Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

3Ders are so dangerous! Brotherhood of Circle Flyers

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

3Ders are so dangerous! Brotherhood of Circle Flyers

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 09:54 PM
3DHUSKER
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3Ders are so dangerous! Brotherhood of Circle Flyers

ORIGINAL: SeaJay

Ok, Fellas I am a confused flyer, as I don't know my place... I thought I was a Circle flyer, but most of my circles are on the Vertical axis, and not the Horizontal axis!! am I a budding 3D pilot, or a Circle flyer with Dyscirclia??

BTW, Crash... loved the Narriation in that Vid!!

Craig.
Dyscirclia is what I was diagnosed with early on. If they don't get it under control soon it will stick with you for the rest of your life as it morfs into hovertourqurolllitapox and you will have coma like symptoms of the thousand mile stare.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:45 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The Ultimate that crashed in post #7......that thing didn't show any sign of recovery even though it looked like it had enough elevation to at least pull off a belly flop.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:41 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Videos with multiple replays (even more than reality crash shows), and super slow-mo to boot:

Videos with Pro Bros:

+1 crash99!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:01 AM
kerwin50

Guys please don't hate me, some of my best friends are circle fliers, and I'm one of those FOG's. I admit I've even assoicated with FOG circle flyers.
Now I've tried to 3D fly to no avail, and I guess thats what has made me the danerous one.
Still I've had more problems from your aerobatic flyers than I ever had from FOG's and circle fliers.
I get out there and try to hover and harrier and the likes. Only to have these aerobatic snobs make rude remarks and judge me like I'm an IMAC pilot and turn their nose up at me.
Mean while your circle flyers, FOG's and 3D fliers, tell me nice try.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:26 AM
dgholmes59

ORIGINAL: kerwin50

Yes 3D flyers are very dangerous. they get out there and start doing all this 3D flying and the next thing you know your out there buying a 3D plane and your wallet starts getting dangerously low.
I know they did that to me.
Even though I'll never be a 3D flyer and always be a want to be.
O the pain of it all.
Why couldn't you guys have left me as a circle flyer instead of getting out there and having all this fun and even providing all this fun to others.
I would have to agree with you. 3D flying is what got me into RC airplanes a couple of years ago. Now I fly 3D, circle, IMAC, pylon racing and have 9 airplanes with one being a 55cc extra 260. And I love every aspect of each of the styles of flying. Those dang 3D flyers cost me a small fortune. with fist in the air, "curse you 3D pilots, curse you"

Old 02-25-2012, 08:57 AM
flyboy138

I fly 3D down at my field when I bring her down pop it up in a hover in front of me I feel a lot safer then the circle flyer next to me that comes in and about takes our heads off?????
Old 02-25-2012, 09:03 AM
combatpigg

3D is what saved me from burn out from flying RC sport planes. When Morris Hobbies first came on the scene I got the SuDoKoi kit, demo video and the Rossi .45 that he made part of a package deal.
The SuDoKoi was a good 3D trainer, I still have it. A little on the heavy side, but built to take some rough handling by a 3D novice looking for stick time.
A lot of wisdom went into that Tom Stryker design and building the kit was an educational experience for how light certain parts can be built and still be strong enough for the forces of flight.
After beating the tar out of that engine for many years I called Morris for replacement parts and spoke with Mr Morris himself. I let him know how much I enjoyed having been introduced to 3D and really thanked him a lot. At the end of the conversation I asked him what the bill was for the rebuild kit for the engine and he told me the engine was still under warrantee.......
Well, that was too nice of him but he made a customer and a fan of his for life.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:34 PM
SeaJay

Uh Oh, Not the dreaded hovertorqurollilasjvn ohhh no, it's getting so bad I can't even say it correctly.... I think I have been suffering from some early symptoms of hovertorqunazkz Akk.... it;s getting worse, and I have been noticing some of the symptoms you listed for quite awhile now!!!! Is there a cure, or at least something to slow the progression of this dreaded disease???

Craig.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:51 PM
3DHUSKER

ORIGINAL: SeaJay

Is there a cure, or at least something to slow the progression of this dreaded disease???

Craig.

No known cure...... The only thing that eases the pain is MORE stick time.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:51 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Oh my God, those videos are living evidence that circle flyers can be more dangerous than 3D
Old 02-25-2012, 02:03 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Man you guys don't know what danger is !!!

I was just out to the field to do some ski flying., and its located at the end T of a long flat stretch of county road, for the third time in about 3 years someone has flown off the road, jumped the ditch, bashed thru the steel gate, and drove across the field and runway...

