Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

450 Tail wag (death wag)

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

450 Tail wag (death wag)

Old 01-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Felix the cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450 Tail wag (death wag)

The tail servo on my 450 started acting out (wagging) and gets really hot to the touch; tried the gain (on both normal & avcs or HH) nothing. No binding, no looseball links, belt tension is fine, gyro hasgood pading, tail blades are nice and loose, tail shaft is straight, dipswitches are DS on fordig. servo, gyro correction is ok, delay is 0 for dig. servo, limits are fine.

Swapped the servo into my other 450, servo is fine. It is an S9750 dig tail servo.

Tried a new gyro, same wag.

The ESC is new (although I've seen them frythings)so I'm kind of thinking of the receiver going out of wack.

Notconsidering swapping receivers due to the other 450 is VERY nicely wired and tuned and don't wannna mess it up.

Any sugestion will be appreciated

Old 01-19-2012, 08:18 PM
broncoboy36081

Default RE: 450 Tail wag (death wag)

I would check your voltage and if its normal then I would definately look into the reciever and or the esc.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:38 AM
Felix the cat

Thanks Broncoboy, by anychance do you knowwhat the readings should be:

From batt. pack into ESC(guessing 12ishon afully charged11.1V- 2200mAh - 20C)

Fom ESC into RX? (4.5 to 6V)

From RX into tail servo ? (4.5 to 6V)

I'm guessin the readings because there is nothing in the instructions............odd, LOL !

Please correct me if any of them is wrong.

BTW, last night it changed from waggin to glitchy seizure-like wagfits,
kind of one every 2 or 3 seconds

Voltage fluctuation from somewhere ?

Old 01-20-2012, 07:05 AM
broncoboy36081

I am not sure on the voltage but looks like your about spot on with the readings I will give a buddy of mine a call and see what he recomends but also are you mixing servos. If so the digital servo might have something to do with it does the other bird you tried the servo on have all digital servos? The glitchy servo leads me to believe that either the voltage or the reciever.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:08 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

Sounds like either too much gain or a gyro going bad.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Felix the cat

ORIGINAL: broncoboy36081

I am not sure on the voltage but looks like your about spot on with the readings I will give a buddy of mine a call and see what he recomends but also are you mixing servos. If so the digital servo might have something to do with it does the other bird you tried the servo on have all digital servos? The glitchy servo leads me to believe that either the voltage or the reciever.

It's the same setup on both, analogs on swash and digital on tail. Work fine on all. Will check the voltages.

Barracuda, I did tried gain as well as new gyro. The same servo works fine on my other 450. I'm guessing voltage fluctuations bad RX or ESC.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:56 PM
broncoboy36081

ORIGINAL: Felix the cat

ORIGINAL: broncoboy36081

It's the same setup on both, analogs on swash and digital on tail. Work fine on all. Will check the voltages.

Barracuda, I did tried gain as well as new gyro. The same servo works fine on my other 450. I'm guessing voltage fluctuations bad RX or ESC.
IM gonna stick to it and say its the voltage and or the RX possibly could be the ESC but im still gonna say voltage or RX
Old 02-01-2012, 04:28 AM
Felix the cat

For those who like vitals:

Receiver output voltage 5.25Vdc on all channels, except input chann.
3 of course.

So far it seems to be a glitchy channel 5 having seizures.

Waiting for a new receiver to confirm.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:15 AM
broncoboy36081

I figured it would be the rx I talked to my buddy he said RX as well he said that would be the most common issue. I had the same issue on my plane it of course is totally destroyed now do to the reciever freaking out haha live and learn I guess keep us updated