Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Old 02-03-2012, 06:02 PM
209mark123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

So far from my experience with hot racing Iwould send it back what few parts Ihave had from them were not good quality at all.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:03 PM
trickle007

I dont think it comes with a motor or ESC so it has to be cheaper then 300, I am hoping its priced around 150. IMO 200 would be to steep.

ORIGINAL: Rustproofcorn

I understand. I would be buying all new electronics for the ss. I was just saying with my experience of pulling my xs apart building one should be a breeze and then I can put in my own electronics and such. You guys think it will still be 300 for the ss?
Old 02-03-2012, 06:20 PM
reut1

ORIGINAL: hereticgod

And reut1

If you hit the gas and you are getting nothing from the motor and then it kicks in that's electrical not mechanical. My esc started doing that before I swapped it out.
well i kinda figured that it was electrical because of that issue, but the clicking i was hearing definitely would be more mechanical. I opened up the tranny tonight and it all looked fine, even though still that spur/pinion mesh is not as nice as id want it to be.

maybe there will be a new esc and motor in my future

Old 02-03-2012, 08:13 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: rcklingaman

I guess I should use correct terminology wasn't paying attention to what I was saying there. My screws arn't striped at the head I just have a few screws that won't completly tighten anymore they get snug but they don't tighten like the one next to it.
You overtightened the screws and pulled the threads out of the plastic.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Rustproofcorn

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

I guess I should use correct terminology wasn't paying attention to what Iwas saying there. My screws arn't striped at the head Ijust have a few screws that won't completly tighten anymore they get snug but they don't tighten like the one next to it.
Also what I does is turn the screw counter clockwise gently until the screw drops into the threads. This prevents the screw from recutting threads which also causes what the rcklingaman described.

No one piped up on prices of the ss. No one knows yet?
Old 02-04-2012, 05:19 PM
dspdrew

Drove for about 3 minutes today and one of my new HPI CVDs snapped. These things just don't seem to be at all strong enough for the power of this truck. I can't imagine how much money HPI makes selling these things and the dog bones. Also, just as I thought would happen with that Hot Racing Aluminum Steering Bellcrank, cartwheeled it once, and it stripped out my servo arm. Iput some grease on it, and it now seems to be working the way it's supposed to.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:24 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son, Jordan, and I had a great day bashing our XS's yesterday. While we were bashing and doing speed runs I caught my son's XS head-on with my XS and sent his about 4 feet into the air, it was funny.. so we went on bashing for awhile more until our batteries where dead. So we headed back to the van to change batteries and back to some more bashing only this time it was in the parking lot. While we were playing kick the can with the XS's I noticed mine was leaning funny in the front so I picked it up and started to check it out and noticed I had sheared off the front shock tower. Which ended my bashing.

So today we went down to the school to do some more bashing with my Flux HP and my son's XS. Afer about 20 mins of bashing we noticed that my son's XS was acting strange so I started checking when I noticed the front right axle keeps fallling out of the axle cup. So now I need to get new new axle ups for both of our XS's.. You should have seen him try to drive my Flux HP is was pretty interesting... I will post some video later of it. And I will also post pics of the damages to the XS's...
Old 02-05-2012, 09:25 PM
209mark123

Talk about a night and day difference with these tires.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56243.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1723983   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26745.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1723984  
Old 02-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Gangster_Elmo

ORIGINAL: 209mark123

Can you give a little more in depth review of the tires and what are they? I need some new ones that have a little more traction on and off road.

On a different note, I finally decided to try my XS on 3S and WOW is this truck fast. I only did speed runs because I was a little worried about the ESC, but it held up fine. The only problem is that it is difficult to keep the front wheels on the ground. Iflipped it onto it's lida few times while running at nearly full speed and it was fun, but I will stick to 2S for bashing and 3S for speed runs only.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:39 PM
209mark123

They are pro line gladiators on hpi mesh wheels. They hook up nice on all surfaces. Inoticed the stock tires on mine all they did on take off was loose traction. These are a complete different story the truck really dosnt burn out at all now, and they show no signs of wear after about 10 packs the stock tires were almost completely bald after 10 packs. They are about the same size really couldnt tell any difference when Icompared them to the stock ones so no overheating issues. If you have anymore questions just ask.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:23 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Gangster_Elmo

Can you give a little more in depth review of the tires and what are they? I need some new ones that have a little more traction on and off road.

