Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

3 different Dual Rate at 2Point Switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 10:19 AM
firatp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 different Dual Rate at 2Point Switch

Hello Futaba,
I have 12FG. How can i assign 3 different, lets say 0%, 15%, 35%,dual rate to 3 point swtich ?
I can achieve to assign only 2 different.
Thanks
All the best
Old 02-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 3 different Dual Rate at 2Point Switch

Three rates are on one switch....basic rate, and two that you set in the rates screen. Normally, one position is the rate your control surface has normally, and then two other rates are used to reduce throws. The AFR is where you set the zero-change position, and you then set the switch to "off-on-off" for the second rate, and "off-off-on" for the third rate.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Bax

Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 AM
davebart

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have another question on this topic. I like all three surfaces on triple rates on the same switch. I have been setting this up as three different conditions but your FAQ says it can be done without setting conditions. I have tried to follow the FAQ and have failed. Maybe just failed to understand it. I get two rates but when I try to add the third, it does not work. It appears that I am unable to put Ail, Ele, and Rudd on the same three rate switch without setting up conditions.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Bax

It should be no problem at all. We set aileron, rudder, and elevator to have three rates each, all on one switch. You do one function at a time.

First, go to the Dual Rate screen in the Model Menu. Set the first two rates to Aileron and the desired switch. I used SC. The first aileron rate was set so the switch's on/off setting was "off-on-off". The second rate was set to "off-off-on".

I set the next two rates to Elevator, and used the same switch and the same on/off settings. Ditto the rudder. You will have used all six rates for that condition.

Now, go into the AFR section of the Model Menu. Press S1 to get to the second page and set it to AIL. Press S1 to go back to the first page. Your rates will be 100% when you have all rates turned off. I moved my rate switch to the middle position and set the RATE A and RATE B to 75%. I moved the switch to the end position and set my rates to 50%.

Do the same with ELE and RUD functions.

PRESTO! Three functions with three rates on one switch!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:09 PM
davebart

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you. I also called the Service Center on another problem and we discussed this issue as well. With what you just wrote and what John explained to me (the 100% rate is already there) I now understand it and was able to set it up with a little back and forth experimentation.

Thanks.

Dave