Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 04:13 AM
auto2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

no. its the castle 2028 motor
Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM
kyleandtavion
My Feedback: (64)

I have both of my Losi 5ives for sale in the marketplace
Old 01-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Automan

Stay away from those x-can's, what i heard they are even worse then stock pipe. Much better to save up and get a real tunepipe, and buying a jetpro you get most bang for your money.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:16 PM
kochj

I would really like to have a twin in this mother....what fun that would be....
If someone would come up with a cheap conversion for the use of the RCMK twins to install them in the losi....now that would be great....
680$ for the twins and 200$ for a conversion....nice...

The oniel one includes everything though..(motors mounts, and cluth (I think)...And is around 1,800.
Either way....these larger trucks would beni... from a drop in 50-60cc engine....single...

Here is the RCMK twin. 60cc this is the updated one..
http://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=56
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12265.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1723850  
Old 02-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Al Morancy

Been busy lately sorry for the slow reply, I got the SV 0236 for steering and had ordered the 235 for throttle, the 235 is on back order from Savox and they couldn't tell me when it would be back in stock, they were overwelmed with the demand of the 235's due to the failure of the stock throttle servo's. So the stock steering servo being digital it's fine with the lipo chassis battey setup.  So I canceled the 235 and it's rocking.  The Killer Bee setup is sweet. I did manage to break the rear upper bumper arm, I've been bashing it in the cold and snow now for weeks,  I had a bad landing that prob wouldn't have bothered it if it weren't 10 degrees out.  I'm up at the snowmobile camp in northern NH and its plenty cold so it's getting a good test for sure. The only body damage so far is from the campground owners dog, an older pitbull mix, fat and ugly, he was chasing it around in the parking lot, it's all hard packed snow and ice, great for drifting, well he muckled on to the right rear wheel well and wouldn't let go, I pinned it and did doughnuts with the dog spinning around with his rear legs out straight.  If I had it on video it would have been a payday, I was laughing so hard I had tears coming down my face, I was on the other side of the lot and kept it wot as I ran toward the truck to get him off it. Got a set of teeth holes back there and it was covered with blood.  I'll get a pic up of it, I wish I would have taken out the clone first, the body on that is beat to death.  Love the truck, it still blows me away with the power and toughness. I'd love to know why someone wouldn't love this truck,  Peace you all, Go Pats!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:22 PM
auto2

brushless conversion . prototype picks

Old 02-05-2012, 05:40 PM
kyleandtavion

ORIGINAL: Al Morancy

Been busy lately sorry for the slow reply, I got the SV 0236 for steering and had ordered the 235 for throttle, the 235 is on back order from Savox and they couldn't tell me when it would be back in stock, they were overwelmed with the demand of the 235's due to the failure of the stock throttle servo's. So the stock steering servo being digital it's fine with the lipo chassis battey setup. So I canceled the 235 and it's rocking. The Killer Bee setup is sweet. I did manage to break the rear upper bumper arm, I've been bashing it in the cold and snow now for weeks, I had a bad landing that prob wouldn't have bothered it if it weren't 10 degrees out. I'm up at the snowmobile camp in northern NH and its plenty cold so it's getting a good test for sure. The only body damage so far is from the campground owners dog, an older pitbull mix, fat and ugly, he was chasing it around in the parking lot, it's all hard packed snow and ice, great for drifting, well he muckled on to the right rear wheel well and wouldn't let go, I pinned it and did doughnuts with the dog spinning around with his rear legs out straight. If I had it on video it would have been a payday, I was laughing so hard I had tears coming down my face, I was on the other side of the lot and kept it wot as I ran toward the truck to get him off it. Got a set of teeth holes back there and it was covered with blood. I'll get a pic up of it, I wish I would have taken out the clone first, the body on that is beat to death. Love the truck, it still blows me away with the power and toughness. I'd love to know why someone wouldn't love this truck, Peace you all, Go Pats!!!
Yah I had a throttle servo go out yeterday it just started smoking for no reason?.... Oh well
Old 02-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Al Morancy

Dude that conversion looks awesome man.  it says proto type, is that a one off or in production?  Are you the manuafacture?  Sweet looking setup man, has it been run yet? Hit me up with any info you can man, thanks
Old 02-05-2012, 08:10 PM
kochj

This is stock motor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

This is electric
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahuRl...feature=relmfu
Old 02-05-2012, 08:11 PM
kochj

By the way....
Anyone notice how miffed up Rcuniverse is on it's speed...or there lack of?....

