Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

E Flight F-86 Sabre

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 04:03 AM
omra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E Flight F-86 Sabre

Hi guys,just a quick question.I have just finished the E Flight sabre and would like to run a seperate receiver battery pack & on/off switch to run the servos only,allowing the main lipo 4s to run the motor.Do I need todo anything differently?? and will the lipo pack still power up the reciever as it does now? or do you disconnect one of the wires from the speed controller to the reciever??
Any help much appreciated.

Regards OMRA
Old 02-19-2012, 04:37 AM
rcmiket

Default RE: E Flight F-86 Sabre

You'll need to disable the the BEC in the ESC. Pulling the red wire on the ESC plug will do that. Normally I just use a 3inch extension with the red wire cut. Other wise you flight pack would be installed as usual. First turn on the flight pack then pull in your LiPo.
Mike
Old 02-19-2012, 04:45 AM
omra

Thankyou mike.So just pull out the red wire of the speed controller yeah,will I still need to disable the BEC?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:57 AM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

That's all you need to do. The main danger was that the BEC would fight (or charge) the on board RX battery (which you don't want). Removing the red wire connection effectively disables the BEC function of the ESC as far as the RX is concerned. No need to change anything else on your ESC.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:49 PM
omra

Thank you for the post wind junkie,much appreciated,didn't want to disconnect anything and end up with a problem!! :-)
Thanks again.
Regards
OMRA