Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

This is crazy dangerous!

Old 02-08-2012, 04:34 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: This is crazy dangerous!

ORIGINAL: AugerDawger

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

Just Glad to Help ya Out there Auggy Dawgy
More than you know.

Reinforcement to allwho come hereof the elitest wanna-be blowhard of the RC club where anything that doesn't reconcile with his view is stupid or otherwise invalid....thus demonstratingthe value and shift to park flying.

The person that disregards the simplest of common seance rules isn't the sharpest tool in the chest. I don't believe that flying in a save manor is
"
elitest wanna-be blowhard of the RC club"
On the contrary the ignorant show off, nitwit that endangers them selves and or others by their reckless and dangerous R/C Flying Practices Especially in Parks where one has no control over the whereabouts of spectators, should have their flying privileges restricted or revoked.
The city of Mesa Arizona has banned any kind of R/C in public places and parks because of one indivudle who by flying in a recless and uncontroled manor, hit another person. This guy caused every ones park flying to be curtialed by his actions.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It makes me wonder just how many of the naysayers in here have even the smallest of clues about the actual physics involved in what he's doing. How many have actually had a model touching their hand/hands while in a hover. If not then what makes thee an expert. How do we know what the aircraft will do if the rudder makes a hard over? (I know exactly what will happen from actual experience) Same for the other control surfaces involved. My point is most folks commenting have no experience in this area (and probably little to no knowledge of the physics involved) and are just wanting to express a desire to control another human. If we had followed the logic of some of the posters in this thread we would never have made it to space, much less the moon. What if that big Saturn 5 had tipped over and pointed right into a major metropolitan area and killed thousands (or maybe millions). Most of these posts in here scare me far more than his act caught on video. Just my two cents. Flame suit on.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:00 PM
HoundDog

ORIGINAL: Jezmo

It makes me wonder just how many of the naysayers in here have even the smallest of clues about the actual physics involved in what he's doing. How many have actually had a model touching their hand/hands while in a hover. If not then what makes thee an expert. How do we know what the aircraft will do if the rudder makes a hard over? (I know exactly what will happen from actual experience) Same for the other control surfaces involved. My point is most folks commenting have no experience in this area (and probably little to no knowledge of the physics involved) and are just wanting to express a desire to control another human. If we had followed the logic of some of the posters in this thread we would never have made it to space, much less the moon. What if that big Saturn 5 had tipped over and pointed right into a major metropolitan area and killed thousands (or maybe millions). Most of these posts in here scare me far more than his act caught on video. Just my two cents. Flame suit on.
Never tried Russian Roulette either ... but some how I know it's not the smartest thing to do. Even though you may think that this type of activity is OK, others know that NASA never would condone any action like this and every thing NASA did Had Triple redundancy in every thing they did.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:14 PM
japan3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me the plane looks under more control then a typical hover. Most planes you see hovering are wandering all over the place. Tail fishtailing back and forth. This plane is rock solid in a hover. Hey America, live a little!!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:23 PM
HoundDog

ORIGINAL: japan3d

To me the plane looks under more control then a typical hover. Most planes you see hovering are wandering all over the place. Tail fishtailing back and forth. This plane is rock solid in a hover. Hey America, live a little!!
Like I've said before ... "You Just Can't Fix Stupid" or reason with any one that preceves this type of beaviour anything but "STUPID" but then it takes all kinds to run a world. Good luck in all your endevers,and I really hope U don't hurt your self. I really Do.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
DanMN

I'm no 3D expert, or hardware expert. I also haven't read all the posts in this thread. Is it possible there is a gyro at work in this guys plane? I can hover, but wouldn't dream of taking my hands off the radio.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:34 PM
HoundDog

Maybe this Video should have a disclaimer  across the bottom.

"Please Don't Try his at Home"

" STUPID" Could be hazardous to your Health"

Old 02-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Hibrass
My Feedback: (1)

I can hover as well.... But not nearly that well...!

