Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 11:47 PM
cubnpede82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Hey all,
I have the MERV, we got one for my son when they first came out. Can anyone tell me what RPM parts should be on my list? Nothing is broken as of right now. The ESC/Motor were acting funny last time we went to use the truck though. We had used it out in the cold, there's a little snow too, just enough to make traction non-existent. The truck worked fine untill we turned it off. Later after a battery charge, we went to use it again, steering works but when you went to give it throttle, just stuttering back and forth, like the little cogging on takeoff, but that's all it would do... didn't mess with it too much because I didn't want to fry something. Later after we came home, I tried it inside, seemed to cog really bad, even when rolling already, but it was working again. I held the truck up, and ran the motor at varying throttles, then let it run for a couple minutes at between 1/4 and 1/2 throttle, so I could build a little heat in the motor, it's been sitting now for a whole day so I'm going to go try it out, charger just beeped!!! Wish me luck!
Anyone have any ideas? Should I send it back, it's supposed to be waterproof... maybe it's not below-freezing proof...LOL

Also, neighbor just got the 1/16 Summit VXL for his kid, and one for him too... I'd like to know if I can put the tires and wheels on the MERV, and if I do, what pinion gear I'd need to use... also, are they the same spur? anyone know? If I change out for the Mini-Summit rocker arms, will I need different shock springs? 40wt in frt. 50wt. in rear... Thanks guys, Merry Christmas
Old 12-28-2011, 08:49 PM
jraabolle
My Feedback: (15)

So I just got my revo vxl and what a blast! I have been Working it over pretty good and tried 4s with two 2200 2s and it sounded like I hit a rev limiter.... Maybe it was the built in fail safe. Can anyone give me some insight? If I run 3s should I use the high speed pinion? Thanks this thing has shinded a new light on r/c trucks that I lost years ago with what was available then.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:23 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I am looking to pick up two of these for my boys 11 and 12. They have exp. in driving rc cars from savages to 1/5 baja. I am not worried about their skill set. They are wanting something electric, not to fast, but thats fun to play around. I was thinking rc18, but I rather have something a tag bigger, but without going to 1/10 or 1/8 size.

If I left these stock, and ran either stock batts in parrallel or a 2s setup, would the speed still be around 30-35 mph? I don't want them to go to fast as i would like the trucks to last.

What are your thoughts?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 AM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

If you get the VXL models they will easily do 30-35mph with those batteries. I only run 2S in my Merv and it is fast but yet controllable.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:55 PM
noahb

Would I be better off with say some Stampedes 4x4 VXL's? They are more money, but wondering if the durability would be a bit better.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:58 AM
pure speed:]

go for the stampede trust me.. the mini is just too small and requires a lot of hop ups $ to be as durable as a 1/10 RTR pede and make sure you get a good lipo charger and buy some zippy lipos off of hobby king .com
Old 01-04-2012, 03:20 PM
noahb

Yeah, after doing a bit of research I probably will try and get the 4x4 pede. Thanks guys.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:49 PM
kertsman

Just ordered my Mini E-Revo from Tower, can't wait till next Wednesday!!It's been a few years since I drove a good RC, last one I had was a kit Monster Truck that was fun as heck to bash.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:49 PM
cubnpede82

Hey all, anyone having servo gear problems, try loosening the servo saver up , and lubing it so it's saving the servo like it should... working good for us for quite a while now...
just got RPM bumpers, A-arms, and a set of carriers, and the TRX wheelie bar, along with stiffer springs and some other bits... I'll let you know what I think after they get some use on them...
needing new tires, I'm liking the Jconcepts MERV 2.2 rims, and need tire suggestions... I'd like some 2.2 buggy rears I think, I like my proline gladiators but they're too big for the MERV... any wheel tire suggestions for dirt track type use... not something that'll wear out in 4-5 runs though...

PM me if you need help with the servo saver... or e-mail me... I hope to get a video up on YouTube soon showing what I did...

Thanks to all who make RCU so great...
Isaiah
shadymoon1282 at yahoo dot com
axelsfolks on the Tube
Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 AM
gforce2448

I'm running Pro-Line Calibers on Traxxas 2.2 dished wheels for the dirt track. I like the pins on these tires, they don't seem to wear as fast as other pin tires. They have lasted me quite a while and handle great! I've heard others using JConcept Goosebumps for the track, but I don't have any experience with them. For a all around good bashing tire, I suggest the Dirt Hawgs.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:36 PM
cubnpede82

Well hello peeps, I had servo stripping problems with my MERV when it was new, replaced the first set of gears and loosened the saver up a little, been great since, over a year now... stock servo, 5 min fix, no $ , no parts, wrench came with the truck...

video is uploading to youtube now... check out my little channel (like 4 vids so far...LOL) on the Tube im axelsfolks.... hope it helps save some folks their servo gears...

neighbor just got 2x mini Summits at Christmas time, one of them went through 2 sets of servo gears in just a few days, showed him this trick and hope he'll have better luck now... funny, the kid's truck was ok, the adult's truck was the one breaking, both haven't even seen 100% power mode yet... You figure..LOL

So far we've broken only a servo gear, a front body/bumper mount, and a front carrier... just got some new springs, RPM parts, and a wheelie bar, will post more when we've tried them all out...
Old 02-02-2012, 07:40 PM
J0EC00L
My Feedback: (3)

GForce,

Long time bro... Real long time...