On a different note, I finally decided to try my XS on 3S and WOW is this truck fast. I only did speed runs because I was a little worried about the ESC, but it held up fine. The only problem is that it is difficult to keep the front wheels on the ground. I flipped it onto it's lid a few times while running at nearly full speed and it was fun, but I will stick to 2S for bashing and 3S for speed runs only.
Hey Gangster_Elmo, where in Washington are you located?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Gangster_Elmo

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Gangster_Elmo

On a different note, I finally decided to try my XS on 3S and WOW is this truck fast. I only did speed runs because I was a little worried about the ESC, but it held up fine. The only problem is that it is difficult to keep the front wheels on the ground. Iflipped it onto it's lida few times while running at nearly full speed and it was fun, but I will stick to 2S for bashing and 3S for speed runs only.
Hey Gangster_Elmo, where in Washington are you located?
209mark123, thanks for the review, they sound really good.

T9dragon, I am about 20 miles southwestof Olympia.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:29 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Rustproofcorn

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

I guess I should use correct terminology wasn't paying attention to what I was saying there. My screws arn't striped at the head I just have a few screws that won't completly tighten anymore they get snug but they don't tighten like the one next to it.
Also what I does is turn the screw counter clockwise gently until the screw drops into the threads. This prevents the screw from recutting threads which also causes what the rcklingaman described.
Yeah, but you're smart enough to be working on things. Y'know...not a ham-fisted hack.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:54 AM
spena

After my xs's antenna was eaten up by the draftshart, its been uncontrollable after 10 feet.

Will I be able to purchase HPI RF-30 receiver and sync it with TF40 transmitter?
Its hard to find RF40 receiver other than ordering in europe or bidding war in ebay
Old 02-07-2012, 10:56 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: spena

After my xs's antenna was eaten up by the draftshart, its been uncontrollable after 10 feet.

Will I be able to purchase HPI RF-30 receiver and sync it with TF40 transmitter?
Its hard to find RF40 receiver other than ordering in europe or bidding war in ebay
Have you contacted HPI?
Old 02-07-2012, 11:46 AM
spena

Have you contacted HPI?
No I haven't was just looking for a quick solution.
If I call would I have to send it the receiver back or I'll get a new one provided I send them pics?
Old 02-07-2012, 11:55 AM
t9dragon

Have you contacted HPI?
No I haven't was just looking for a quick solution.
If I call would I have to send it the receiver back or I'll get a new one provided I send them pics?
They will probably ask you to email them pictures of the esc. Also I had the same thing happen to mine and my son's XS's and I drilled a little hole in the rx box and ran the antenna thru the hole.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:03 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Quick question... Is there a difference from how the flux xs was built in october of 2011 compared  to today? like parts used/included
Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
209mark123

As far as Iknow they are the same.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:13 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

i've just heard people saying they got different/more parts when they bought theirs compared to other people. i was mostly concerned about the esc too, whether they are making them better so they dont go poof on connection
Old 02-07-2012, 12:58 PM
spena

Just answered my own question found in HPI Europe's page:

Please note: This transmitter will not work with the RF-30 2.4GHz receiver, the RF-30 is designed for use only with the TF-20 radio.
http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=105381
Old 02-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Rustproofcorn

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

i've just heard people saying they got different/more parts when they bought theirs compared to other people. i was mostly concerned about the esc too, whether they are making them better so they dont go poof on connection

its the same from release to date. i asked HPI whilst i was on the phone with them one of the many times. i think what you read was somthing about some people reported having shims while others reported not having shims. i dont think what actually came with the truck were shims i think they were washers it states such in the manual. also i had fatory shims on my front and rear diff and they were definatly not the same as the washers that came with my packaging. although it didnt stop we from using them as shims.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:27 PM
reut1

some of my antenna is missing from the truck flipping and snapping off the tube. I know the wire doesn't go all the way up the tube but some of the wire at the bottom is shredded. I'll get pics later.
also, my esc really is having tons of issues and making the car not always drive when I want it. is there a way to reset it or do I really just have to replace the esc soon?

EDIT

this is with a fresh battery (2s 5200mah lipo)

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...t=fb0f5673.mp4
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...t=a22d7a9f.mp4

I also pulled the motor out and tried it to make sure it was nothing in the drivetrain and same result, motor wont really turn over. and I did the esc set up procedure again. emailed hpi and waiting to hear back
Old 02-08-2012, 04:43 AM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My ESC let out the smoke [:@]  I don't have the recipt...  what can I do?

Old 02-08-2012, 12:31 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: billymare

My ESC let out the smoke [:@] I don't have the recipt... what can I do?

Why don't you have a receipt? Call HPI and see what they can do for you..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.