Personnally I loved it! Hope to see more of it!

Noth'n better than watch'n someone have fun with his toy plane.... :-)
Old 02-08-2012, 05:38 PM
HoundDog

I guess "Living a Little" is like playing Russian Roulette with an Automatic.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:41 PM
japan3d

I guess now you will stop eating salt, because the government said it's bad for you?
Old 02-08-2012, 05:43 PM
HoundDog

ORIGINAL: Hibrass

I can hover as well.... But not nearly that well...!

Personnally I loved it! Hope to see more of it!

Noth'n better than watch'n someone have fun with his toy plane.... :-)
Remember there 2 kinds of airplanes ... Fighters and Targets. A hovering plane just turns it into some ones inadverent "TARGET"
Old 02-08-2012, 05:50 PM
mazjag

Not my thing, but the only person he was gonna hurt was him...God bless him..I don`t think I can do that..J
Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Hibrass
My Feedback: (1)

Remember there 2 kinds of airplanes ... Fighters and Targets. A hovering plane just turns it into some ones inadverent ''TARGET''

[/quote]

Not sure were you where going with this statement but whatever works for you... You have made it pretty clear that you don't tolerate this kind of flying...

I on the other the hand do... :-)
japan3d

I guess ''Living a Little'' is like playing Russian Roulette with an Automatic.
I didn't see anybody put a plane to anybody's head in that video.
HoundDog

Already have quit the salt ... Suger too. Just remember your statement when you get old and join the "PILL PARADE" ... Remember when your Mother told you to "Eat your Fruits and Veggies". Hope ya took her advise, so you don't suffer hypertension and a meriod of other ailments us O'L Gezzers have.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:55 PM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

Looks like another AMA safety code gone bad!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:57 PM
japan3d

Already have quit the salt ... Suger too. Just remember your statement when you get old and join the ''PILL PARADE'' ... Remember when your Mother told you to ''Eat your Fruits and Veggies''. Hope ya took her advise, so you don't suffer hypertension and a meriod of other ailments us O'L Gezzers have.
I do eat my fruits and veggies. Also overweight and have lower blood pressure then my doctor who is skinny and runs 5 miles everyday. And I eat salt too, go figure.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:59 PM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

Kinda like grabbing one of those diamond backs by the tail. Never know when it will get you.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:00 PM
HoundDog

ORIGINAL: Hibrass

Remember there 2 kinds of airplanes ... Fighters and Targets. A hovering plane just turns it into some ones inadverent ''TARGET''
Not sure were you where going with this statement but whatever works for you... You have made it pretty clear that you don't tolerate this kind of flying...

I on the other the hand do... :-)

[/quote]NOT ATALL ... All kinds of flying have their place and should be given their time in the air. It's just that I've seen a couple very expensive models downed when the person did the Hovering over the runway when there was a lot of other traffic in the pattern. ie they made them selves "TARGETS" But Every one should be alowed to do their thing. If that thing can be done in a save and sencible manor that doesn't endanger ones self or others ... Yes You have every right to your piece of the NAS ... Sorry if you took it any other way ...
Old 02-08-2012, 06:06 PM
HoundDog

From your Location ... Are U stationed in Japan or are U Japanese ...Japanese culture just seem to have better eating habits than us Americans.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:11 PM
japan3d

100% Red Blooded American!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:46 PM
fred985

and how is the faa going to regulate our hobby ? i guess they can get 30,000 idiots to patrol any possible place that we can fly from ? make it illegal to have a positive thrust to weight ratio so we couldnt 3 d no mo,,,? then with night flyers around they would need 30,000 more insectors ,,,this could get out of control real fast AND OBAMER WILL NEED ANOTHER TRILLION.,,,GGGEEEEEEzzzzzz
Old 02-08-2012, 06:53 PM
HoundDog

