Community
Search
Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

SIG Kadet Electric?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 02:00 PM
FlyUtah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIG Kadet Electric?

I am looking at getting a SIG Kadet to have around as a trainer to teach others with and was wondering if anyone has converted the 40 or 60 size to electric? Any thoughts or suggestions on if this would be a good candidate?

The only other electric I have is a Tiger Moth, everything I fly is glow, gas or kero so I'm not very familiar with electrics.

Thanks for the input.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 12-13-2011, 05:48 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SIG Kadet Electric?

Mark, you've posted your question in the electric to glow forum where people discuss converting electric planes to glow power. Your question is the other way around, which would be better handled in the glow to electric forum
Old 12-14-2011, 09:18 AM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The classic Kadet is rather heavily built to withstand trainer duty and may not be the best one to convert to electric. However, I think there there are variants that are designed for electric and are lighter built with open frames and lighter covering.

But since you are already into fuel power, why bother with electric? I have converted several electrics to glow, and glow and gas and gas/glow are my preference. JMHO.

Sincerely, Richard/Club Saito #635
Old 02-09-2012, 06:49 AM
beachflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one currently flying Kadet Senior as an electric that flys so slow it cartoonish. Made it lighter than stock and it was worth it. I built anotther on in 1993 that I modified with flaps, barn door ailerons and tail dragger. Flew with the same nicads till 2002. Loved that airplane. Over 5000 flight on her. Definitly worth doing.
Flight package on current one is 35/48 turnigy 800kv on 4cells turning a 15-4 apc.
weights in under 5 lbs without battery
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22387.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	1724965  
Old 02-09-2012, 06:53 AM
beachflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post