I am still trying to figure out who to blame, because they did make a big arcing circle turn thru the cornfield ..BUT I know from the looks of the tracks, they were DEFINITELY doing some abrupt direction changes with at least one high aspect angle launch !!!

thankfully they didn't do any drag racing on our petrol mat runway this time...
Old 02-25-2012, 04:28 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

In my experience, 3D flyers can and often ARE a danger. The worst thing is some of you guys should know better....you make fun of the circle flyers that "nearly take your head off with thier plane" but these are inexperienced pilots that may just be learning....the 3D guys on the other hand knows what he is doing ( or should anyway) and yet you will find them hovering in your face or all over the runway in front of the pilot boxes. I have been nearly mid-aired on more than one occaision by these 3D types and I had one incident where Captian Ding-A-Ling stacked up his 3D bag of balsa on the runway effectively shutting it down, which is all well and good if I had not been up flying my turbine equipment. Did I manage to land "around" his newly kitted aircraft, sure, but I should not have had too.

I say live and let live, right up until you stop me from doing the same....if you are going to fly 3D so be it, to each his own...but lets do it in the pattern and not in everyones face!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Propworn

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Actually looking through the thread the only WAAA WAAAing I see is from the 3D bunch complaining about everyone else. This is all sort of redundant don't you think? Isn't bad behavior supposed to be regulated by each club? Each club should have a definite set of rules each member must sign that they have read, understood and agree to abide by as a condition of their membership. Wear out your welcome see ya later, get along and everyone has a good time. It becomes self regulating. Our club follows this system and there is plenty of time for every discipline to fly as much as they want.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:04 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: InboundLZ

In my experience, 3D flyers can and often ARE a danger. The worst thing is some of you guys should know better....you make fun of the circle flyers that ''nearly take your head off with thier plane'' but these are inexperienced pilots that may just be learning....the 3D guys on the other hand knows what he is doing ( or should anyway) and yet you will find them hovering in your face or all over the runway in front of the pilot boxes. I have been nearly mid-aired on more than one occaision by these 3D types and I had one incident where Captian Ding-A-Ling stacked up his 3D bag of balsa on the runway effectively shutting it down, which is all well and good if I had not been up flying my turbine equipment. Did I manage to land ''around'' his newly kitted aircraft, sure, but I should not have had too.

I say live and let live, right up until you stop me from doing the same....if you are going to fly 3D so be it, to each his own...but lets do it in the pattern and not in everyones face!
Could it be that 3D isnt really the "problem" there , but that one selfish pilot's attitude IS ????

We have all seen inconsiderate behavior from people of all walks of life , and I'm not yet ready to declare that any one group has a monopoly on rude , antisocial behavior .

Of course , Hovering over an active runway is just plain rude , but I hasten to judge an entire flying style by the actions of a couple of jerks . Yes , we have 3D flying at the club I belong to , , and yes , we have considerate flyers who will stay out of the pattern when hovering , so no , there is no "3D problem" where I fly ....

Now , If everyone could just be trained to take their old coffee cups and other trash with them when they leave , , , , Ah well , , at least they dont hover over an active runway
Old 02-25-2012, 06:36 PM
jessiej

I find that I dislike all forms of model aircraft equally when they are flown by jerks.

jess
Old 02-25-2012, 08:01 PM
cfircav8r
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: init4fun

In my experience, 3D flyers can and often ARE a danger. The worst thing is some of you guys should know better....you make fun of the circle flyers that ''nearly take your head off with thier plane'' but these are inexperienced pilots that may just be learning....the 3D guys on the other hand knows what he is doing ( or should anyway) and yet you will find them hovering in your face or all over the runway in front of the pilot boxes. I have been nearly mid-aired on more than one occaision by these 3D types and I had one incident where Captian Ding-A-Ling stacked up his 3D bag of balsa on the runway effectively shutting it down, which is all well and good if I had not been up flying my turbine equipment. Did I manage to land ''around'' his newly kitted aircraft, sure, but I should not have had too.

Could it be that 3D isnt really the ''problem'' there , but that one selfish pilot's attitude IS ????

We have all seen inconsiderate behavior from people of all walks of life , and I'm not yet ready to declare that any one group has a monopoly on rude , antisocial behavior .

Of course , Hovering over an active runway is just plain rude , but I hasten to judge an entire flying style by the actions of a couple of jerks . Yes , we have 3D flying at the club I belong to , , and yes , we have considerate flyers who will stay out of the pattern when hovering , so no , there is no ''3D problem'' where I fly ....