ORIGINAL: fred985

and how is the faa going to regulate our hobby ? i guess they can get 30,000 idiots to patrol any possible place that we can fly from ? make it illegal to have a positive thrust to weight ratio so we couldnt 3 d no mo,,,? then with night flyers around they would need 30,000 more insectors ,,,this could get out of control real fast AND OBAMER WILL NEED ANOTHER TRILLION.,,,GGGEEEEEEzzzzzz
"WHAT?"it's like that AT&T Commerical ...
It's so 30 seconds ago

Date: February 7, 2012
765-287-1256, ext. 276
[email protected]

Senate joins House in passing FAA bill, exemption for aeromodeling[/b]

M U N C I E – The U.S. Senate late Monday joined the House in passing the first full FAA Reauthorization Bill in more than four years. In passing the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 both the House and Senate included a provision aimed at protecting model aviation from burdensome regulations. The President is expected to sign the bill into law.

“We are very appreciative of those in Congress who recognize that model aviation hobbyists have been highly successful at governing themselves and being safety conscious over generations,” said Bob Brown, president of the Academy of Model Aeronautics, representing 143,000 aeromodelers. “We are intensely committed to a safe National Airspace System (NAS), and have proven so. This bill is testimony to a common sense approach to model aviation.”

The AMA’s ongoing attempt to protect aeromodeling from what it believes to be unnecessary and overreaching federal regulations was championed by Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) who sponsored the amendment. The Academy would like to express its sincere appreciation to the members of Congress and their staffs, with special thanks to John Mica (R-FL), Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R-TX), Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) and Tom Petri (R-WI).

“I can’t stress enough the impact that AMA members have had on getting this amendment passed,” said Brown. “Last year, our members sent 90,000 letters of concern to their Congressional representatives, and the collective voice of aeromodeling was heard loud and clear.”

Rapid technological advancements and the integration of small unmanned aircraft systems, or sUAS, has been a challenge for the FAA, which is responsible for ensuring the safety of the NAS. The AMA has consistently contended that aeromodeling conducted by its members, following the AMA Safety Code, is different from commercial sUAS operations. That distinction lies, in part, with hobbyists operating within a defined area, away from people and property, and not for commercial purposes, among other self-imposed rules.

“This legislation is a very positive step,” said Rich Hanson, AMA’s Government Regulatory Affairs representative. “However, there are still steps to come. We look forward to a cooperative effort with the FAA in ensuring that model aircraft may continue to operate safely within the NAS.”

AMA expects that the FAA will issue its Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) for public comment sometime later this spring. The Academy continues to believe that a regulatory approach to model aviation is unnecessary and unwarranted.

The Academy of Model Aeronautics is the nation’s collective voice for aeromodeling, founded in 1936, with 143,000 members in 2,400 clubs in every state, Puerto Rico and Guam. The AMA successfully sanctions more than 2,000 events and competitions each year, and boasts the world’s largest collection of model aviation artifacts and documents in the National Model Aviation Museum situated on the 1,100-acre International Aeromodeling Center in Muncie, Indiana.

# # # The complete Article

Old 02-08-2012, 07:22 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: pflynn73

Not impressed. High risk and not that cool. I dont know what you guys are seeing. Basic hover and stupidity. A tight 8 point roll or rolling circle is much more impressive.
If you're not impressed by that......it simply means that YOU don't have the skills required to do it! So stuff all jealousy in your socks...[>:]..this guy is good!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 PM
HoundDog

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

ORIGINAL: pflynn73

Not impressed. High risk and not that cool. I dont know what you guys are seeing. Basic hover and stupidity. A tight 8 point roll or rolling circle is much more impressive.
If you're not impressed by that......it simply means that YOU don't have the skills required to do it! So stuff all jealousy in your socks...[>:]..this guy is good!!!
That depends on your definition of "GOOD"
Gooden Stupid applys here. If ya want to Hover Get a Chopper. It's not that one doesn't poses the skills U say this guy has ... But most are a lot Smarter.
Stupid is as Stupid Does
Forest Gump 1994

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.