Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

exceed rc drift cars 99 bucks?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

exceed rc drift cars 99 bucks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
klaben1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exceed rc drift cars 99 bucks?

are these any good theres aluminum parts and seems to work really well can you really go wrong? could you just put normal non drifting tires on this if you wanted a normal car? i might order it tonight if its not a hunk of garbage. [link]http://www.raidentech.com/1elrarecorct.html[/link]
Old 09-20-2009, 08:23 PM
SIRCC

Default RE: exceed rc drift cars 99 bucks?

WASTE of money will not find part at LHS.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:35 AM
AusDrifter18

agree with SIRCC dont bother
Old 09-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Freequensee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My LHS sold these to some people who wanted to get into drifting and it only resulted in bad things. They went to the store looking for parts and ended up getting into arguments about how they don't stock parts for that car.

The car itself isn't bad (I've tried one) but there is no part support and that alone is a good enough reason to not buy one. Get a TT01 or an E10 instead. Both are cheap and have more options then the Exceed.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:22 PM
thechrisart

I drift an Exceed Rc Champion and it does just fine.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:43 AM
AusDrifter18

do you own / drive other cars? I own a few Rc cars and sell the exceed cars myself... Parts support from the company itself is shocking
Old 10-16-2009, 12:07 AM
rum_n_coke

i have one and it's great to learn and bash around!
Old 10-18-2009, 05:45 PM
7ender
My Feedback: (1)

Anyone else have any opinions on these? I'm interested in them as well, and the LHS not stocking parts issue doesn't matter to me...I dont' have any local hobby shops anyways and would order my parts online either way.

Judging by the specs, they seem to be a bargain!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:03 PM
sv650stunter

i am interested also
since i had to sell my tmaxx (weather in ohio didn't permit as much nitro fun as i would have liked, and my mini lst wouldn't quit eating diffs i got rid of that to)
i was looking for something to bash in my basement (it's cement floor)
and this looks half way decent

and the whole lhs and parts
i have 1 local hobby shoppe that is a little mom and pop shop that only supports traxxas and hpi (and by traxxas and hpi i mean they sell and have parts for the following rc's tmaxx,revo,jato,savage,savage x,and the hpi onroad cars)
Old 10-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Druss

I'd say make sure you have parts support online even. That's an issue. I really don't care in most cases whether my lhs has parts in stock as long as I can find them somewhere.

I still say that for $99 you can probably find a good condition used TT-01 RTR.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Q8 RC

For a Extra 50$ you get a E10 HPI drifter now thats a bargain plus its extra customizable
Old 10-20-2009, 12:03 PM
BlackCatDrifting

90 can get you the e10 with no elec, i found a tt01 wholesale on ebay for 89 shipped.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:50 AM
Tim6868

I purchased an exceed champion on the first of January of 2010,yes I know its not a drift car its an onroad vehicle since then I've spent hours and hours not just a few likely enough time to say its been weeks looking into this company and I can tell you that at least seven different name brands of the exact make can be found online.
HSP Flying fish redcat racing there's a German company selling a model different body shells same chassis and likely the same shody RX's,you have raidentech nitrorcx I believe even though their from two differnt coasts in the U.S. I truely believer their one in the same,both of the forementioned are running out of replacement parts.
Their customer service "well look for yourself I just read a post right here about that nightmare",you send them an email they send you one back "dear customer we reviewed your email we will have a customer service rep contact you to get back with you in 1-2 business days" of course after 1 or 2 business days you get no reply,I'll state it as it was said in another forum I belong to these guys are fly by night and will soon disapear as quick as they appeared.
I would advise anyone looking to get into the hobby to go ahead a cough up the $200+ and get something form a reputable source and try to look the history of the car up before you buy it that way you don't run into problems with it being discontinued along with replacement parts.
I hate to step on anyones toes here but there's noting but red flags all around this company go look into their own forum people got these things for their kids for Christmas just to have them run for five minute if they worked at all and when they contacted customer service they got blown off or they flat out refuse to to make good on their product,they also had printed an instructipn manual that listed carbon fiber chasis shock towers and upper decks everyone seemed to wandering why they got no instruction manuals I suspect it was because who ever the real manufature of exceed is,had no plans to produce those parts.
This was pretty much confirmed when I asked about those parts in the exceed forum because there was an attempt to brush that right under the rug just as they did their best to shut people up who had problems with their vehicles and were getting no answer from raidentech or nitrorcx.
Three times I've charged the battery to this car I have and I've noticed something that concerns me the tranformer gets extreamly hot I look to see just about any day that I go to charge the battery up again to find the tranformer casing melted.
With all this said "and no I don't have it out for the brand name" just keep it in mind that in all truth these are nothing but rolling chassis that you may or may not be able to get replacement parts for in the near future,and at best you will want to replace the radio system,I have read that thes will accept Hpi shocks I've had a heck of a time finding tires that will fit mine I've found a couple sources but very few.
I'm sorry if what I written here offends anyone but this has been my expierence,or the result of what I've found in researching these models.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:43 AM
HCFirefighter09

You can got to multiple places to get parts online. hobbypartz.com,nitrorcx.com are just a couple of sites that I found that have the spare and upgrade parts for a Exceed Champion RC car. The car is great for beginners who want to start off in this hobby with out having to spend 200+ dollars on a rc car. Plus the car has multiple brushless and TX upgrades you can get from the sites. All you have to do is google the car and you can find parts for it.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:32 PM
9five9

gotta love when people post in a dead thread.....
Old 05-29-2011, 05:08 PM
HCFirefighter09

then why u posting back?

Old 05-30-2011, 02:14 PM
9five9

I'm not complaining
Old 01-20-2012, 12:01 PM
hsp flying fish

the hasp flying fish car is fully up gradeable

Old 01-20-2012, 12:05 PM
hsp flying fish

i found a site thats got ever up grade for  Exceed  redcat hsp flying fish 
Old 01-25-2012, 08:53 AM
thorian

Then get the Redcat racing drifter, Meadow Ridge Hobies here has found that the HPI parts are a direct drop in for the cheap redcatcars.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:57 AM
LH 253

If you need any parts for these then type the part no that's on the list at the back of the paperwork that comes with the car into ebay and you'll find it in 2 seconds.

Shop right and you'll find sellers that provide free postage too.

A list of names that these cars come under-
HSP
Flying Fish
Seben Racing
Redcat
Exceed
HBX
HiMoto
There's others too.

As far as the LHS stocking parts- they are useless!
If I mention OFNA they give me a blank stare.  Basically anything other than Tamiya or Kyosho they don't have a clue and if they need to order something in it'll take over a month.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:09 AM
mn99x

I may invest in one now after reading all of this
Old 03-10-2012, 01:21 AM
szewang2805
Banned

[link=http://www.hobbyhot.com/HOBBYWING-XERUN-Series/][/link] Great Job!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Hoostas
My Feedback: (1)

For $100 you can get an Ofna JL10e drift roller (their old OB 4 cxhassis I belive) Almost 50/50 balance.. Cool ride... I got one and it's lots of fun. Parts available from Ofnadave on ebay or from Ofnas web page... If it has to be an RTR, Tamaya TT01s for about $100 with the truck body on it are easey to find. I belive there was a cheap RTR with an Enzo bod too... Parts everywhere for those... Hope this helps.