Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Captured YOSEGAKI SILK FLAG

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Captured YOSEGAKI SILK FLAG

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 12:29 PM
DirtyBird69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Captured YOSEGAKI SILK FLAG

If anyone is interested I might be "considering" selling myyosegaki flag. It was pulled off a enemy soldier my great uncle killedin a hand to hand fight whilein the south pacific. This is the REAL DEAL...it's got blood stains and even a bullet hole!My great UncIe died shortly after the war ended in a car crash so any info about his unit and what not has been lost. If you know how to find that out, PM me and I can give you his name and hometown(I'd love to know). I'm not sure if If I'll let this go or not(it won't be cheap),but if the price is rightI mightconsider it. It measures about 26" by 32". There are a lot of fakes out there, and those that are real very few are actually combat proven flags such as this!...PM/emailme if there's any interest...I thought I'd post here before I messed with eBay...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50680.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	1730746   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xo90376.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	1730747  
Old 02-23-2012, 05:11 PM
takevin

Default RE: Captured YOSEGAKI SILK FLAG

Something as unique as that I would keep in the family.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:37 PM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I think I'll have to agree on that one. Not knowing you ore how you feel about ww2 in general , I think if you mange to dig up the story behind this , it's out there somewhere , that thing is a keeper.
When I hear story's about how ww2 stuff was thrown away after the wear ended, it makes me sad. But I understand to, people just wanted to get it out of sight and mind.
Where I live my wife's father told me that his dad threw away 3 guns that were hidden under the house, when my wife's father, as a child , dug them up up while playing in the sand.
The only ww2 thing I can brag about is a sept 1942 arthur berton first aid field dressing.

good luck with whatever you do.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DB This really needs to go to an authorized auction house, It may be far more worth than you think.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I think many of us who have an interest in those times of our fathers and grandfathers seek items that might connect us to them.
It would be a grand item to be the centerpiece of anyone's collection. But that's all it will ever be to any of us not part of the family
of the man who captured it. Do what you must but once it is gone it is gone. My counsel would be to honor the man and keep it in the
family.

Jerry
Old 02-24-2012, 12:31 AM
no12skyline

It seems odd to me, because the writing on the flag comprises almost entirely of Chinese characters (Kanji), and does not have any Hiragana or Katakana characters, look at the Japanese language section of your Tamiya manuals and you can tell the difference.

*edit* more research and I've found there are other flags that are marked like this one. Pardon my ignorance of history.

[link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Luck_Flag]Good Luck Flag[/link]
Old 02-24-2012, 04:04 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: no12skyline

It seems odd to me, because the writing on the flag comprises almost entirely of Chinese characters (Kanji), and does not have any Hiragana or Katakana characters, look at the Japanese language section of your Tamiya manuals and you can tell the difference.

*edit* more research and I've found there are other flags that are marked like this one. Pardon my ignorance of history.

[link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Luck_Flag]Good Luck Flag[/link]
Easy mistake...Kanji is one of Japan's 3 character sets. Hiragana and Katakana are the other two. Kanji does have its roots in Chinese characters, but it is Japanese.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:49 AM
briz

Dont sell ! Keep it in your family...pass it down.I have two Arisaka rifles(with Mum intact) that I have acquired over the years...both made in the city (Nagoya) were my step-father was born. I would like to consider them as family hierlooms.....even though I bought them. I would be upset if one of my hiers went and sold them......would like them to be passed down and kept in the family.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

There is a flag like that in my family somewhere, some cousin has it.  I remember seeing it as a kid.  One of my uncles in the Marine Corps came home from the PTO with it.    He died in a USMC air crash just after the war so I never heard the story behind it.  Even though I have not seen it in years I am happy to know it is in the family. 

Keep it for your kids or grand kids.   

If you must sell it, try to sell it to a museum first.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:14 AM
DirtyBird69

well I'm not desparate to sell  it that's for sure...just kinda testing the waters...thinking about selling it and actually selling it are two different things..