Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Hyper 10-TT / Castle MMP & 1410 3800 4-pole

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 05:05 PM
brianjskora
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 10-TT / Castle MMP & 1410 3800 4-pole

Quick Review of my new Hyper 10-TT with Castle MMP & 1410 4-pole 3800 KV motor. 5mm shaft. 15t Pinion. Short test in a parking lot.

Track video coming soon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j17vqCGUFsE[/youtube]
Old 02-24-2012, 05:37 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hyper 10-TT / Castle MMP & 1410 3800 4-pole

Sounds great, Good job.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:52 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice, I want one.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:31 PM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice truck! I'm sure it will be great on the track.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:52 PM
JRockZ

ORIGINAL: crazy nick

Nice truck! I'm sure it will be great on the track.
I hear they are great on the track, a dirt track anyhow,, I ran mine on a track that was layed out with PVC tubing on hard solid concrete and has wood ramps, some bigh ones at that 8'Lx3-4'H along with some smaller ramps as whoops and i just kept breaking A-Arms, i finally gave up with it and sold it, especially after i sent ofna pics of an A-Arm that obviously had an air pocket in it or it didnt cure right, totally an obvious defect and Ofna was like well ok we will give you one new set of a-arms,, man they are 9 bucks i can buy them i didnt need ofna to send me some but i did have to fight with them just to get that,,, I was trying to explain that there was obviously a problem there and that i would send the a-arm in for them to check out. What i wanted was some stronger a-arms that would fit, i was hoping something from another ofna RC would work but apparently none do.
Anyhow it is a great truck just not for a basher like me, it was way to heavy. The guy i sold it to also found the rear diff housing was cracked too but i blame that for the pancake landings on hard concrete from 6-7ft high jumps lol.
The TT is a great race truck no doubt however im a basher and as you see above my LHS track is pretty makeshift but still a blast.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:27 AM
brianjskora
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks Everyone-

Jrockz- I've heard the a-arms can be trouble... I wish RPM made something for them... I boiled all the a-arms, bumpers, and knuckles for 45 minutes so I've heard that can help but never tried it.

My track is pretty small, all dirt, so hopefully it wont be too bad. Looking forward to see how it handles!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:09 PM
JRockZ

ORIGINAL: brianjskora

Thanks Everyone-

Jrockz- I've heard the a-arms can be trouble... I wish RPM made something for them... I boiled all the a-arms, bumpers, and knuckles for 45 minutes so I've heard that can help but never tried it.

My track is pretty small, all dirt, so hopefully it wont be too bad. Looking forward to see how it handles!
Boiled mine too no help i broke an upper arm in the 1st 5 mins of running it,,, wasnt even running fast i was running horizontal along a tennis court net and a wheel snagged the net and flipped it over when i picked it up the arm was busted in two.
A guy at my LHS has one too and he's not broken an arm yet and he's run it quite a bit, infact he's been running it still on the original tires they are bald and have been a while but today he finally wore one all the way through to the foams,, He is a much much better driver than me so maybe that accounts for the damage could never get mine to land smoothly or flat it was always on an arm or the front bumper or mostly on the roof lol.