Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Banana Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:35 PM
summvideo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banana Hobby

Has anyone bought a tank from Banana Hobby? Their prices seem very reasonable.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

Got a link to look at?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:16 PM
summvideo

The main site is www.bananahobby.com
From the menu, click on airsoft tanks
Old 09-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Ern

I'd stay away from them. There was a lot of bad talk a year or two ago about them and a couple other retailers... just Google "Banana hobby Reviews" and you can read some comments, and/or use the forum search box for comments on RC Universe. What are you looking to buy? You can't go wrong with RC Command, RC Tank Wars, and Mato for just about anything you'll need.

http://www.rccommand.com/

http://www.rctankwars.com/

http://matomart.com/homepage.php Keep in mind that these guys are in Canada and shipping will be more expensive, longer delays, and costly shipping if you need too return the item
Old 09-23-2009, 10:22 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ern

I'd stay away from them. There was a lot of bad talk a year or two ago about them and a couple other retailers... just Google ''Banana hobby Reviews'' and you can read some comments, and/or use the forum search box for comments on RC Universe. What are you looking to buy? You can't go wrong with RC Command, RC Tank Wars, and Mato for just about anything you'll need.

http://www.rccommand.com/

http://www.rctankwars.com/

http://matomart.com/homepage.php Keep in mind that these guys are in Canada and shipping will be more expensive, longer delays, and costly shipping if you need too return the item
Mato now ships from the USA, but if you have to return a tank you end up dealing wiht the guys in Canada for now.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:37 PM
chinito_03

go for rccommand and rctankwars... both of the owner are active here in the forum...
last year when i was not into tank yet.. bought a rc truck from them for my nephew as a bday present. took almost a month for the item to arrive (same state shipping) and recieved it with a damage control... and refuses to replace it.. thats my experience from them last year... and my nephew was very disapointed..
i think raidentech.com has a very reseasonable prices too...
hope ths helps..

daryl
Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 AM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bought a lot of stuff from Raidentech Tanks,and boats.They "advertise as the lowest price on line" and I don't think you will find anyone who can even come close to or even be able to match their prices.Most of the time I was able to get the item shipped free in the lower 48 states. Pick your item and if the total cost is over $50.00 dollars, then start your check-out- process and in the coupon box-Enter CJFREESHIPPING And see if they honor this coupon.You can cancel the order process at any time before you push the final "BUY" button.A lot of their tanks that come with the metal tracks and sprockets sell for $109.00 dollars and $119.00 dollars. I have not seen anyone selling them that cheap.Make sure your tank add says "SMOKE & SOUND" as they do sell the NON smoke and sound models also.They are in California and shipping to most places in the States is 5 days or less.And they get the orders out fast

For what it's worth-BIGMIG
Old 09-24-2009, 06:21 AM
angusx

I've had my ups and downs with Raidentech, but certainly agree about their prices. They're very cheap. Not the smoothest or most accessible of customer service, but if you're on a tight budget, they're well worth a try. And of course, if you have no problems with the product, you won't need to contact customer service.

From a recent email:

Fall Special Sales by taking an extra 10% OFF NO MINIMUM-offer expires on 9/30/09

Use coupon code "FALL" at check out for 10% OFF on all R/C products at Raidentech.com 's already crazy low prices.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:36 AM
USTanker

I tried ordering from them and it was a mess I'd stay away as well they never answer there phones.
USTanker
Old 09-24-2009, 08:37 AM
dash69

Hi All, I have purchased from both and gotten tanks that do not work and even with parts missing or broken. To me shipping something back cost too much and it eats up whatever savings you might gain. RCTankWars and RCCOMAND are the only ones I will deal with. Phil at Tank wars gets a nod because he inspects and always answers questions promptly.
Be well,
David
Old 03-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Romally

<xml><oocumentProperties><o:Template>Normal.dotm</o:Template><o:Revision>0</o:Revision><o:TotalTime>0</o:TotalTime><o:Pages>1</o:Pages><o:Words>139</o:Words><o:Characters>796</o:Characters><o:Company>Us Coast Guard</o:Company><o:Lines>6</o:Lines><o:Paragraphs>1</o:Paragraphs><o:CharactersWithSpaces>977</o:CharactersWithSpaces><o:Version>12.0</o:Version></oocumentProperties><o:OfficeDocumentSettings><o:AllowPNG /></o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><xml><w:WordDocument><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves><w:TrackFormatting /><w:PunctuationKerning /><wrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>18 pt</wrawingGridHorizontalSpacing><wrawingGridVerticalSpacing>18 pt</wrawingGridVerticalSpacing><wisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</wisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery><wisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</wisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery><w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /><w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText><w:Compatibility><w:BreakWrappedTables /><wontGrowAutofit /><wontAutofitConstrainedTables /><wontVertAlignInTxbx /></w:Compatibility></w:WordDocument></xml><xml><w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="276"></w:LatentStyles></xml> <style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}</style>

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with and will recommend that nobody ever use this company. The 100% satisfaction guarantee is total CRAP! This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my LIFE. I would pay the 300.00$ to erase this experience from my memory. 7 hours on hold, non-operating product and then they want me to pay all the cost associated with the return. Or they give me 86.00$ back and I keep the tank????? Really that is the shipping that I asked to split with them. Who runs a business like that??? Are they Stupid??? So does anyone feel that it is a good business move for me to keep the broken Tank and u return 86.00$ back to me, REALLY, FOR REAL, REALLY!!

