Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Summit

Old 02-09-2012, 03:13 PM
pyromatic177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Summit

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

The pos ez peak so ima have to get a new charger i know.
There's are few options for chargers and you don't have to spend a lot to get a decent one, I have a Surecharge 2010 and it's a good charger but it is a bit pricey and it doesn't have many features. Hyperion also makes some good chargers, again they are pricey but they do have things like storage charge. Then there is the Thunder AC6, this charger is CHEAP but from what I've seen they are great for they money.

If your looking around at different chargers and you just want something that will plug into a wall look for ones that are AC/DC otherwise you will need to buy a power supply to go with it and make sure it has balancing plugs of course

Surecharge 2010. I'm sure you could get a better deal on one of these if you looked around on ebay.
http://www.racers-edge.com/Racers_Ed.../rcesc2010.htm

Hyperion EOS0606I AC/DC Balance Charger
http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0606i-AC-DC.htm

Thunder AC6
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html
My friend just got the thunder ac6 charger and i love it. it works great!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Wow $50 for the thunder...sounds like a great deal to me! That will be the 1 i get...thanks.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:42 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Wow $50 for the thunder...sounds like a great deal to me! That will be the 1 i get...thanks.
You'll also need a Traxxas charge lead.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVPF2&P=7
Old 02-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Rare

That charger can only charge up to 5 amps and discharge at 1 amp. Not very powerful...I dont think you should cheap out on a charger. Get something good so you dont have to upgrade later. What if you want to charge multiple batteries? It would take forever at 5amps. Have you looked at the line of iChargers? Awesome chargers and powerful too. I have the 206B model rated at 300watts and 20 amp charge rate. Check them out [link]http://www.progressiverc.com/chargers[/link]

You would need a power supply if you went with a iCharger, also available on that same site.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:32 AM
hybridshocker74

Hey, I got 4 sets of nutz, when I paint the body for you I will give you the closest matching one possible...
Old 02-10-2012, 03:15 PM
stuball56

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

New Summit is available and it has the new TQi radio but apparently it does not have the docking base, that in true traxxas style will be sold separately. But the big news that I am excited about is that the Summit now comes with LOW VOLTAGE DETECTION!!!

Bit of a bummer that I only got my Summit 5 weeks ago but I don't really care about the radio and they did jack up the price a bit. I will be trying to get my hands on one of the new ESCs though, I hope they are churning them out fast enough to accommodate everybody who wants to add one to their Summits.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ESC-Batteries
That is a rediculous price! Almost 800 bucks just because it has that stupid new radio and a LVC? This sounds like a much better deal! Save $255 http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=2147 And buy this LVC for under 5 bucks shipped. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8S-Battery...item1e6b112b5b
I am just about to buy a Summit. I've had just about every RC car/truck style you can think of over the years and now want to get back into it with the Summit. But this has me way confused. Over $200 more just for the "special" radio? And LVC? That doesn't seem right. I may just hold off till this gets sorted out. Does the "new" Summit have any other upgrades over the old style? Is it actually just the radio? And you dont even get the dock, wow. Can't believe it. This is way misleading, you dont get any info that you are buying the old style, which also has different body.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:45 PM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

Stuball,
I have the 2.4 version (2011) bought it two months ago. I don't know of if there are any differences other than the ones you stated, but I can say the 2011 version is great. A new body shell and two lvc units is a lot cheaper IMO. You will have a blast. Not the fastest thing on the shelf but definately the most versatile all around.
Best of luck with your new purchase!
Jay
Old 02-10-2012, 04:59 PM
stuball56

Thanks for the info. I am getting myself one of those monsters. But may just wait a month or two. See if yet another version comes out.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:11 PM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

The most recent version is out.  Summit with TQi and EVX2 with Low Voltage Detection.  I doubt there will be any other model changes any time soon.  This recent change (TQi and LVD and Pro Grafix) is a couple of weeks or a month old.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Rare

I got my summit about a month ago...I guess I got the stock they were trying to get rid of. Cant complain though when LVAs are just a couple dollars. Id just buy the older model if you can and save some money.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

I got my summit for xmas for around $650 for the charger and all and i dont see how they can make it any better!!! No way i would spend $800 for the new 1!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:20 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Just to help clear things up if you have the pro graphics body it does not mean you have LVC. I'm pretty sure that if your truck comes with the TQi radio that it will definitely have LVC. It's kinda strange that they brought out the new body and then a few months later they bring out LVC and a new radio, I would have expected them to change it all in one go, they love to keep us guessing don't they.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:46 PM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