Now , If everyone could just be trained to take their old coffee cups and other trash with them when they leave , , , , Ah well , , at least they dont hover over an active runway
Amen brother. That is what I have been saying all along. We ALL need to show some respect and consideration for others and can have a blast, without increasing the risk and ruining other pilots day.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:01 PM
combatpigg

ORIGINAL: jessiej

I find that I dislike all forms of model aircraft equally when they are flown by jerks.

jess
AMEN..!

The guys who felt their spare time and air space was worth more than everyone else's were some of the pattern flyers before any 3D Primadonnas were even born.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:20 PM
3DHUSKER

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

jess
AMEN..!

The guys who felt their spare time and air space was worth more than everyone else's were some of the pattern flyers before any 3D Primadonnas were even born.

You noticed that also?

A jerk is a jerk no matter what he is doing.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:41 PM
SeaJay

ORIGINAL: 3DHUSKER

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

jess
AMEN..!

You noticed that also?

A jerk is a jerk no matter what he is doing.
+2

Old 02-26-2012, 03:44 AM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

The "fun police" are real beings .
Old 02-26-2012, 03:52 AM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Propworn

Well now another touch and no go

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqzuhUVtzwM&feature=related[/youtube]
I love the version of Seseme Street in this vid. who plays it? where can i get it ?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:26 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

I have been nearly mid-aired on more than one occaision by these 3D types and I had one incident where Captian Ding-A-Ling stacked up his 3D bag of balsa on the runway effectively shutting it down, which is all well and good if I had not been up flying my turbine equipment. Did I manage to land ''around'' his newly kitted aircraft, sure, but I should not have had too.

I just can't even imagine the gall of these 3D flyers.
To think that this pilot would be inconsiderate enough to crash his plane right in the middle of the runway so that you had be inconvenienced during the landing of your jet. My god...what is this world coming to?

Gee...I have never seen a person fly 3D in a pattern. Do you have some videos of this? Haw

Greg
Old 02-26-2012, 10:44 AM
combatpigg

ORIGINAL: OldRookie

I have been nearly mid-aired on more than one occaision by these 3D types and I had one incident where Captian Ding-A-Ling stacked up his 3D bag of balsa on the runway effectively shutting it down, which is all well and good if I had not been up flying my turbine equipment. Did I manage to land ''around'' his newly kitted aircraft, sure, but I should not have had too.

I just can't even imagine the gall of these 3D flyers.
To think that this pilot would be inconsiderate enough to crash his plane right in the middle of the runway so that you had be inconvenienced during the landing of your jet. My god...what is this world coming to?

Gee...I have never seen a person fly 3D in a pattern. Do you have some videos of this? Haw

Greg
The general idea is that if you are doing the bulk of your flying away from the runway instead of directly over the runway then the chances of scattering the runway with a wrecked plane are much slimmer.
I'll only "hog the runway" for a minute or 2 if nobody else is planning on going up. On a busy day, I'm happy to hover and fool around down range from the runway.
I've never understood the need to hover with the plane right in my face and would never dream of exposing any other pilots to that sort of risk.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:38 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

The general idea is that InboundLZ is a self centered azz.

Unless hovering over the runway is specifically forbidden at his flying field, he is totally in the wrong, and to believe that the 3D flyer has the audacity to make a mess on the runway just as he was ready to land, proves he is a self centered azz.

Seeing as flying between the runway and flight stations is forbidden, flying over the runway is the perfect distance. Not difficult to understand at all for most of us.

Greg
Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 PM
combatpigg

ORIGINAL: OldRookie

Unless hovering over the runway is specifically forbidden at his flying field, he is totally in the wrong.......

Seeing as flying between the runway and flight stations is forbidden, flying over the runway is the perfect distance.

Greg
So, unless it is strictly forbidden, you think that hovering over the runway with other flyers concentrating on their own planes is safe..?
Except for landings, takeoffs and announced touch and goes [with other pilot's present at the pilots stations] none of the fields I fly at condone prolonged flight right over the runway unless they are having a fun fly event. The bulk of the flying should be down range of the runway.

Anyone who thinks that hovering right over the runway with other pilots busy flying their own planes is a clueless moron.
If you are amongst like minded flyers who are all onboard with "group hovers" over the runway, then of course have at it. Just don't mindlessly, or foolishly expose other flyers to that sort of risk and expect them to be happy with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.