Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Flybarless Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Issues with Tarot ZYX FBL system

Community
Search
Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

Issues with Tarot ZYX FBL system

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Chopper Chuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with Tarot ZYX FBL system

Good day everyone:
I've been working on setting up a TRex 450 SE V2 with a Tarot ZYX FBL system. The short version is that everything functions as would be expected regarding how the gyro corrects for various attitude movement of the heli when the heli is held and moved around by hand. in other words, the swash moves properly to maintain stable flight. However, upon spool up, just as the heli is getting light enough to go airborne, it does a severe ( and ultra quick!) forward cyclic pitch movement, the main rotor blades touch ground in front and I have to kill throttle. Earlier on, this was happening with cyclic roll to starboard, with the main
blades hitting the ground on the starboard side. I changed the aileron servo out, which moved this behavior up to the pitch axis as described above. Ive done a little tweaking in the programming software via USB link to no avail. I am hoping that someone may have suggestions for alleviating this issue.

Thanks, Chopper Chuck
Old 02-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Chopper Chuck

Default RE: Issues with Tarot ZYX FBL system

Reply to my own Post:
Problem solved: moved the FBL conversion to another of my TRex 450's with complete success. I'll sort out the issue on the other 450 at another point in time. I'm guessing it's a combination of servos and perhaps an issue with the swashplate itself.
The setup process on the Tarot system was very straightforward using the USB link and PC software. I haven't had a chance to fly it full-on outdoors yet. However, did a bunch of hovering in my buddy's basement and it was very easy to manage indoors , even at eye-level. it's very cool looking too and I'm sure that I'll be converting the rest of my heli collection very soon.

Regards.
Chop
Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 PM
tacomaboy

Chuck...did you ever find the cause of this issue ?

I am having the EXACTsame problem, and have already damaged two helis....cant find a solution.

Please advise.

Thanx

Gary
Old 05-14-2012, 08:12 AM
lcc014

Have you upgrade ZYX firmware ? I have ZYX in my 250 (with latest firmware) and have not had any problem during spool up/lift off. I thing though, after ZYX is initialized, I do not touch the cyclic stick or rudder stick. I see some people like to wiggle the cyclic stick and rudder stick to ensure RX and servos are working fine. I don't do that and increase throttle stick to lift off.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:40 AM
THEHELIDUDE60

Be sure to check your piro optimization and FBL box position. Take off your blades and spool it up in your hand and see how the swash reacts to different stick movement and orientations.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Solman

I was told the same thing about not moving the sticks after initialization. Not sure if it really makes a difference, but I do it that way. Part of your problem is that you may be taking off too slow. When it gets light on the skids, it can get confused. You have to pop it up quick off the ground. Not saying go full throttle, but once it spools up at half throttle, pop it off the ground. The only problem I had during setup was adjusting the tail gyro. I wasn't sure if it was done through the gyro or through the radio. I finally figured it out that it goes through the radio.