Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

HORRIBLE CRASH!.. what to do now!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

HORRIBLE CRASH!.. what to do now!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 03:56 PM
JawzSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HORRIBLE CRASH!.. what to do now!

Well.... im new to RC draging and today was the first day i took my megatech darkthunder out into a VERYLARGE, WIDEOPENparking lot to get a couple runs in...

and so the worst possible scenario happens.. throttle gets stuck.. WOT! .. it was a big parking lot.. but none of them are endless, of course... ANNNND she hit the curb at about 60mph...head on!!

the front wing and front part of chassis are completely bent upwards. All other parts are intact (which is a miracle in itself). However, this car is discontinued so I was thinking... should I just get another chassis from one of the better known drag car companies? and swap my parts from the megatech over to the new chassis?

I was looking at grandmotorsports.com, rccarkings.com, teamwalbern.com, and randersonengineering.com

any opinions on any of these.. I purchased the megatech as my first dragster to get my feet wet with this particular style of RC.. however did expect to fall in and almost drown right away..lol

help the newb out here guys!

thanks,
Jeff

Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 PM
maggio

Default RE: HORRIBLE CRASH!.. what to do now!

I dont Think the 2 speed from that dragster will fit the high end drag cars , Personally I would just start over and go with a walbern or A-51 car ect. If you are on a budget or just dont want to spend alot because you want to try out drag racing before you spend alot of money then there are alot of NICE used cars on the market. I personally only buy used stuff from people I know but you can always find good deals.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:23 PM
zakkwylde123

i think rj speed is better dude, check them out  $169 for Pro mod, Pro stock, Funny Car, Rail Car all the nitro kits are $169. I just built my own 32 inch rail dragster and i have a spare CEN motor kickin around i may pick up one of those Pro Stock kits its dirt cheap! check them out!
Old 02-15-2012, 02:50 PM
maggio

RJ Speed is a Good ENTRY level kit , If you plan on making any kind of power you will need to change out the hubs and axle to aluminum clamping style hubs, also would buy bearings for the front and back Which the higher end drag cars come with all the above.