Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Tamiya RC Toyota Bruiser #58519

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:09 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya RC Toyota Bruiser #58519

Unlike its predacessors (the Ford F350, Toyota Tundra, and Toyota Hi-Lift), the Buiser switches out of 4WD and into 2WD in 2nd and 3rd gear.

The details and body work seem so classic!

I wanted one back in 1985, but now that I'm older and make enough moeny, I will be certainly buying this kit.

Funny - I have been mulling and stalling and procrastinating over deciding what kind of 4WD truck I want, and I went to the TamiyaUSA web site to check out other things; info on body sets. When the home page showed the Hog Heaven truck, I couldn't resist. In fact, the moment I saw re-release, I completely forgot what I came to look for on their web site.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-FJ-MAGkeM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I am so super conflicted - I want the factory-stock body, but yet I either want it special and unique or totally custom.

Ideas?
Old 02-15-2012, 10:15 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Default RE: Tamiya RC Toyota Bruiser #58519

Along with the subtle changes, I noticed that Tamiya has decided to use the Toyota Hi-Lift body set, since that thing has clear front turning blinkers, and the original Buiser body makes everyone paint the solid plastic part a white color.

I sure hope I can install the MFU unit inside this re-re!!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 AM
trf

I know it sounds like a troll...but it happend the same to me...one evening I was just review the tamiyablog site...and I saw this re-release...I was soooo happy, I almost couldn't sleep that night...and the next day I was reading the rccrawler forum...and just discover another great release from rc4wd: Trail Finder2 ... almost or the same bruiser ideea, half price, almost identical body and only 2 speed...but don't really understand the 2'nd gear...looks too speedy for a truck like this (it will transform the truck into a slash alike)...
Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Yeah - I saw a custom bruiser build web site, and everything seems to be the same as the original bruiser, except the tranny. It was also some aftermarket two speed, and it is so small compared to the original one.