Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

My New 50cc Ultimate!

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

My New 50cc Ultimate!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 04:15 PM
AngLeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New 50cc Ultimate!

I just had to take advantage of the V-day sale on this baby....got 98 bucks off! So its just like free shipping! Due to the pounding Co. took with the 2+ ft of snow,it should ship in a couple days,so should get it around the weekend or just after.This is my first AW plane ,and also my first gasser.(although I have a 30cc nitro Funtana) I know I will love this plane.I plan on a DLE 55cc for power,and thinking a MPI miracle switch,two 2600mah LiOn packs and a pin flage switch for rec,reg switch for Ing,with a 2000 mah NiMh 4.8v for ignition.What do ya think so far? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:38 PM
AngLeo

Default RE: My New 50cc Ultimate!

Would I be better off with a Sahara and wolverine switch? Will it handle the 8 servos with 2 2600 LiOn packs?
Old 02-07-2012, 06:18 AM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

In my experience with Miracle Sws ( wires breaking off), yes you would be better using another good brand.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 AM
maukaonyx

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

YOU will LOVE the plane and engine combo. I have the blue/yellow color scheme with a DLE-55 and JTec Pitts style muffler on it. The aircraft flies great and lands like a kittycat. I maidened and only put on about 15 flights in all of 2011, and plan to get it out more soon. I use two LiFe 1100 mAh packs with a heavy duty EMS switch on each, and a 4800 mAh NiMh on ignition, also with EMS switch, and a 42% optokill. Do you have a trailer so you can haul it assembled? It's just time consuming to assemble at the field, but that is what I do since my PU is small. Takes me at least 20 minutes to assemble and feels longer, lol. Other than that, you will enjoy this plane immensely. It flies on rails, and has GREAT presence in the air and on the ground. Jon
Old 02-07-2012, 04:00 PM
AngLeo

Yes.I believe after careful study,that the AW Ultimate is the best avail.,and hope to enjoy many flights.No Jon,I dont have a trailer.I have a big SUV and this is the biggest plane I can fit! Im stuck wrench'en at the field,but my Funtana takes about 15 min to prep,ck and fill,so another 5 min or so wont be a bother.Ive read a few bad experiences with the MPI,but then hear guys using 10 over the yrs with no mishaps.Ive yet to find one complaint on The Sahara set-up,so thinking its worth the few extra bucks here.If any one is using this with 2 batts ,then,pleasechime in and share your set-up and opinions.Ive had a little trouble searching for regulator set-ups.Better luck with the Sahara,so I'll read on and ask if needed.Thanks Alot!
Old 02-08-2012, 02:01 PM
AngLeo

Last night I ordered the Sahara and wolverine switch from Fromeco,and what service they have! T-day they called to see exactly what I wanted,and they custom make it up! And gave me a wealth of info to boot.Hats off to them. I got a Wolverine with two Deans in for two 2600 LiOns,and one deans out to go to the Sahara which has to Fut. plugs out to the Rec....they said it will work nicely for a 50cc.My Ultimate should be shipped today,cant wait to get it!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 PM
AngLeo

Ive been pondering servos.I am not a fan of HiTech servos.Use to race 1/8th scale and I still have blown up servos in corners.Ive seen one go in a 800 size heli.....and it wasnt pretty.I love Futaba,but ones for the Ultimate would run in the $800 range.However I really love Savox/Align servos.They are used in 700+ size helis and are very dependable/strong and the lightest on the market.The Align DS610 is fully titanium geared, a decent 175 oz. torque and can run high voltage.I already have 4 in my 700 heli and theyre bulletproof.I can get these for about 60 a servo.i can get a deal on 6.(alerons/elevators)The rudder Im thinkin will need more....Savox(who makes Align servos)Has a Larger than Standard dig,full metal gears and puts out 225 oz.Is this good here??? If not Ill just go for a Fat Brushless Futaba for $160.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 PM
AngLeo

Does every run an ignition kill by radio? I only have 7 ch.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:10 AM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

There were 3 50CC AW ultimates at our field this Monday along with one great planes ultimate. All three AW's had the red/black/yellow scheme. It was fun.

see pictures on AW Testimonial Page
Old 02-09-2012, 06:58 PM
bemeson

ORIGINAL: AngLeo

Ive been pondering servos.I am not a fan of HiTech servos.Use to race 1/8th scale and I still have blown up servos in corners.Ive seen one go in a 800 size heli.....and it wasnt pretty.I love Futaba,but ones for the Ultimate would run in the $800 range.However I really love Savox/Align servos.They are used in 700+ size helis and are very dependable/strong and the lightest on the market.The Align DS610 is fully titanium geared, a decent 175 oz. torque and can run high voltage.I already have 4 in my 700 heli and theyre bulletproof.I can get these for about 60 a servo.i can get a deal on 6.(alerons/elevators)The rudder Im thinkin will need more....Savox(who makes Align servos)Has a Larger than Standard dig,full metal gears and puts out 225 oz.Is this good here??? If not Ill just go for a Fat Brushless Futaba for $160.
You will love the SAVOX servos...If you use the 1258TG on all the surfaces and a 1256TG on the rudder you will be like that combo. We have several flying that combo. If you are interested ship me a PM and I can quote you a price.

Brian
Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 PM
AngLeo

Yes. Thats the twin to the Align.Excellent servo.The 1256 sounds sweet. PM sent
Old 02-09-2012, 08:17 PM
AngLeo

The White Truck is on the Way.Will have it on TUES!