Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

msrx help

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 06:16 AM
IslandScott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default msrx help

Just got the msrx. Successfully flown the Scout cx. I know, big difference. Question. After lift off, copter tilts left and therefore slides sideways. Doesn't rotate.
Something I can adjust to stop? Any help appreciated.
Wanted to add, indoors, no cieling fans, a/c off and windows closed. No air moving.

Scott
Old 02-15-2012, 01:26 AM
Charlie

Default RE: msrx help

After lift off, copter tilts left and therefore slides sideways. Doesn't rotate.
Something I can adjust to stop?
I assume you have the radio that comes with it?

The heli will always have a little tilt to it, have you tried adjusting the trim tab? If you
have your trim all the way over and it's still drifting your going to have to adjust the length of the servo
arms on the heli (make sure your trim tad is set to center before you adjust them).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26860.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1727293  
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 AM
kfrisbee

Hi Scott,

You got yourself a great little heli in my opinion! I started with a coax, then a 120 SR, then a V911, then the mSRX.

First off, the mSRX is a completely different beast than the coaxial heli's. It will not hover hands off nor is it anywhere near as stable as the coax. It is completely normal for the mSRX to tilt to the left. It is also normal for this heli to skid to the left on take off. You will need to give it a little bit of right stick (aileron) at takeoff. Once it is in the air you will need to fly the heli with tiny little adjustments to keep it in a hover. It should not need any trim to keep in a hover, it WILL need 100% concentration until you have control. It is very easy to over correct and when the mSRX gets going it goes FAST!!! You can't just let go of the sticks for it to go into a hover. If you tell the heli to go one direction, you need to tell it to stop or it will keep going that way, usually faster and faster and faster until - well you know...

All that being said, once you "get it" it is a very very fun heli to fly inside and outside as long as there isn't heavy wind (over 10mph).

I have only been flying heli's since Christmas and have had the mSRX for a little over 2 weeks. I can hover in all orientations and not lose it very often. I am finally learning to do right and left turns at slow speeds. The mSRX isn't an easy heli, but once you learn to fly it you will have the knowledge to fly anything that doesn't go upside down (on purpose).

OH! Make sure you have the links on the short balls on the swash, they come out of the box on long balls. Also, if you are using the stock TX (which I am) put it in low rates mode by pushing in on the right stick, this will make the light on the TX blink.

Have fun and make sure you have extra blade grips as the balls break on them fairly easily.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Rustproofcorn

Nevermind