That is strange, kind of a in between model. I caught mine on sale at tower with a $50 discount and free shipping it was $435. I see they have all three versions on towers site. (three different prices anyway). If they put out a VXL model it would be 1k? It would cost $1,100 to drop a castle system into it (Truck+MMM system) ouch!
Jay
Old 02-11-2012, 05:32 AM
zaintlouis

Is there any upgrade for the pinion and spur to get more torque? am not thinking of using dual motors. if you got the link pls share.

what's the voltage supply for the LED lights? 6v? or it uses a regulator for 4.5? i think the led light's are in series connection?
i bought this summit for just a hundred$ with no wires from the receiver to the LED's. it only had a damage Left Steering servo, i have temporarily put an mg995 metal gear servo. it's all working well now anyway should it be best just to buy the original servo or get an hitec metal gear and h2O proof it?
Old 02-12-2012, 04:33 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Installed the new waterproof hitec servos tonight, only had a quick drive to make sure it's all working but they feel really good, turning the big joes with ease.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:47 AM
pyromatic177

Those look nice Kenny. it's a good combo with the big joe's and everything
Old 02-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Rare

Hey guys, i know a few of you are considering the Xerun 150amp ESC BL System and I know Dale has it already. But, i have a thread up in the off road electric section showing pics of the ESC disassembled. Im trying to figure out how to waterproof this thing. Its not like other ESCs that people have waterproofed. Please check it out and let me know what you think....
Old 02-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Wow those servos look massive!!! So I was thinking of maybe gettin a hummer h1 body for my summit. Ive googled it and cant seem to find any good sites that have a good selection. Any1 know of any places I can look that has a wide variety of summit aftermarket bodys?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:44 PM
CR500rider

ORIGINAL: Rare

Hey guys, i know a few of you are considering the Xerun 150amp ESC BL System and I know Dale has it already. But, i have a thread up in the off road electric section showing pics of the ESC disassembled. Im trying to figure out how to waterproof this thing. Its not like other ESCs that people have waterproofed. Please check it out and let me know what you think....
Corrosion-X

So I was thinking of maybe gettin a hummer h1 body for my summit. Ive googled it and cant seem to find any good sites that have a good selection. Any1 know of any places I can look that has a wide variety of summit aftermarket bodys?
Any body that will fit the E revo will fit the summit
Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

So I was thinking of maybe gettin a hummer h1 body for my summit. Ive googled it and cant seem to find any good sites that have a good selection. Any1 know of any places I can look that has a wide variety of summit aftermarket bodys?
Any body that will fit the E revo will fit the summit
Umm the summit has different body mounts and a different front bumper mount so revo bodies will NOT fit the summit.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:12 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

Those look nice Kenny. it's a good combo with the big joe's and everything [img][/img]
Thanks Pyro, I can always count on you for a compliment. You're always nice like that, if karma did exist a brushless system would fall out of the sky and into your lap for your build.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:01 AM
pyromatic177

ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

Those look nice Kenny. it's a good combo with the big joe's and everything [img][/img]
Thanks Pyro, I can always count on you for a compliment. You're always nice like that, if karma did exist a brushless system would fall out of the sky and into your lap for your build.
No prob. I just love to see pictures of what people do to there car. And like the hot girl said in the valentines commercial for the super bowl. Give, And You Shall Recieve,,,LOL
Old 02-13-2012, 06:07 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Umm the summit has different body mounts and a different front bumper mount so revo bodies will NOT fit the summit.
Yes, and no. The body post mounts are in the same location. The Summit uses a different set of mounts, but they are easily swapped out to fit a different body.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:52 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

Yes, and no. The body post mounts are in the same location. The Summit uses a different set of mounts, but they are easily swapped out to fit a different body.

I agree with you but they aren't a direct fit. The front bumper mount also sits a little higher so if you had the revo body mounts on your summit I dare say you would have to cut away a fair amount of the grill on most revo bodies to make it fit. The only aftermarket body I have seen on a summit in videos and stuff is the GMC Topkick from proline and you would need shorter body posts for that as well, it does look pretty swell though. All said and done I love the stock summit body with the roll cage and all, it's hands down the best traxxas body there is.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:24 AM
pyromatic177

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

I agree with you but they aren't a direct fit. The front bumper mount also sits a little higher so if you had the revo body mounts on your summit I dare say you would have to cut away a fair amount of the grill on most revo bodies to make it fit. The only aftermarket body I have seen on a summit in videos and stuff is the GMC Topkick from proline and you would need shorter body posts for that as well, it does look pretty swell though. All said and done I love the stock summit body with the roll cage and all, it's hands down the best traxxas body there is.
Yeah they do not make a lot of bodies for the Summit

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.