Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electro-stik throws

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 04:27 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electro-stik throws

What are all using for throws on your electro-stik by GP?

This came up as I was putting my stik together because the throws were way too much according to the manual.

I have the rxr version with pre-installed servos and arms and horns. It uses 3rd hole in servo arms and rudder and elevator horns like the manual shows. The manual specs out (hi-rate) elevator 1/4 and 1/4 inch up and down
(hi-rate) rudder 1-1/8 and 1-1/8 R and L

When I tested it the thows were about double of the specs for hi-rates. I changed the servo holes AND the horn holes and the throws are still way higher than the manual calls for. Is this normal for a stik?

Does anyone use far higher angles than stock? I fly everything on high rates , but usually mine are very close to what the books call for. I can't imagine me (fairly newb) using more throws than the book says. I did try to compare angles with the big stik , but the big stik manual only lists distances which seem just a bit more than the smaller electro-stik.

The degrees in the electro-stik manual are rudder 50 degrees both ways which looks normal to me and elevator 10 degrees both ways which looks much lower than normal to me. I'm comparing to all my other planes.

I imagine that stiks are very popular and many have run into this before. All else on this plane went smoothly. I can't wait to try it out. I can't decide whether it is ugly or pretty , but I like it.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:10 PM
lorih

Default RE: Electro-stik throws

I used the throws listed in the manual and had no problems. Did you by chance make the old mistake of adjusting the holes in the wrong direction? Remember, using the OUTER holes on the control surface DECREASES throw. Using the INNER holes on the servo DECREASES throw. So, if you have WAY too much throw, try using the INNER holes on the servos and the OUTER holes on the control surface. Then adjust as needed.

Cliff
Old 02-24-2012, 02:16 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Electro-stik throws

Thanks for confirming the throws in the manual, that's what I have them set at to start (hi-rate setting)

From the recommended holes I moved them both in the right direction. I did also study the shape and size of the elevator and I can see why it uses a small amount. It is a wide large elevator compared to my other planes. I'm sure it'll work just fine. I was just surprised to see it so far from the recommended holes on the factory installed servos and wondered why.