Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

I must be twisted!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:01 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I must be twisted!

I have now bought 2 twister XTG Pro's used off ebay.

The 1st one has already arrived. There was a broken front upper plate. I have a replacement coming as well as a t-bone racing bumper and a wheely bar.

And today I jsut bought a second twister. I dont even know why really. I suppose I will set them up differently. 1 I will I will put the wheely bar on and get some good tires for pavement and set it up for 3s lipo speed runs.

The other I will setup as my basher. I have some proline sand paddle tires that can go on it. Maybe Ill get a proline crowd pleaser body for it...The ones made for the rustlers should fit the twister pretty good.

Overall it looks like a good truck. the a-arms and shock towers look beafy and I really like the metal driveshafts. Who knows how many traxxas plastic slider shafts I snapped on my rustler VXL!
The front end...where the shock tower mounts to the upper front mount looks like it could use some extra strength (where the 1st model was broken)

I will look into a mod to make it stronger and post pics when I come up with something. I should be able to use some flat metal or possible some odd camber links I have.

I also think I will try finding a new from body post setup. The stock ones dont look strong enough for hardcore bashing.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:54 AM
bigblueford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I must be twisted!

Be sure to check your slipper clutch adjustment. I just received a new Twister, rand it for about 3 minutes with a 3S lipo and melted the spur gear and slipper clutch parts down. It ran fairly good with just NiMh but the 3S lipo was just too much for the clutch with the factory adjustment.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I must be twisted!

How many RC cars do you have now exactly?