Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Sig Rascal 49"

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 10:07 AM
n8rloves2fly
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Rascal 49"

Wow I just picked up a sig 49inch Rascal want to go brushless what size motor do I need? I was thinking 3 cell 2100 because I have a few of these. I was also thinking about adding ailerons anyone have any suggestions?http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EOIBSA:US:1120
Old 02-04-2012, 11:29 AM
n8rloves2fly
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Sig Rascal 49

Wow no help at all? I picked up a few part will post picks soon, and give details also.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Jungmeister2

Default RE: Sig Rascal 49

I have built and flown the Sig Rascal. I powered it with an eflite 480 outrunner and 3s 2100 lipo. The prop is APC 10X6 and it flies really well on rudder and elevator. I wouldn't be too keen to change the TE on that eliptical wing for ailerons. It is a very relaxing and yet responsive flyer for thos calm evenings. The tailwheel set up is a bit lightweight although it will probably never break. I mixed alieron to rudder on my TX so that I could taxi without having to think too much about how to steer! I copied the box art using Monokote. The supplied templates work well for the two tone scheme.

Jungmeister
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69634.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1734423