon occurences.

There is no absolute base of chronological historical data.

Every study you can cite is based on modeling of historical guesstimates.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:17 PM
DanMN

ORIGINAL: AugerDawger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect Take a look at this link Ptero. I know it's wikipedia, but it's fairly accurate. ''Earth’s natural greenhouse effect makes life as we know it possible. However, human activities, primarily the burning of fossil fuels and clearing of forests, have greatly intensified the natural greenhouse effect, causing global warming.[13]'' This is a very important statement. I haven't ever heard of the carbon cycle contributing to greenhouse effect. Carbon as a single element, doesn't have much to do with
Horsesh1t vodoo junk.

Therefore you can't determine with certainty man's carbon contribution over natural carbon occurences.

I totally agree with you. Although, greenhouse effect has always been here, it's what keeps us from either freezing up and burning up. It is a good thing. The statement about mans greatly adding to this effect, I m not so in line with. Global warming has yet to be proved vs climate cycles. AUger, I agree with you. It was the other statements that I was argueing with re carbon.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 PM
go vertical

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect Take a look at this link Ptero. I know it's wikipedia, but it's fairly accurate. ''Earth’s natural greenhouse effect makes life as we know it possible. However, human activities, primarily the burning of fossil fuels and clearing of forests, have greatly intensified the natural greenhouse effect, causing global warming.[13]'' This is a very important statement. I haven't ever heard of the carbon cycle contributing to greenhouse effect. Carbon as a single element, doesn't have much to do with
Horsesh1t vodoo junk.

Therefore you can't determine with certainty man's carbon contribution over natural carbon occurences.

I totally agree with you. Although, greenhouse effect has always been here, it's what keeps us from either freezing up and burning up. It is a good thing. The statement about mans greatly adding to this effect, I m not so in line with. Global warming has yet to be proved vs climate cycles. AUger, I agree with you. It was the other statements that I was argueing with re carbon.
of course you don't care you wont be here when it goes to h#$l leve it to the next guy
Old 01-31-2012, 03:28 AM
AugerDawger

Horsesh1t vodoo junk.

Therefore you can't determinewith certainty man's carbon contribution over natural carbon occurences.

of course you don't care you wont be here when it goes to h#$l leve it to the next guy
or I do care and know a punitive taxation scheme and redistributive green economic policy is not the solution

Old 01-31-2012, 06:18 AM
go vertical

Horsesh1t vodoo junk.

or I do care and know a punitive taxation scheme and redistributive green economic policy is not the solution

ITS ONLY MONEY YOU WILL LIVE
Old 01-31-2012, 11:53 AM
AugerDawger

ITS ONLY MONEY YOU WILL LIVE

Rightits not for asolution ......its the money....and like you say "its only money you will live" so payup for thesnake oil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.