<o></o>

I absolutely despise this company, and will recommend to every military member who does business on line to punch them self in the face before they buy anything from this company!!!

<o></o>

I am also going on every review web site I can find to tell them about my experience!!!

Old 03-05-2012, 03:30 PM
BIGMIG

Trying to post a reply is getting to be a pain in the butt..............Go to all the trouble to write it and and get an error messege from the RCU site and you lose it all.So whats the deal.........RCU don't know by now this is taking place ?? They can't make a simple post here ( sorry we are having technical problems and we are working on it ) Or mabe this site is screwed up and thats just the way it's going to be people..........[:-]

I will try to post a reply to this thread using the backdoor approach ( by means of "edit" )

If this will post.??? BIGMIG

Hello Romally,

First question would be why not start and original thread of your own other than replying to one that was started 2 1/2 years ago.??
Things can change from any seller in two and a half years,and can be for the better or for the worse.Some of the posters here aren't even members here now.

My next big question ?...........What seller are you even talking about as there are several mentioned in this thread...??

(Posting this if it will and will continue..........)

If you have a problem with an order no matter who it was bought from,try to include the full details of what took place other than "bits & pieces" that don't make a heck of a lot of sense to me or anyone else.

The basics would be..........The Seller......The Brand and model.........Price can be informational......Shipping cost and by who ===Fed-x==UPS==snali mail===ECT.

Then the big question......What was the problem you had.....????

Just for general info .........Most sellers will make you,me,or anyone else pay the return shipping on a tank if there is something wrong with it and it needs to be replaced.One exception to this would be if they sent you the wrong product..and it was their fault and not yours.Something for other members to keep in mind when buying something from another country other than their own as it can get spendy returning a product for a replacement waurenty or guarantee. (probbly spelled wrong but you will get the point )

And the big question.....How do they propose to resolve the problem......??? With the actual details when you post this info....

BIGMIG

A side note "for what it's worth".........We all know that the "Quality Control" at the factory on any of these chineese tanks leaves a lot to be desired.But that does not excuse the fact that these are being sold as "new" and we all want to be able to take one out of the box and have it do what it is suppose to do. ( WORK )...........Not be all scratched up,parts missing,parts busted,or one or more of its features not working.(this we can all agree on ).

This i can tell you..
I don't care who the seller is,not one of them can tell you (well they can) that they can give a 100 % guarentee to you me or anyone else after sticking one of these tanks in a package and shipping it half way across the country and that it for sure won't have any problem when you pull it out of the box and fire it up. (I know better than that and have bought to many of them,and from a varity of sellers.Thats just pure bull ).We can all hope this will be the case that everything works when we get them.

I can tell the members here i have had (2) new tanks burn out the main boards just by nothing else other than turning them on..? Why they did this i did not have a clue.? The first one fried as soon as it was turned on.Opened it up and there was no apearent problem i coud detect.Replaced the board and it worked just fine.
The second one that did this was also new and i had test run it on a smooth surface floor with the only standard forward,backward,turns,turret movement,and firing the guns.Turned it off and set in on the work bench and turned it back on an hour later and the board instantly burned up and smoked.?? This does happen....Why i don't know.?

BIGMIG
Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 PM
briz

I am making an effort to avoid all of these "cheapo" sites lately .....you get what you pay for(or dont pay for).
Old 03-05-2012, 07:51 PM
BIGMIG

[quote]ORIGINAL: briz

I am making an effort to avoid all of these ''cheapo'' sites lately .....you get what you pay for(or dont pay for).
[/quote

Allways get a smile on my face when i see a generic post like this.......

Buy a HL tank (you pick the model ) .............Made on the same production line....Same chineese company........loaded on a ship to the toy buying capitol of the world......good old USA..... From there to the sellers........

Seller # 1...........cost to buyer $65.00 dollars
Seller # 2..........cost to buyer $85.00 dollars
Seller # 3..........cost to buyer $115.00 dollars
Seller # 4..........cost to buyer $135.00 dollars

Same tank,same MFG,and all with the same guarentee........If it don't work send it back for a replacement.......Where would you buy your's................

BIGMIG....

If you choose # 2 thru #4 ....I have some stuff i would like to sell you..........
Old 03-05-2012, 09:21 PM
briz

Not what I meant..........I was not clear......I no longer buy ANY HL's...from anyone.But thats just me.At the same time.......I no longer buy any new Tamiya's either.
I would not buy an airplane or a boat from these type of sites either.I had a VERY bad experience with Banana Hobby about 3 years ago......I will not go into detail on a public forum.
On a personal note....I have shifted to 1/8 scale RC Armory.I will keep my existing Tam's and my HL Panther(cuz I really like it).....but all other HL's will be sold soon.
BIGMIG makes a very good point though.......you just have to ask yourself....is the potential hassle worth it...if its a DOA?
You take a risk with HL...no matter who you buy from...luckily...they are easy to fix and get running
Old 03-06-2012, 03:56 PM
vett guy

if you buy one from phil and it craps he makes it right. just did that for me on a bull dog spend a little more. get the sevice.rc tank wars . banna reidentec man they suck. stay away very far away