How's the merv doing? She bullet proof, gone through a few motors, and tires by now I suspect! I haven't had my merv in over a year. I've sold all my traxxas stuff, except for one last bit on eBay. My last project was a rustler. It was wicked fast, but I missed the ease of a 4wd. I still have a brand new esc and a few lipos. Man those were expensive too. I'm losing big money on the sale, but I'm getting rid of it all to go back to 1/14 or 1/16. Probably gonna try out this Mini-8ight by losi. It has received a lot of good reviews. I don't need 60mph out of the box, something traxxas loves to push with all their models! It's a scam to get us to buy the better hop ups and drive it faster to break more and buy more ha ha ha I'm soo guilty of that!

Lastly, I will do my best to just keep this next rc from here out. I've gone through at least 15 rc's trying to figure out what I like most. I probably had the most fun with the merv, so gonna go back to the mini sizes. More portable and tons of fun.

Just checking the mini boards, seeing what's the best out there. Maybe the mini 8ight will give the merv a run?

Joe
Old 02-02-2012, 08:47 PM
gforce2448

Hey Joe! Glad to see you back. I have been on the forums but haven't ran my RCs in a few months. Just have been real busy with other stuff. Did do some RC repairs for someone locally recent, made some extra money. I've done the same, gone through many RCs over the past couple of years. Buying, selling and trading but currently only have the 1/16 Merv and 1/16 Rally. Both have the same Castle MMP big block setups Ive been running for quite a while. Haven't gone through any motors or tires as well.

I have been looking at other RCs lately debating whether to get something else. I really like the Losi Mini 8ight as well. It seems pretty good out of the box. I think it would be awesome at the dirt track with little to no upgrades and it would handle the same lipos as my 1/16 Traxxas. As far as just bashing the Merv is probably better suited to handle multiple terrains. I am just not sure I am ready to drop $250 or so on the Mini 8ight. Skora got one of the 1/16 Turnigy buggies from Hobbyking for like $70. Brushless just needs rx and tx. He posted on here his box opening video. I am considering one of those as well. Wanted to get more info from him after he has ran it some. Although that buggy is smaller than the Losi. Other than that I am not real interested in the Savage Flux XS as I already have a modded Merv and the XS has quite a few issues since its release.

Glad to see you on the threads again and back into minis.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:38 PM
J0EC00L

Yeah,

I'm kinda glad to go back to the mini... I like the portability, the speeds and they are a lot of fun, as long as the grass is short enough

I haven't seen the turnigy buggies... Do ou know where that video was posted? A link to it?

The losi 8ight is basically a decent mini version of the 8ight. Having never driven an 8iht, I don't know how to compare... But hose who own both say that the mini retains many of the great driving characteristics and functionality of its larger counter part. I'm excited... I'll post vids when it comes in.

One thing I've noticed just reading a few pages back... Everyone having the same issues with their brand new MERVs that we had... Everyone asking the same questions we once asked... And now I see you passing down the good gouge to those new to the merv, especially with your wisdom from trial and error with your MERVs.

Keep up the great work bro! Would have been nice to have a forum poster such as yourself a few years ago, we probably would have managed our money spent on the MERVs a little better

Joe
Old 02-03-2012, 09:13 AM
gforce2448

Skora posted it on the mini forum here. It's probably on the second page. He posted it only a week ago. Look for 1/16 Turnigy buggy. Yeah I definitely think the Mini 8ight is the RC to get.

Thanks for the kind words. I've had my Merv for nearly 4 years now and have done just about everything to it. It has been torn down and rebuilt many times. Even built my son a Merv from my extra parts and have a modded 1/16 Rally as well. I really love the mini Traxxas. So, I am just trying to pass on what I've learned from all the problems I've ran into during that time.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:39 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Well Traxxas is at it again reusing their Mini chassis and adding a different body, wheels and tires...