Major internet issues .....
Old 02-06-2012, 05:12 AM
Al Morancy

Thanks for the electric link man,  That seeemed to rock pretty good to me, my Jetpro pipe sound way better than stock imho anyway. lol I want another one.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:06 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

What sort of run times do you get running hard on the electric conversion?
Old 02-06-2012, 11:25 AM
tjm5837

Have my 5ive on order should be here friday. I want to order a killer bee kill switch but am torn between the V1 and V2-s. I am using a spektrum dx3C so I can use the V1 and kill with my aux ch switch. But I noticed the V2-s has a 5 second delay built in to keep the failsafe system of the spectrum from kicking back on and restarting the engine before it spools down. Does the V1 have the delay too. Although I would like to kill engine with my aux switch, sounds like the V2-s has an added protection built in just for spectrum recievers and their ability to reconnect during glitches. Anybody know what I'm talking about? or am I rambling?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Al Morancy

Tim I'm running the V2 with the spekturm ds3s it was my only chooice, it's awesome man, maybe you'll get lucky and the rig you get won't have a bad throttle servo,  I have 2 new stock ones here now that will never see the light of day, if anyone needs them.  Savox 236 for steering and the stock steering servo is on the throttle. Lipo power, venom 2400 2s rocks this thing. Look into the Jetpro pipe, it's awesome for the money, My pinion came loose even with red lock tight so keep an eye on that, I did what these guys told me to do and I'm glad for it. Chase rear skid plate and braces, Turtle Clutch holder and carrier, outerwears all over, I've been beating this thing in the snow, mud, dirt, grass, it's a beast.  Enjoy it man, after you break it in do some plug checks to get the tune spot on and you'll never look back.  I still can't figure out why someone would get rid of this truck for the life of me, It's the best thing sense canned beer.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:32 AM
tjm5837

Wow. You've dropped some serious cash on that thing. But tell us how you really feel. With the dx3s you can use V1 or V2 killer bee, unless your 3rd channel is already being used. I went with V1, since I wanted to kill with 3rd channel switch an didnt plan on lights or anything.
At this point my truck may be lost in mail. UPS tracking has not updated in 5 days. It's still showing as departed pueblo CA and in transit/on time. It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, to FL. I've never seen UPS get stuck like that even from CA, except once when a pkg got lost over Christmas. We'll see.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:53 PM
TGNman

I have not been able to do any long term tests on battery life for the large scale brushless cars and trucks I own. I do so much testing and video work that I can never really get a real time from my runs. I have to say that I should be able to get anywhere from 12-18 minuted depending on how hard I am running the truck and which packs I install.

Below you can watch our Losi 5IVE-T brushless with the SkoPod conversion kit. You can see the abuse the kit and truck will take. The chassis on these trucks is not as strong as really needed for heavy bashers and it relies on the engine as a brace. The electric motor is HEAVY too we did not want that motor bouncing around with only two screws or even the 4 with the end hanging out.

http://largescalenews.com/2012/02/pl...-headquarters/

Below you can see our HPI Baja brushless and after a weekend of fun the engine mount was toast. The little screws move and the motor bounces around. The mounting system needs improvement for the HPI Baja if you ask me. Maybe what HPI has in the works will be better.

http://largescalenews.com/2011/11/ca...afterwerks-rc/
Old 03-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Al Morancy

Well dudes been away for a bit, I broke my pelvis in a snowmobile accident, got my first helicopter ride out of it. I've been riding for 40 years and never tore up a sled like this or got hurt for real, We have to travel the lake to get to the trail system and its a big lake with and Island in the middle that a dude lives on and there is a road plowed to it, we run the side of the plowed road and where you have to cross it there are stakes and flags, well back near shore when it was warm last week some nit whit plowed across the trail we use, all slush, well it's been in the single number at night and that slush turned to rock soild ice, I was coming home running the side of the plowed road and it was dusk and didn't see the plowed area till to late, all I did see was the clear blue ice the guy plowed up the ice piles were coveed by fresh snow, I was doing about 60 thank God, normal lake speed, ive been known to hit 100 through there. Thank you God again. Well it tried to jump the pile but the sled went straight up and to the right last thing I remember is the slap down and getting tossed, I balled up and rolled and flipped for what seemed like forever. The sled did 5 ene over ends and came to rest on it's lid 100 yards away in the plowed road. The rest is history. I had the scalers with me up at camp and just installed a DDM 29 in the 5ive, I was breaking it in when my buddies came over to get me, I should have kept working on the truck, lol so that was 9 days ago and sense I've been home I been able get crutch down to the shop and work sitting down with no trouble. Up at camp I run the scalers at all hours of the night and I ordered some light from Killer RC to help out with inside the cab and being able to run the trails at night up there. The Killer Light controller is crazy, I didn't know it did all the stuff it does, I got it for the ease of wiring and having a place to plug in my kill switch with out using a splitter. So here is a look at where we ended up. And a nice box just came from Daves, we are going to install the Chase CV couplers and Hostile rear carriers, some Full Force shock covers and axle caps. The 29 is broken in now and it's sick, great power and fast off the line. We are going to install the Full Force hi flow fuel line kit, so we got projects to do. Check out the light show.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzaG7VjzP_g[/youtube]
Old 03-31-2012, 07:33 PM
kochj

I just wanted to share this with you guys.....

For those that want to race in a 4wd buggy class....
A really nice conversion.

not out yet, but it appears this will shorten up the chassi...and make it turn better...

http://www.largescalerc.com/AJAB05C-...osi5ive-T.aspx
Old 03-31-2012, 07:52 PM
kochj

I do wish however, that someone would make a gas 4-stroke car/truck from the 1/10 to the 1/5 scale...
I realize this has been attempted with 2stroke to 4stroke conversions with varied results...
4stroke exhaust note is just so much more pleasant

The main reason I could see use of electric=noise or lack of.... I can't stand the tin can sound of these 2-strokes....
Of perhaps a quiet exhaust and a larger engine to take up the loss in power...

would have been really great to have this truck come from the factory with a 50-60cc engine. Installed..

