Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

My 88 mm airsoft paintballer - Video Added

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

My 88 mm airsoft paintballer - Video Added

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My 88 mm airsoft paintballer - Video Added

Wow, that accuracy... I don't even know what to say. I would love to see a danville sized battlefield with FPV systems and the 6mm paintballs though. That could be really intense. Is that a stock barrel and whatnot?
Old 02-03-2012, 10:12 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: Martellus

Wow, that accuracy... I don't even know what to say. I would love to see a danville sized battlefield with FPV systems and the 6mm paintballs though. That could be really intense. Is that a stock barrel and whatnot?
Hi that was a 100% stock 1/24 airsoft tank... you can use these guns in the 1/16 tanks... Reason why the groupings varied a bit is because i just kept firing non stop and the popping from the gun moves the tanks turret a little here and there ..so if i did single shots like Perry the gun would be even more accurate.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes Shen, I remember that video. I think it was you that first turnerd me on to the VS guns. I have a little jar of my hand picked 'roundies' I have set aside for my tanks with the VS guns. I can get about the same performance. I find that the shorter the barrel the harder they fire but the accuracy does drop. I can break paintballs up to about 30 ft if I shoot perpendicular to a board. If I hit the slope on a tank no breakage.

I think for most people that want to try paintballing the VS gun would probably be the best bet. They offer a pretty easy drop in for about $20 and work OK. I wanted something with double the power and better accuracy for the JP which is what brought me to this point.

I like this system I have on this tank. I like the idea of a longer barrel beeing more accurate and having a better fps. I like the idea of my JP being able to hit my KV at double the distance. It's just more realistic to the simulated scale combat. I find the higher fps to provide a flatter trajectory and not having a hop up actually helps with accuracy. I can put all my shots in a 4" circle at 50 ft. Having shot both the stock VS guns and this one with paintballs I can tell you the difference is quite marked. The loose HL barrel allows it to shoot pretty much anything without jamming or breaking PB's. I have since fixed the hopper issue and Ican rapid fire at pretty much the same rate as the VS gun but without that cracking spring in there accuracy is much better.

Perry

Old 02-03-2012, 11:06 AM
shenlonco

Perry that sounds great!
But like you said for $20.00 the vs gun is the way to go... even though you can hit another tank at 50ft I am pretty sure it would take a while on a standing still target never mind a moving one... so i think if you battle with paint balls guy's would be moving in close very quickly to get a good shot so i really don't think you would even need a better gun than the stock VS unit.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Perry S.

Yes, I agree. The utility and price of the VS gun makes a better close in battler. I would add that you need to add a spacer to the elevation tab so that the barrel depresses more. With the backspin of the hop up it makes it impossible to hit targets at ground level from close up otherwise.

This version is more for those times when you have the quality time to line up a shot and think it out. Takes time to perform a little ranging like the big guys used to have to do. Get the elevation right for a certain distance than trane left or right. It really isn't that hard to hit something from 50 ft. Moving targets would be really hard. You also have to have some sort of background behind the tank so you can see where you are hitting and adjust. They are just moving too fast to see. The glow in the dark tracer rounds at night are great for this as you really get to watch the ballistics.

Perry

Old 02-03-2012, 12:41 PM
shenlonco

Perry I never tried them but gameface makes the .20bbs that should shoot way better in the guns that are self marking they come in orange and white they are smooth and look just like a normal bb very round.
don't know if the vs guns are powerfull enough to make em leave a mark though

they now have biodegradable ones also
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Game_F..._rds_White/814
Old 02-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Saxondog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perry, I have salvaged my original recoiling airsoft Tiger gun,after the fall out with C/D i decided to build a real airsoft recoiling gun,now I am going to follow your lead,and see how the system works,correct me If I'm wrong but from what I see the components are the same CLIPPARD parts and the same cartidge we purchased based on your earlier design,with excepttion of the cone shaped seal you have installed betwen the shuttle loader assembly and your discharge valve.

Is this something unique of just something handy? Better yet where did tou get it and the cone shape serves what purpose? I have 100's of seals and o=rings and certainly could make something work,

Also picture my wife and mother in law bashing my Tnaks into junk! After Pam saw the video,and the paintballs close to hitting the wall they made it clear exactly what would occur if I FIRED ANYTHING ELSE INDOORS!

Your a brave man,or you do not have as many women in your home as me.

I'll touch base monday as it should be together by then,one issue is my barrel,I machined a Tamiya barrel for my Airsoft recoiling gun. It may cause the issue of drag and breakage so I may switch back to the H/L Barrel.

Remember my rather long barrel?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75221.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1723052  
Old 02-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Saxondog

As to the targeting in battle it seems to me this form of battle requires more skill,and like anything time to learn and develope tactics and range data, possibly a page from the early Dreadnought era,deflectionscales were painted on the turrets so others could see the ships ahead or behind and determine the range and deflection angle of fire.

At a distance something simular could assist the tanker in seeing the real angle of his gun? Just some thoughts?

I'm not knocking the guys that battle I/R but after the first two times I was just bored, even airsoft has that element of skill that the wide band of I/R does not require.

Still their would need to be a hit meter or hit sensor possibly to interface with the I/R kill system? You might recall Perry I had a LED LIGHT RING I was working on to indicate a Paintball kill. With a timer.

But all this is exciting and really can't wait to give it a try, same parts? did you change the accumulation tank or retain the same one from the first post in this thread?

Saxondog

Old 02-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Perry S.

Hey Sax,
DON"TSHOWYOURWIFE! You broke the code. Just joking, What you can't see in that video is the large sheets of cardboard. They're the same color as the wall so it's hard to pick out in the video. But you were right, the wife was away that weekend. What she doesn't know........

The seal is actually a stock HL seal from the gun. Just peel it off the original plunger and put a small slit in it so the plumbing fixture can fit in. Easy and free.

Anxious to see what you come up with.

Perry

Old 02-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Saxondog

E-mail Sent, I get it , having not disassembled the guns in a very long time I COMPLETELY forgot about the inner seal and plunger, I'm working on the Tiger and Jagdpanther together,so I will hopefully be shooting paintballs tomorrow when the wife is gone.

Raining here so outside shooting is not likely,I will tempt fate and use our hallway to the rear den as a firing range,with cardbaord of course.

I'll post my results,Sax
Old 02-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I am not mistaken someone had a breakthrough of using piezo sensors to detect hits on tanks, that could still be applied. You would simply set a threshhold after which the tank should take damage, whether it be from getting shot or driving off a cliff.