The new Mini Grave Digger with backpack.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:41 AM
gforce2448

Looks like an Official Mini Grave Digger thread is needed. lol Traxxas does have away of marketing and making lots of money off of their products. They really seem to now have alot of sponsors or partners on board with their RC replicas.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:45 PM
J0EC00L

The real money will be in the collectors releases. They have a mini Rally camaro that is black and green. They also have a mini rally Kawasaki which could on be purchased a Kawasaki dealer. Crazy, but they are already rare, and worth double the regular price, just because of the body and the normally red plastic pieces being bright green. I think there may be something else that makes them unique, maybe a serial number identifier, but ultimately, they are nothing more than a mini e Revo with different bodies and different colored plastic.

Joe
Old 02-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Mpower25

Hi.

I just bought second hand mini e-revo 1/16

Is very fun truck but it need a little bit of work...

I replace the front knukcles because had a lot of slop (bigflip )

now in the rear i think because is worn has a lot slop and the car a full throotle is going everywhere.

so now i ordered

Traxxas 7148 GTR Shock Spring(2) 2.22, 1/16 MINI E-REVO[/b] TRA7148
Traxxas 7147 GTR Shock Spring(2) 2.06, 1/16 MINI E-REVO[/b] TRA7147
Traxxas 3064 Parallel Wire Harness, Mini 1/16 Rally Racer, Revo, Slash[/b] TRA3064
Traxxas 7184 Adjustable Wheelie Bar, Mini 1/16 Rally Racer, Revo, Slash[/b] TRA7184
ProLine 3360-00 Clear F-150 SVT Raptor Body, 1/16 Mini Revo[/b] PRO336000
RPM Front Bumper Red 73989, 1/16 MINI REVO[/b] RPM73989
RPM Knuckles - Axle Carriers (2) 73165, Mini 1/16 Rally Racer, Revo, Slash[/b] RPM73165
RPM 80455, Tubular Front Bumper Blue, REVO 3.3[/b] RPM80455
ProLine 6005-02, Premium Blend CA Tire Glue Medium[/b] PRO600502
Traxxas Complete Center Diff 7014, Mini 1/16 Rally Racer, Revo, Slash[/b] TRA7014
Team Losi LOSA5286, Silicone Diff Fluid 50000CS[/b] LOSA5286

I hope with the center diff the handling increase, and also the wheelies :S

Old 02-07-2012, 09:39 PM
gforce2448

Very cool!

The center diff will improve handling but will pretty much eliminate any wheelies. I installed one in my Merv for that purpose. I run it mainly at the track and wanted to keep all four wheels on the ground. It does improve cornering quite a bit. I also like that I can change the angle of the truck while in the air when jumping, just by tapping the brake or throttle. This makes it easy to land jumps very smoothly or do front flips if you desire.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your Mini Revo.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Mpower25

ORIGINAL: gforce2448

Very cool!

The center diff will improve handling but will pretty much eliminate any wheelies. I installed one in my Merv for that purpose. I run it mainly at the track and wanted to keep all four wheels on the ground. It does improve cornering quite a bit. I also like that I can change the angle of the truck while in the air when jumping, just by tapping the brake or throttle. This makes it easy to land jumps very smoothly or do front flips if you desire.

thanks for the quick response.

about the low voltage cut off, do you know how to do it? how do i know is set correctly?

thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 07:24 PM
gforce2448

If your Merv didnt come with a manual you can go to Traxxas website. You should find how to set the esc properly on the support section. I've done it before but don't remember how. It's pretty simple, basically just pushing the esc button in a certain sequence.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mpower25

Very cool!

about the low voltage cut off, do you know how to do it? how do i know is set correctly?

thanks
While the esc is turned off hold the esc button for about 10 seconds untill the light turns from red to green. Red is for nimh and green is for lipo.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Mpower25

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

ORIGINAL: Mpower25

Very cool!

thanks
While the esc is turned off hold the esc button for about 10 seconds untill the light turns from red to green. Red is for nimh and green is for lipo.
thanks!
now something new happend... the stock servo 2080 went bad, what to do? hitec?
is good the hitec or just go ahead with the stock one.

also is direct fit a hitec micro servo?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:17 PM
J0EC00L

Mpower,
You're gonna want a hitec metal gear servo. Yes there is a direct fit. Ask skora or GForce, I know one of them ran theirs with one. I had one in mine, just can't remember the model. I think it ended in a 25?? Just make sure to get the metal gear servo, high torque!

Night and day compared to the traxxas. Just know that I think only a handful of hitec servos are waterproof... I could be wrong though, as I haven't done my research of recent, so double check to be sure.

Also. When it comes to upgrading your esc - the sidewinder by castle is perfect. You could put a mamba max pro. But it's pretty much overkill for the mini e Revo. Stick to a 1/10 esc! Unless............ You install the tenbol motor mount and go with a 1/8 size motor. Then you'll want the mamba max pro! But at that point, your pretty much asking to break everything on your merv.

Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.