Just say'n....
Old 04-02-2012, 05:15 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

he he he 4 stroke would be nice, then u would have the option of forced infuction....

Imagine a 50cc 4 stroke with one of these

He guys im getting a Cash bonus in the next 2 weeks im eyeing off one of these bit im a little bit anoyed that they dont come with a controller... whats with that?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:56 PM
kyleandtavion

Looks they are a manual waste gated and one of them looks like it doesn't even have a waste gate so you will need your own manual b.o.v. Which will work great since you can adjust it manually although your application may not build enough boost to even need one a waste gate.
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

he he he 4 stroke would be nice, then u would have the option of forced infuction....

He guys im getting a Cash bonus in the next 2 weeks im eyeing off one of these bit im a little bit anoyed that they dont come with a controller... whats with that?
Old 04-09-2012, 06:01 PM
kyleandtavion

So I had a fun experience today.... Just installed a vertigo spool in place of center differential. It worked awesome with my full mod zenoah from oneill brothers. Super fast and it really got the power to the ground. Well then the fun ended ...... totally grenaded the rear differential. Next looks like dark soul billet diff cases
Old 04-14-2012, 06:52 AM
phmaximus

Whattt????? Umm what do u mean by "manual wast gated"? Never heard that before??? They are clearly automated to there set psi to open, u can clearly see the actuator. Mind u I personally would run the actuator of the tiny inlet manifold... Just drill and tap a prt in there. Maby use a bleed valve too... With a auge of course...

Don't quight understand what u mean with a BOV, boost and slight spring pressure hold a BOV closed with the same boost pressure on both sides of the BOV,s piston. When the throttle plate closes, there is a sudden drop in pressure on the back side of the BOV's piston creating vaccume, because the motor it trying to suck air but the throttle plate is closed.... When this happens there will be boost on one side of the BOV's and vaccume on the other, only under these conditions the BOV will open until the bost is released, preventing a shock wave from bouncing from the closed throttle plate back to the turbo's impeller slowing the turbo rpm down.....

In short a BOV can't regulate boost

What are u talking about???

Dare say 50cc of exhaust gass/heat expanding would be sufficient to get one of those turbos spinning up...

ORIGINAL: kyleandtavion

Looks they are a manual waste gated and one of them looks like it doesn't even have a waste gate so you will need your own manual b.o.v. Which will work great since you can adjust it manually although your application may not build enough boost to even need one a waste gate.
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Old 04-14-2012, 06:53 AM
phmaximus

Should have my 5ive mid next week.... I'm so excited...
Old 04-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Al Morancy

Oh man I'm bummed to hear that man, I've been running the same locker with out any trouble so far, powered by a ddm big bore 30.5 no real motor mods and a jet pro pipe. It's a blast drifting around my track at wot for sure. After trashing CV protectors I found these, life time warranty www.customcvp.com 3 different sizes, I'm running the super xl's. Man i hope my rear diff hangs in for a while. Just went to Savox hi power servos, 235 for steering and a 236 for trottle and brake, the 236 acted up like a bunch of guys had happen to them and I took it apart and found a bad solder at the motor where the motor meets the board, that parts is attached rigtht to the brush inside the motor, so I made a new one up and she's been running like a charm for a month. It was on the steering side with the stock steering servo on the throttle, then the steering servo went in the baja so I got the new savox for the 5ive and put the losi stocker in the baja for steering, lol just a big mash of parts, whatever works right. The losi stock steering servo is a good servo imho. They are both happy and running the same mills, now i need the trutle pull starter for the baja. That pull starter is about the happyiest upgrade I've done, No more holding my breath and hoping this isn't the pull that ends it. I'm ordering another one today. Something else to chew on gents, I'm testing a new clutch from Buku, it's our stock shoes with their new Komposite material. We'll keep you all posted, got to clear the bond and test for wear, but that material on my 8th scale nitros I'm getting 6 gallons of fuel with big blocks in two different trucks, an XL with a picco 28 and a revo with an LRP 30. The material is unreal, while those shoes are brass and disapates heat better I can be bashing with a mill at 260 and my clutch will be 140. Same set of beariing for 6 months now. No heat to kill them. Our hopes are to reshoe worn out shoes, it will work as long as the shoe has gone down to metel on metel and created a flat spot. Dave mailed them out yesterday, when I get them I'll put up some pics and video. Bash on bro, it's like summer here today. Burning everything today, Gas, Nitro, & electricity. lol Peace guys.
ORIGINAL: kyleandtavion

So I had a fun experience today.... Just installed a vertigo spool in place of center differential. It worked awesome with my full mod zenoah from oneill brothers. Super fast and it really got the power to the ground. Well then the fun ended ...... totally grenaded the rear differential. Next looks like dark soul billet diff cases

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.